Media Sean Strickland awarded fighter of the year (Mod Edit: By MMAJunkie)

If Strickland is the best thing the MW division has to offer at this point then I'm not sure what it says about the overall talent level of the UFC.

He literally did not land a single punch while absorbing a dozen, and then the "takedown" is Sean falling off the chair he himself stood up on while DDP isn't even holding him.

Only on Sherdog could the very same people who complain every card for decades that takedowns are meaningless suddenly simultaneously say DDP won that fight.

(hint: the way to understand Sherdog scoring is who their favourite fighter is)

I thought it was funny. He said afterwards that Sean hits like a girl. I wouldn't even let a girl tee off on me. Definitely not a dude.

Volk is coming from a lower weight class.

You can't give a lightweight fighter of the year for 2 wins against a 5ft2 featherweight, one of them being a 50/50 fight.
The higher weight fighter is supposed to win. Weight classes exist for a reason. Hence why Conor, Holloway, and Volk all lost their fights moving up.

It should be a negative to be the higher weight fighter defeating the lower guy. Just as inversely the lower fighter defeating the higher should be higher weighted.

The 2nd fight is just nonsensical to even count in the first place. Volk was asked to take it on 10 days notice over the official backup LW due to sales reasons, while coming off surgery. It was always an enormous uphill battle. Islam winning again, and better this time, is what's supposed to happen.

I thought it was funny. He said afterwards that Sean hits like a girl. I wouldn't even let a girl tee off on me. Definitely not a dude.
It's so stupid as even if Sean does hit like a girl and none of them affected him he still took them. Why couldn't you counter any of them then? As it stands, it's a pretty clear 10-9 for Sean as he's the only one who did any offense.

It's especially embarassing as DDP asked him to fight and wasn't at all prepared for him to actually fight him when asked to. Meanwhile Sean heard it, turned around, saw there was a family in the way, and literally asked them to move to clear a battle ground for him.

It's an obvious 10-9 for Sean, but a lot of people hate Sean so here we are with people pretending DDP had to have won it despite landing nothing.

Agreed. Really impressed by his achievements in the octagon.

People are now mocking him for his reaction, following the father abuse trash talking, but IMO, that very reaction was actually understandable, and, dare I say, sane ; whereas his previous words regarding gays, etc, were quite unnecessary. What I mean is I do understand that he sounds incoherent, clearly ; but this may also be a lesson for him. Maybe he'll think twice before publicly shitting on other people's lives.
Psychotraumas don't excuse everything, but it's not surprising that he's still struggling to find out what kind of man he wants to be.

Well deserved. His win over Adesanya will go down as an all time great striking performance. All the dumb ass drama going on right now has nothing to do with it.

As a part owner of the Saskatchewan Roughriders, I take exception with your comment. Couldn't you have compared it to something like the WNBA? Trying to ruin my otherwise nice day ...
WNBA rides on NBA coattails……CFL and UFC survive on their own lol

This is great news and quite deserved.

Good for you Sean Tarzan! Your #BlueCollarMentality was been inspiring to many across the world. And also notable was the bravery he have in calling out the #SexualDeviancy behaviour of the former but then champ #Izzy, despite potential backlash for speak of member of family who was become deceased many year prior.

We need more #AmericanHero like you in order to win the fight against #Satan and the #AmericanApartheid which was been threaten our freedom.

In the name of America, Jesus, and Freedom, please do not stop.

images (1).jpeg
(Note for blind Sherdog brother/sister/otherwise and #UFCFriend on screen reader: this is image of Sean Tarzan with shirt off, looking to the future and enjoying his freedom. #Inclusivity)

Of course unless by stop, you was mean #StopAmericanHate.

#injesushisname #aparthoodiswrong #BlueCollarCulture

Last edited:
Sean makes all the sense.

Dont get Islam in this spot. Yes he beat Volk twice but once on short notice and other was super close dec in great fight. Not to mention Volk went up in weight not Islam.

Islam is top three but had nothing on Sean.

Or, put another way. Winning 2 fights against the same guy from a weight class below you while not defending against anyone in your weight class does not get you fighter of the year.
Then say that beforehand instead of promising the fight is for the #1 P4P when you’re full of shit. If they said Volk fights would be discredited and were a waste of Islam’s time then he never would have wasted his prime on those fights.

But they didn’t do that. They promised it was a P4P fight for the top spot, then didn’t like the result, and while choking back tears said nah the fights don’t count. It is akin to selling something for 500 bucks and then the seller says it was worth 50 cents. It only makes the seller look like a shit scammer.

Back