Scott Coker: Jiri Prochazka ‘wouldn’t have done very well in Bellator’

Koniradi98

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
“Listen, honestly, I wish him [Jiri Prochazka] luck. And I got nothing bad to say, he’s a good fighter. I’m sure he’ll do okay. But I think we would have had a very tough division for him. I mean, if he had come here, I don’t think he’d have done very well, fighting our top guys. You know, the Phil Davis’ of the world or the Ryan Baders of the world or even if Gegard [Mousasi] moved up to 205, and the list goes on and on.”

“I think he’d have a very hard time here. I think he’s okay, but he’s not gonna move the needle here in America. So you know, I wish him well and I was actually just doing a favor for RIZIN because they asked us, ‘can you please talk to him?’ and at first we were like, ‘we don’t need him’ you know? But he wanted to go to UFC and I always believe that fighters should go where they want to go. Please, knock yourself out.”

http://www.thescrap.co/scott-coker-...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Sounding like a dude who just got rejected by a girl is not a good look.

6UpKoLZ.png

LOL! But.........."we got top talent like Liz Carmush, and Kevin Lee's brother, sister's cousin who is 5-3!" Coker the clown show!

Everyone knows the UFC route is the easy route. The real competition is in Bellator.

I don't think he'll do well in UFC tbh. Bellator has Bader and Davis who will wrestle the hell out of him.

But Coker is right, they are looking for either established names or young fighters to build.

out of character for him. guess negotiations were testy. probably annoyed they had Bader wait to try and get the fight booked and then it fell through

out of character for him. guess negotiations were testy. probably annoyed they had Bader wait to try and get the fight booked and then it fell through
Yup that’s what I was thinking. There’s def some bad blood here. Coker never talks like this.

Salty as fuck. He wanted Jiri to fight Bader but Jiri went to the big show.

Wow, the pro of Scott is that he doesn't really do Dana talk like this. Very unlike him.

It's true. He would have gotten grapplefucked by Davis and Bader.

Everybody and their mothers know Coker tried to sign Jiri, Salty Coker is stuck signing 50 year old UFC wash outs

What is he even talking about? Anyone with anything resembling a name can do good in Bellator if they get the right "matchmaking".

He's burying him but I think everything he says is true. Fighting guys like Bader and Davis in a cage would have been a nightmare for Jiri.

On it being out of character for Coker: I wonder if he feels like he was supposed to help Jiri stick around and that this could affect his relationship with Rizin.

Coker sounds butthurt. Jiri would have been a very welcome addition for the division. He beat one of Bellator's biggest talent ( Nemkov ) and has the potentional to be a star in europe. Championship material? maybe not but i havent seen a single boring fight involving Jiri so far and that is exactly what Bellator needs at this point.

my interest in Bellator has never been as low as it is now and signings like Jiri could change that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DREDATORXXXXL
Back