Scott Coker: Jiri Prochazka ‘wouldn’t have done very well in Bellator’

“Listen, honestly, I wish him [Jiri Prochazka] luck. And I got nothing bad to say, he’s a good fighter. I’m sure he’ll do okay. But I think we would have had a very tough division for him. I mean, if he had come here, I don’t think he’d have done very well, fighting our top guys. You know, the Phil Davis’ of the world or the Ryan Baders of the world or even if Gegard [Mousasi] moved up to 205, and the list goes on and on.”

“I think he’d have a very hard time here. I think he’s okay, but he’s not gonna move the needle here in America. So you know, I wish him well and I was actually just doing a favor for RIZIN because they asked us, ‘can you please talk to him?’ and at first we were like, ‘we don’t need him’ you know? But he wanted to go to UFC and I always believe that fighters should go where they want to go. Please, knock yourself out.”

http://www.thescrap.co/scott-coker-...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Scott Cokers also said "Jiri is not the target for us because he is to young and inmature, therefore we have just signed Bigfoot Silva to rematch Fedor. Also we will make a senior grand prix including Chuck Liddell, Kazushi Sakuraba,Mark Hunt ,Gabriel Gonzaga,Pedro Rizzo,Josh Barnett.

*irony* but we never know about Bellators strategy.

It's true. He would have gotten grapplefucked by Davis and Bader.

Agree, I also think now that Nemkov is fighting smarter he'd beat Jiri in a rematch.

I believe Jiri will actually fare better against alot of top UFC 205'ers - Smith, Reyes, Walker, guys that will stand and trade with him.

Jiri is a superb fighter, he kicked CB Dollaway's ass. The guy would give Bader a hard time.

I think it's fair to say that Jiri could very well have lost to Bader and Davis, but even if he did who cares? He would've still been a decent get for Bellator when you consider virtually all of their divisions lack depth. Even if he fell into some middle-of-the-road gatekeeper position he would've still been useful. It is weird seeing Coker, who certainly has his flaws, badmouth a fighter.

UFC gets Bellator's rejects. Hmmph!

What?

To be honest, LHW right now is not as stacked in the UFC but that doesn't mean Jiri will have it easy. bellator besides Bader and Davis are not filled with dangerous opponents so Jiri would have a better record but, money talks. We'll see what happens.

Jiri will be top 5 in the ufc with ease I would favor him over everyone in the top 10 except jones and maybe Reyes

Oh Coker your hilarious.....You name your top two or three guys that he may not do well against. Yeah, I'm sure the UFC is sitting there thinking Jiri is going to crush Jones. No, you bring him in because he has showed some skill in the tune of like 25-3 or whatever and will add some new blood. Coker, you made a career for MVP by feeding him cans and your worried about how someone might do against a few guys, please.

Dude sounds sour as fuck. I feel like Jiri sees this quote and it makes him feel like he made the right choice even more.

Cooker is angry because Denisa wanted only 1 fight contract to take Bellator title and then sign with UFC thats all ..btw would love to ask Cooker why he didnt accept Rizins multiple offers on Denisa vs Bader in Bellator-Rizin nights

So he says he wouldn’t do well then mentions three former UFC fighters. Ok then.

i said it back in Januari and i will say it again now.

Coker is butthurt he couldnt sign Jiri and after his fight against Volkan its pretty obvious that Jiri could do very well for himself in Bellator. he has a win over the nr1 contender ( nemkov ) aswell.

Back