School shooter stopped by good guy with a gun, Dixon IL

Can't get on board with this . . . sorry. There is no way to enforce any of it without a registry.

What's wrong with a registry, or requiring a license for firearm use? Such measures are put in place for cars, how is a gun registry any different? What is the actual problem if you're going to use it for legal purposes?

f a teacher has a concealed carry license and can pass a basic test, why wouldn't we want them to carry at school? If it saves even one life, amiright?

Passing a range test and basic safety test or whatever it is you have to do to get a concealed carry isn't the same thing as being an effective agent in a school shooting scenario. Legally, the burden placed on an agent of the state is much higher than some joe-schmoe concealed carry citizen. If a teacher accidentally shoots a student for any reason, that school system is going to pay out millions and they just miserably failed one of their students.

If that teacher passes a strict vetting process and also wants to opt-in to a lot of extra training (and I do mean a lot, like cops are often under trained in this area as well, evidenced by the situation in Florida) then it could be an option. I just don't see it as a very realistic option at all.

My high school had security guards back in the late eighties because of the threat of gang violence.

This^^^.

A cop car circled the track at football games and the police swung by on Friday afternoon to pick up someone just about every week.

What's wrong with a registry, or requiring a license for firearm use? Such measures are put in place for cars, how is a gun registry any different? What is the actual problem if you're going to use it for legal purposes?

Registries have a very, very long history of abuse and the eventual outcome is usually confiscation.

Source?

HISTORY OF THE WORLD.

Actually impressed the cop didn't kill him.

I wonder, i hope psychiatrists are gathering info on these nutty kids so we get a good Netflix doc.

I am all for schools having dedicated SRO's. My high school here on Long Island had them put in place after Columbine. I do not however agree with some people thinking we should arm teachers

Registries have a very, very long history of abuse and the eventual outcome is usually confiscation.

The system of car tags and title registration we have in the United States hasn't lead to confiscation and I don't foresee that happening.

How does not having a registry prevent confiscation anyway?

The system of car tags and title registration we have in the United States hasn't lead to confiscation and I don't foresee that happening.

How does not having a registry prevent confiscation anyway?

1) Registration has led to vehicle confiscation. Land Rovers for example.

2) How many and what kind of guns do I currently own? You don't know. That' s how it prevents confiscation - You don't know. You could know through a FOIA though if they are registered. However. we have, in America, seen registration lead to "reclassification" and bans. Furthermore we have seen confiscations here in America - look up Katrina if you need an example.

It' not shit, it's common sense. If a teacher has a concealed carry license and can pass a basic test, why wouldn't we want them to carry at school? If it saves even one life, amiright?

Because i dont trust teachers with guns. Their job is to be competent in terms of teaching not using guns and keeping them safely in a classroom. LoL the fuck is wrong with people.

Because i dont trust teachers with guns. Their job is to be competent in terms of teaching not using guns and keeping them safely in a classroom. LoL the fuck is wrong with people.

They arent "teachers with guns" they are "concealed carry holders who happen to be teachers". Surely you understand the difference

You don't think a person can be competent in both, teaching and weapons?

Passing a range test and basic safety test or whatever it is you have to do to get a concealed carry isn't the same thing as being an effective agent in a school shooting scenario. Legally, the burden placed on an agent of the state is much higher than some joe-schmoe concealed carry citizen. If a teacher accidentally shoots a student for any reason, that school system is going to pay out millions and they just miserably failed one of their students.

If that teacher passes a strict vetting process and also wants to opt-in to a lot of extra training (and I do mean a lot, like cops are often under trained in this area as well, evidenced by the situation in Florida) then it could be an option. I just don't see it as a very realistic option at all.

It does nothing to stop school shootings. Registry is meant for confiscation. They're useless too unless the government is there the moment you die to take your guns

You don't think a person can be competent in both, teaching and weapons?

I dont want someone to have to be competent with both. We already have teachers abusing kids and have bad teaching practices. You want them to have guns too? How long before the concealed carry assholes shoots that trouble maker who always freaks out and yells at the teacher.

Damn dude. Most people I've known are capable of acquiring competency at more than just one thing in life. Take driving for example. I bet most teachers are able to both teach and operate a motor vehicle (which is far more complicated than learning to carry and when to use a firearm).

Damn dude. Most people I've known are capable of acquiring competency at more than just one thing in life. Take driving for example. I bet most teachers are able to both teach and operate a motor vehicle (which is far more complicated than learning to carry and when to use a firearm).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back