Media Schmo drops his gimmick

Always liked the Schmo. Played his character well, got under people's skin enough to eventually get recognized, created a new original brand and he gave us some good interviews in which the fighters seemed upbeat and were happy to open up to his character. That's all I need, I'll take to someone trying to do something different than settle for the Okamotos or Helwanis basic vanilla, company man styles.

If someone hated his character, I get it, he's a jerkoff and that was the point. Great story, I wouldn't give 3 craps about the guy if I didn't know he is the Schmo, good for him.

MMA fans can’t get enough content. That’s why a lot of you here post 10-20 times a day on this forum because you can’t stop reading MMA threads.

I don’t think UFC even puts out enough content on their YouTube page to be quite frank to keep up with thirsty MMA fans.

Hell, even I’m putting out content geared towards fans who are interested in MMA Betting. (Check my sig for link)

Got bored like 1 minute in. I'm guessing the gimmick is better. Probably same goes for Colby. If he drops his gimmick he'll be some generic fighter, more generic than Usman.

Good for him for getting tired of that lame unfunny shtick right away and not having to do this shit for the next 35 years

what a pathetic sport we follow, where being annoying or an instigating weasel is the only way to become a reporter for it

I actually loved the Schmo character. This Dave guy is lame.

unless they drop some clothes im not interested in seeing either of them

/shrugs

The gimmick was lame, and actually detracted from the work he was going. I watched one of these character interviews and I was done.
No hard feelings though. I hope that he does well for himself going forward.

Why compromise on the gimmick in this way, especially on something with an over saturated market such as a podcast. You're either all in or you're not, massive misstep in my opinion.

The gimmick was lame, and actually detracted from the work he was going. I watched one of these character interviews and I was done.
No hard feelings though. I hope that he does well for himself going forward.
Same.

When he started doing it at the press conference I was like ok,we've gone full circus mode.

Why compromise on the gimmick in this way, especially on something with an over saturated market such as a podcast. You're either all in or you're not, massive misstep in my opinion.
Fuck off haha I'm tired of that retard gimmick

That's that. End of an era. I stopped caring about 5 months ago but happy for his success.

Would be hard to keep the gimmick up for an hour. Looks super different without his glasses. Reminds me of Tommy Toe Holds podcasts. He drops the gimmick with his co host too. Bushido talk.
https://soundcloud.com/bushidotalk
Doesn't really upload much. The podcast went down hill after John Hackleman left.

Guy's smart.

Happy for him.

I guess dropping the gimmick briefly is better then never dropping the gimmick. I still can't watch his gimmick for more then a few minutes though.

Im thinking of a gimmick. But its more like this...
tropic-thunder-blackface.png
trying to get my black voice just right

Back