Schaub/Florian: Zuffa has given non-champs 7 figure bonuses

Nick Diaz may be one of them, imo. Regardless as to how people feel about him, he's a pretty big draw

2k a month = $24,000 a year. It's food stamp money for a family.

If the UFC doesn't want to pay that then they shouldn't put them on the roster.

And the lowest purses in the UFC are $10k/10k now. So if a fighter fights and wins two fights, he's making 40k--more than what you're suggesting. Why isn't that fair?

The prize fight days are over. It's not 1995. This is supposed to be a sport now. UFC fighters aren't boxers either. There is a big difference. Technically the fighters are employees due to the control the UFC now has over them (especially after the Reebok deal) but there are many loopholes in the US law which allows this sort of exploitation.

It falls under prize fighting for Athletic commissions. Deal with it.

They are fighting for a prize.

They sign on the dotted line for a certain amount to fight.

No one holds a gun to their head and makes them sign.

If they don't like the pay, find a new profession.

schaub also tells a story about being in the locker room with carwin after he lost to brock. they were all devastated and carwin was lying on the floor. dana literally dropped a cheque on carwins chest. schaub said the amount was shocking and they were blown away

i also remember an interview with marcus davis were he breaks down and starts crying about how the ufc changed his life. he bought a house and put his kids in private school. davis was never a contender. he was an exciting fighter that earned bonuses

the truth is, the ufc has like 5 or 600 fighters. only like 50 or so have any sort of drawing power. those fighters make a bulk of the money and the bottom guys are being subsidized. its an investment. people are crying about guys on the undercard making 10k. you realize that the pga tour makes 2 billion in revenue annually with less expenses than the ufc and the pga tour has 125 golfers on tour. if you dont make the top 125 each year, youre out. see ya

individual pro sports are ruthless. you want a safe and stable job then go be an accountant or even a firefighter. just because you decide you want to fight or play golf for a living doesnt mean your entitled to be compensated well for anything less than absolute greatness

lol @ the PGA having less expenses than the UFC. You're an idiot if you believe that

Yep
Plus, every fighter I spoke to that is trying to get in UFC is dying to show them their skills & get 10+10k & have medical covered.
They get that it is an opportunity to prove themselves while making 5x more than Bellator offers.
The middling fighters are where the complaints come from (mostly) IMO & i can see that!

I would like to see them throw Jason Thacker some serious cash. Maybe 100k.
It would equal 1 mill in good PR for them

I would like to see them throw Jason Thacker some serious cash. Maybe 100k.
It would equal 1 mill in good PR for them

100k?! Are you fucking serious you goof?! You're gonna ask Dana fucking White to not give up two rounds of craps over a 24-hour period?! You goof!

Right. Moody's (the best anyone can hope for a legit estimate) says UFC makes around $500 million a year. Add up all the payouts and tell me it's 20-40% something.

And yes, they have given six-figure and seven-figure bonuses at certain times in UFC history, but I highly doubt it's something that happens very often. More like something they do to defend fighter pay with stories about seven-figure bonuses. I think most of them were probably signing bonuses, like with Overeem. That might be the one they are referencing.

They make $500M/yr at best only half of that is profit.

Profit is where the fighter pay comes from...

So at best they have 200-300M/yr to split between fighters, pay down debts, invest in growth, and non-fighter staff bonuses.

lol @ the PGA having less expenses than the UFC. You're an idiot if you believe that

oh please do elaborate

how much does the pga spend renting venues?

how much does the pga spend on event staff? (pro tip: volunteers)

how much does the pga tour spend on ppv cut with cable providers? (pro tip: $0)

how much does the pga tour spend on pruducing tv content? (pro tip: $0)

start with $ wise then translate that to % of revenue

go

oh please do elaborate

how much does the pga spend renting venues?

how much does the pga spend on event staff? (pro tip: volunteers)

how much does the pga tour spend on ppv cut with cable providers? (pro tip: $0)

how much does the pga tour spend on pruducing tv content? (pro tip: $0)

start with $ wise then translate that to % of revenue

go

Actually the volunteer staff pays to work for free sometimes lol

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/golf...e-pga-championship-b99556213z1-321841001.html

No way they're giving million dollars or more to non champs. Schaub must be mixing up 7 and 6. Dat brain trauma.

Big Ben took his soul too. And damn people listen to that Jon Anus Podcast. Huge if true.

lol

golly gee do you think calling me an idiot might be a bit strong?

what fucking dickhead

Since you seem to know about PGA
1. Do they rent the courses or get them for free due to the insane exposure?
2. Do they cover all the golfers flights, hotels & expenses?

A good chance, lol. There's a good chance Anderson Silva made 15 million but I can't prove it, just trust me. ]

Unless Rory comes out and tells us he got a 500k bonus, I won't believe it.

Since you seem to know about PGA
1. Do they rent the courses or get them for free due to the insane exposure?
2. Do they cover all the golfers flights, hotels & expenses?

last time i checked golfers pay their own expenses. i think when golfers arrive in a new city they get a car (from sponsors) but they choose where they stay and how they get there

theres golfers that dont like to fly and get one of those luxury buses modified in to a home on wheels. john daley famously had one of those. cerrone has one i think

basically any guy on the pga tour can get a sponsorship deal that covers their expenses (logos on clothing and bags) that will cover their travel expenses. the tour isnt involved in this

the ufc on the other hand......

damn im such an idiot. where did that bro go?

I'm sure it happens on occasion. Brock, Connor, Sonnen, Anderson would make sense.

Does nobody else find it unbelievable that the UFC is still allowed to not disclose actual pay? Does any other sports organization do that? It seems insane.

Does nobody else find it unbelievable that the UFC is still allowed to not disclose actual pay? Does any other sports organization do that? It seems insane.

why does it seem insane? with social media anyone can ask a fighter directly how much they make. or the fighter can just broadcast their pay and any bonuses

its not like this is some sort of ufc conspiracy to cover up fighters pay. fighters also choose not to disclose their own pay. i bet most of sherdog will choose not to disclose their own pay

how is this important/insane and why?

Spoken like a true UFC shill.
yes fighters are starting to realize that. they got caught up with the reebok deal and some are starting to ride their contracts for better negotiating chips....but we all know you shilltards will just say "that's because the ufc don't want them scraps..."

Back