Media Sean Strickland in friction with fans after Belal joke

My brother, why would you ever compare one guy's 5th grader mouth farts with masters of the craft who innovated their field and challenged their contemporary culture?
I didn't say he's a great comedian, but he seems more comedic that hateful. People seem offended easy these days, which is why I brought up 80's non PC humor.

I didn't say he's a great comedian, but he seems more comedic that hateful. People seem offended easy these days, which is why I brought up 80's non PC humor.

Humour isn't PC now. Just this kind of joke is no longer new nor challenging nor a real risk to take (often instead being very rewarding financially), so obviously the people going that route are seen differently from the ones that did it in the 80's.
Cultures change so you need different approaches to be challenging and provoking.

He won every fight that went to the judge's decision and won the final round in all of those bouts.
He had 2 decisions and he lost 3rd against Usman. Even though he won 3rd with Burns, 1st round is his best, 2nd can be good but mot nearly as good as the 1st but 3rd he coasted against Usman

Strickland is UFC's South Park with plenty of episodes.

Be entertained, Be offended, Laugh, Cry, Riot, Tap Out your Hurt Feelings on Sherdog ...

But keep on watching and listening.

It's a joke. A tired, hacky, unfunny joke ... but still a joke. Who gives a shit. Sean's a dummy, we know this.

I'm Muslim and got a mild chuckle out of it only because its such low hanging fruit and such a played out attempt at humor I pictured Strickland himself grinning from ear to ear imagining he made a funny. I'm not the least bit offended but I do find it strange that Strickland himself is such a baby when he's criticized or made the butt of a joke that he doesn't recognize his own hypocrisy. He's exactly the sort of sensitive man-child that would be offended at this type of joke if he was the target.

I'm Muslim and got a mild chuckle out of it only because its such low hanging fruit and such a played out attempt at humor I pictured Strickland himself grinning from ear to ear imagining he made a funny. I'm not the least bit offended but I do find it strange that Strickland himself is such a baby when he's criticized or made the butt of a joke that he doesn't recognize his own hypocrisy. He's exactly the sort of sensitive man-child that would be offended at this joke if he was the target.
It's very strange that anyone is defending the little baby who has paperthin skin, while claiming the people who don't get him are just people who get offended by everything when this dude literally cried when 1 dude mocked him for getting his ass beat by his father.

Humour isn't PC now. Just this kind of joke is no longer new nor challenging nor a real risk to take (often instead being very rewarding financially), so obviously the people going that route are seen differently from the ones that did it in the 80's.
Cultures change so you need different approaches to be challenging and provoking.
Bill Burr is one of the best these days at doing that.

Who cares. Back when I used to shave my head more than one person joked about me looking like a white supremacist (I’m Jewish). I didn’t give a shit.

Who cares. Back when I used to shave my head more than one person joked about me looking like a white supremacist (I’m Jewish). I didn’t give a shit.

You're no better than Clayton Bigsby!

05wgjbj477o11.png

Doesn't seem nearly as bad and are these your friends busting your balls or people you don't like?

These things matter

Wrong. all good comedy punches up, not down - thats why 'right wing' comics arent fucking funny and end up crying on fox news instead of telling jokes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zablawa
Back