Media Sean Strickland awarded fighter of the year (Mod Edit: By MMAJunkie)

Val is a legend and great and all but is clearly on the downward slope relative to her prime / as could be seen prior to Grasso. Still awesome wins though for Grasso yeah.
No doubt just Grasso wasn’t even in the conversation of potential champ until recently, just like Strick I know, so I just am very impressed with her progression. Val definitely getting old, still would let her toss me around a little. As long as she doesn’t try to go all Izzy on me though 😱

Sean "Show me on the doll" Strickland.

1. Fight set up that is agreed upon beforehand as being for P4P #1 spot on Earth. You win.
2. Rematch the guy after you win. You win again, this time by violent finish
3. You don't become P4P #1
4. You don't win fighter of the year

Good for Sean I guess but sort of bullshit IMO with the goal post moving

Sherdog called it right / it is Islam
The things Islam has going against him is that Volk is smaller, the first fight was super close, and they pulled Alex off the couch on a week or two's notice for the second while Islam had had a full training camp.

Not opposed to it, but I'd have given it to Jones or Pereira. Moving up and winning a 2nd belt is big.

Especially in the heavier weight classes where the size differences are real, not just 10lbs.

Did DDP land anything? Looked more like he was trying to clinch while getting beat on.
He literally did not land a single punch while absorbing a dozen, and then the "takedown" is Sean falling off the chair he himself stood up on while DDP isn't even holding him.

Only on Sherdog could the very same people who complain every card for decades that takedowns are meaningless suddenly simultaneously say DDP won that fight.

(hint: the way to understand Sherdog scoring is who their favourite fighter is)

1. Fight set up that is agreed upon beforehand as being for P4P #1 spot on Earth. You win.
2. Rematch the guy after you win. You win again, this time by violent finish
3. You don't become P4P #1
4. You don't win fighter of the year

Good for Sean I guess but sort of bullshit IMO with the goal post moving

Sherdog called it right / it is Islam

Or, put another way. Winning 2 fights against the same guy from a weight class below you while not defending against anyone in your weight class does not get you fighter of the year.

Makes mma look low class ….CFL LEVEL

As a part owner of the Saskatchewan Roughriders, I take exception with your comment. Couldn't you have compared it to something like the WNBA? Trying to ruin my otherwise nice day ...

I’d give it to Grasso because she went unbeaten in two fights against Valentina but Islam beating Volk twice is impressive too with Volk being arguably the p4p champ before their fights.
Volk is coming from a lower weight class.

You can't give a lightweight fighter of the year for 2 wins against a 5ft2 featherweight, one of them being a 50/50 fight.

Back