• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News SCIENCE Confirms FEMALE Boxers Hit Harder Than MALE MMA Guys

I remember years ago seeing a show on Discovery or something where they measured punches from 43+ year old Lucia Rijker who was retired for years at the time vs a heavier 23 year old male olympic boxer.
The young man didn't come close to the "old womans" punching power.
So a female boxer hitting harder then a male MMA fighter seems logical.

Not surprising to me. Anybody who knows anything about boxing who became an MMA fan... it's obvious. All boxers do is focus on punches and punch form and punch strength... all day every day, and it's a more historic discpline, as in... training methods and things which they've learned works over time...

You can see a mile off most punchers in MMA can't punch for shit. Like, I wouldn't fancy getting hit by them still but I mean compared to pro boxers.

Was obvious to me that would be the case in the Floyd fight too. Even thought I bought into the McGregor story and character... I still knew his supposed 'power' would be 0 in boxing lol, which is what you saw; the punches had like absolutely no impact at all on Floyd. It surprised me that many in the MMA community and Conor himself didn't realise that though. Being actual fight pros.
That's due to the separation of boxing and mma over the years. Rivalry between the 2 sports and most don't cross train with each other. Pure boxing gyms are separate from mma gyms, and mostly elite level mma fighters train with other elite level mma fighters and elite level boxers train with other elite level boxers. A lot more cross train now, but that was the observation I've always noticed between the 2 sports. They were always separate from each other and the Conor vs Floyd fight was the first time the two sports communities were brought together for a fight/event of that magnitude.

TS,

Francis has the record on that machine and a fighter in a lower weight class (LHW - Johnny Walker) is a very close second.

Johnny Walker is a powerful guy, but has no KOs via punches, do you think he has the second heaviest hands in the UFC?

Nothing scientific about that machine.

They should hit each other and see who falls down.
For scientific reasons.

Danyelle Wolf who won US Nationals and recently signed with the UFC after winning her debut MMA match. During her fight week she along with numerous other Male MMA players were tested at the UFC performance institute. Shockingly she punched harder than all her male colleagues including the "heavy handed" Dustin Poirier who recently KTFO Conor Mcgregor. They even gave Poirier 15 attempts to match Danyelle's score and even then he struggled to match her raw power.

Honestly I'm shocked this was the case as Poirier looked pretty heavy handed for a MMA guy. That being said everyone who thought Ngannou would punch harder than Wilder must feel stupid now. I would bet that Beterbiev hits much much harder than feather fisted Ngannou.

5:30 in the linked video

I thought she said they tied?

Also she said she turned up initially in high heels, Poirier himself might have been drinking or something.

Nah in a real fight she is probably feather fisted, but her power generation through superior technique makes all the difference on a test. Most MMA players throw arm punches.
At first I thought this was a troll thread but this topic does show a great point. Technique is neglected by casuals and actual mma coaches when it comes to acknowledging how much it plays into power generation.

Even though Beterbiev has much better technique/force generation and the talent of boxing is 10x mma I doubt that can make up for structual advantages Francis has like longer levers (longer bones from head to toe to give better leverage), bigger hand/wrist/elbow/arm bones, potentially denser bones, and potentially stronger liagments and tendons from years of manual labor. I bet guys like Dmitry Kudryashov and other heavy hitters at Crusier hit harder or as hard. I highly doubt Francis has power comparable to the majority of world ranked heavyweight boxers.

I think Francis has all the tools to be an elite puncher on the highest stages of boxing if he had the years to refine his technique. Refining technique isn't a cake walk in my opinion people have limits on body coordination and how long it takes them to learn athletic movements.

Btw I saw Beterbiev at the Liacouras when he knocked out Gvozdyk. He's a beast I hope he ko's Bivol and Smith stiff.

Danyelle Wolf who won US Nationals and recently signed with the UFC after winning her debut MMA match. During her fight week she along with numerous other Male MMA players were tested at the UFC performance institute. Shockingly she punched harder than all her male colleagues including the "heavy handed" Dustin Poirier who recently KTFO Conor Mcgregor. They even gave Poirier 15 attempts to match Danyelle's score and even then he struggled to match her raw power.

Honestly I'm shocked this was the case as Poirier looked pretty heavy handed for a MMA guy. That being said everyone who thought Ngannou would punch harder than Wilder must feel stupid now. I would bet that Beterbiev hits much much harder than feather fisted Ngannou.

according to the same "since" Nngannou has recorded the hardest punch and the hardest uppercut ever
so you're the one who should feel stupid

I once went to a GLORY event in Moscow. There were some MMA fights and some kickboxing fights.
The difference in power between the MMA guys and the kickboxers is just insane. Every punch the kickboxers threw really made noise and could easily make a lot of damage.

MMA fighters hit like girls compared to the kickboxers.

Yes for sure there are MMA guys that hit hard, but obviously a professional high level boxer or kickboxer will always punch much harder.

Look how Canelo punch and compare it to the MMA guys of his weightclass.

Nah in a real fight she is probably feather fisted, but her power generation through superior technique makes all the difference on a test. Most MMA players throw arm punches.
What the f are you talking about? New to mma maybe

What the f are you talking about? New to mma maybe
MMA players haven't yet figured out how to put their entire body into punches. Most just throw their arms out and hope for a KO.

If she was lying someone would have said something. We can assume she is telling the truth.
I wasn't trying to imply that she was lying...

Just stating her storytelling abilities are good. Some people are better than others and I think she's mighty swell at it.

Also for eferance magician Chris Angel out punched a prime Rampage on a punching machine, now ask yourself, who would you rather take a punch from?
Are you fucking stupid?! He's a magician, he can embrace his fists with magic easily.
Prime Rsmpage had nothing on him just like science proved.

And yet he has 13 ko wins vs her 0 ko wins

Back