Media Sean Strickland interviewed on ESPN by Megan Olivi

Sean is going to whoop this overrated DDP guy and make it look easy. You're telling me the same coach, same staff that figured out how to make Ngannou fight 10 rounds with Fury, even dropped him, just suddenly can't figure out DDP? LOL. GTFO here. This will be Sean's easiest title defense, he's got the best coach/staff in the game behind him, and DDP is not this elusive mystery. Easy money.

That same coaching staff already faced and lost to DDP, so if someone told you they can't figure out DDP, they'd be right thus far.

It's what I'm saying. Idk why people are so confident in Dricus. Yes, he knocked out Whittaker, but Whittaker also has a bad chin and uncharacteristically ran right into a punch. It was almost as bad as what Reyes did vs. Spann. Meanwhile, Sean, who has great stamina and TDD, and just had one of the most defensively sound striking performances in UFC history against Izzy is going to get crushed all of a sudden? MMA math isn't going to work here.
it's because they hate D'Sean while ignoring every other fighter who has ever contradicted himself, or got mad when shit got talked against them.

DDP is overrated. Darren Till almost KO'd him. Sean with the best conditioning, defense, basics, and that mastermind team/coaches will easily coast to a victory this weekend. To think that they can't figure out DDP is just a massive LOL.

That same coaching staff already faced and lost to DDP, so if someone told you they can't figure out DDP, they'd be right thus far.
so now with even more footage, more game planning, sean stricklands abilities, its another foregone conclusion? get out of here.

so now with even more footage, more game planning, sean stricklands abilities, its another foregone conclusion? get out of here.

I never said it was a foregone conclusion. I'm just telling you that yes the same coaching staff that you have so much confidence in were in fact already unable to figure dricus out once. You asking in disbelief about whether that staff suddenly wont be able to figure dricus out is odd considering it isn't sudden at all -- They already tried and failed, so if they fail again, it's hardly sudden or unheard of.

I never said it was a foregone conclusion. I'm just telling you that yes the same coaching staff that you have so much confidence in were in fact already unable to figure dricus out once. The pondered about that staff suddenly being unable to figure dricus out is just odd considering it isn't sudden at all -- They already tried and failed, so of they fail again, it's hardly sudden or unheard of.
the people that have lost to DDP, are also no where near sean's abilities. the same coaching staff will figure out DDP, he's not some elusive mystery monster.

the people that have lost to DDP, are also no where near sean's abilities. the same coaching staff will figure out DDP, he's not some elusive mystery monster.

Okay. Well, to answer this question

You're telling me the same coach, same staff that figured out how to make Ngannou fight 10 rounds with Fury, even dropped him, just suddenly can't figure out DDP?

The answer is that it's very possible and it wouldn't be a sudden failure to figure him out, but a reoccurring failure since they've already failed once to figure him out. Maybe second try is a charm.

The stakes are high enough here to where Nicksick and co. will invest far more time and effort into diagnosing Dricus than they ever have before. Comparing this fight to any in the past in this context is kind of a false equivalency.

Okay. Well, to answer this question

The answer is that it's very possible and it wouldn't be a sudden failure to figure him out, but a reoccurring failure since they've already failed once to figure him out. Maybe second try is a charm.
my stance is, the people who have lost to DDP would also lose to Sean Strickland at this point. This, combined with Seans easy victory over stand up legend Izzy, plus the expert coaching staff equates to an easy unanimous decision win over DDP, regardless if they have came short previously, with lesser talent.

The stakes are high enough here to where Nicksick and co. will invest far more time and effort into diagnosing Dricus than they ever have in the past. Comparing this fight to any in the past in this context is kind of a false equivalency.

I get it man. But to act so confident in a coaching staff and act like it's a foregone conclusion that they figure dricus out, despite the fact that they already failed against him, is odd. It is like if I said "you expect me to believe chad Mendes' coaching staff can't figure out Jose aldo?"....when his coaching staff already tried and failed to figure him out before lol.

So yes, it shouldn't be that hard to believe that that coaching staff might fail against dricus. THEY ALREADY DID.

Last edited:
my stance is, the people who have lost to DDP would also lose to Sean Strickland at this point. This, combined with Seans easy victory over stand up legend Izzy, plus the expert coaching staff equates to an easy unanimous decision win over DDP, regardless if they have came short previously, with lesser talent.

I'll be honest with you. I want DDP to win, but I'm kind of flip flopping on who I think will actually win. Today I'm slightly edging Sean. I think due to both guys awkward styles, it is a very hard fight to predict. That said, I think I believe the reverse of your statement to be true as well: I'd pick ddp over all the guys Strickland has beat, including izzy. This is basically a 50 50 fight for me.

I'll be honest with you. I want DDP to win, but I'm kind of flip flopping on who I think will actually win. Today I'm slightly edging Sean. I think due to both guys awkward styles, it is a very hard fight to predict. That said, I think I believe the reverse of your statement to be true as well: I'd pick ddp over all the guys Strickland has beat, including izzy. This is basically a 50 50 fight for me.
DDPs got power but sean knows this, the coaches know this, everyone knows this. i think theyre planning on taking it into the later rounds, test his cardio, which is super suspect and go from there. i give sean the edge. only way DDP wins is a blitz early. think the team is too smart for that one. i also dont think DDP would have beaten izzy.

Same.

I honestly don't know who takes this one.

Dricus has the punching power and grappling edge.

I think Sean is sharper on the feet, especially with his jab and defense.

I think Dricus either stops him early, or Sean out points him over 5.

But I definitely would not be confident enough to call this a lock for either guy.

Just hoping for a great scrap.

DDPs got power but sean knows this, the coaches know this, everyone knows this. i think theyre planning on taking it into the later rounds, test his cardio, which is super suspect and go from there. i give sean the edge. only way DDP wins is a blitz early. think the team is too smart for that one. i also dont think DDP would have beaten izzy.

I know man, but sean knew poatan had power too, and the gameplan against izzy was to wrestle more -- Sean doesn't always follow the gameplan. Nicksick is a great coach and I like his idea of countering dricus's blitzs with elbows. We'll see how it goes for him. Whoever is on the front foot is probably winning in this fight as both guys aren't that great backing up.

Sean is a much sharper striker, movement, everything; DDP is very open, clumbsy, clunky; I see Sean piecing him up.

I know man, but sean knew poatan had power too, and the gameplan against izzy was to wrestle more -- Sean doesn't always follow the gameplan. Nicksick is a great coach and I like his idea of countering dricus's blitzs with elbows. We'll see how it goes for him. Whoever is on the front foot is probably winning in this fight as both guys aren't that great backing up.
poatan has power and also expert striking command and ability. DDP has power but in a pure striking match, poatan would win. i think DDP is enough under seans' skin that sean will want to make sure he wins this saturday. DDP also has terrible cardio. Sean just has to avoid for a round or two and it is instantly in his favor.

damn that Cauli ear is looking pretty awful, that must be new? from training?
It got really swollen and infected after the Izzy fight, to the point to where he was always in pain. He just re-aggravated it in sparring, it was bleeding pretty good.

poatan has power and also expert striking command and ability. DDP has power but in a pure striking match, poatan would win. i think DDP is enough under seans' skin that sean will want to make sure he wins this saturday. DDP also has terrible cardio. Sean just has to avoid for a round or two and it is instantly in his favor.

I wasn't trying to compare poatan and dricus. I was just using poatan as an example of Strickland not sticking to gameplans.

The two times Dricus saw round 3 in the UFC, he had his best rounds. Hell, his one fight that went the distance -- the last round of the Tavarez fight -- his output doubled compared to the early rounds. So I don't really know how bad his cardio is when he actually fights better as the fights progress. Another thing worth noting is that everyone dricus fights gasses worst than him. It's just by no means a simple fight for either guy in my opinion.

The two times Dricus saw round 3 in the UFC, he had his best rounds. Hell, in round 3 of the Tavarez fight, his output doubled compared to the early rounds. I don't know how bad his cardio actually is because despite looking gassed as fuck, in the UFC, he's performed better as his fights progressed through the rounds.
against till he looked bad and we know sean can go the full five, senses and all, physical output and all, defense reads and all the whole time. i'd give the edge in cardio to sean strickland, as with coaching, experience, better wins, etc. DDP has a shot of course, but Sean on paper wins.

against till he looked bad and we know sean can go the full five, senses and all, physical output and all, defense reads and all the whole time. i'd give the edge in cardio to sean strickland, as with coaching, experience, better wins, etc. DDP has a shot of course, but Sean on paper wins.

Dricus looked great in round 3 against till. He Switched to southpaw, out struck till that round, then took him down and finished him. It was again one of his best rounds, and it happened late in the fight. He looked like he took round 2 off for sure, though.

Back