• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sean O'malley is one of the most talented fighters i have ever seen why do people hate him?

It's because he styles on fighters who are not even top 20 caliber. If he would beat someone good I'm sure a lot more people would give him respect. I want to see him just rematch Chito and go up from there.

Because the only time he stepped up he got turned in to a bitch.

Because he could have had Ricky Simon this past week but instead chose a guy who no one heard of and he took almost 3rds to finish him.

Because his persona doesn't match what he's done thus far.

Time to stop coddling him and put him in with fighters who are going to bring out any type of greatness or expose a lack of greatness. shameful that he is paid more than burns and wonderboy both of whom have proven themselves and have fought for titles.

I respect his skills, but I hate his personality/gimmick. Rainbow hair, face tats, 420 weed bro blaze it up, speaks with a forced vocal fry, "i am undefeated" and everything else. He is a cringe little zoomer who wants people to hate him, so i will oblige him.

I don't care much about his personality,but he's hyped and pushed more than his real value is.The blueprint how to beat him is already there and the only good fighter that his fought already beat him.Guys who will pressure him and who know how to cut out the cage will have good chance of beating him

I think he's a great fighter.

Hook him up with Garbrandt when he gets healthy

He strikes like he is a life long striker, just a breathe fresh air to watch him fight. He isnt just swinging like a wild cavemen like most MMA fighters. He is one of the fighters that actually keeps me interested in the sport of MMA. I think he is one of the most talented fighters in the UFC. He just gives me prime Jon Jones vibes. Why dont people like him?

BlushingMessyLadybird-size_restricted.gif
UnacceptablePerfumedHamster-size_restricted.gif

Dana White has found a gem and he will be a future champion

Fighter Kevin Lee > Splenda Sean O’Malley

Any fighter that generates hype or attention, Sherdog will hate. Very simple. Seans a great talent that hasnt really hit his peak yet. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Is this an old post, or are you legit trolling? i mean, he is good, but not that good, he is "pads good", cause you know, pads dont hit back and everyone looks good, the moment some actually hit back he loses fights or gets taken out on a stretcher even on a win, they brought a regionals 9-4 FLW for him to KO and become viral, the opinion seems like he couldnt and he got sort of a gifted TKO with 23 seconds left, i mean yeah he was beating the breaks of that guy, but stoppage was kind of lame for both parties involved.

The biggest compliment you can give to a fighter who hasn't even really been tested is to hate him.

O'Malley has roped people into caring whether he wins or loses.

He's made it. He's made himself important, and made himself worth protecting and building.

Everyone saying he's no good or unproven or will get smashed is increasing his value.

Beautiful!

(PS - it's worth making yourself stand out)

Dude has legit skills. Its his personality that rubs me the wrong way. Like, he is a joy to watch, but he really needs to get the shit beat out of him just once.

He strikes like he is a life long striker, just a breathe fresh air to watch him fight. He isnt just swinging like a wild cavemen like most MMA fighters. He is one of the fighters that actually keeps me interested in the sport of MMA. I think he is one of the most talented fighters in the UFC. He just gives me prime Jon Jones vibes. Why dont people like him?

Great fighter to watch. I don't think the reason ppl hate him has anything to do with his fighting. It's hard to be truly hated for your fighting.

Ppl just can't stand his personality. Some guys are more likeable and relatable than others. That's more what governs love and hate. That's just life.

He is highly skilled on the feet, no doubt. Skill wise, he definitely has the potential to go right to the top. He’s a joy to watch in the cage.
However, durability/mentality may be an issue. He seems to get hurt a lot by mid level fighters, and he took his loss really badly, so probably not learned from it, which is concerning. If these are ongoing issues and not blips, then he’ll fall short against the best in the division more times than not

Because he is undefeated.

People hate that perfect greatness!

Every single time this thread is made for Anderson/Rashad/Izzy/Usman/Woodley there's always SOMEONE who cries racism. Let's see what your excuse is for a white guy.

People want him to step up in competition.

Dude has confidence and that's cool but how can you talk shit about top fighters when you're fighting weaker competition. Plus when he did get his first real challenge in Chito Vera he lost.

idk he looks like 6 9, has a polygamous relationship with his BM , is the poor mans version of doctahds stopapahgeuge; I mean whats not to love?

He get shit because he talks shit. It's good for him. I think it drives him. To what extent it will carry him is yet to be seen. But he gets what he gives vibe wise.

Back