Scissors takedown...

<embed src="http://www.expertvillage.com/evplayer.aspx?flv=advanced-sambo-ankle-submission" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="392"></embed>

didn't I make a thread like this last week? why the necromancy with this ancient one, lol?

nice vids steve, I guess that answers the question about it being legal in sombo

I hit it all the time, never broke anyone's leg with it...if you do it from a tie-up, it is basically the same as a rolling achilles or rolling knee-bar, but from a different angle, same principles apply.

As far as Joe Lauzon's question--I haven't ever competed in MMA, but I tapped a ADCC trials participant multiple times, sometimes with rolling leglocks. Might not have been a scissors, but I wasn't as good at the scissors-to-leglock back then.

totally legal

WOuld that takedown into leglock(or knee I am a judoka I don't know:icon_chee) be legal in judo? minus the leg/kneelock of course? Seems like a good plan be for an uchimata

funny thread some old tiemrs that still post, Art editing his posts as usual and a celeb visit from Joe Lauzon

YaehBee,

I am not crystal clear on Judo rules these days, but I believe that takedown is not legal...regardless of the leglock. It is a great plan B after an uchimata attempt.

i was already posting here in 2005 ? wow, time goes by fast...

I had forgotten I made that little HL

Back