Schaub/Florian: Zuffa has given non-champs 7 figure bonuses

DGT4NOW

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
From Meltzers Newsletter:
There was an interesting conversation with Kenny Florian, Jon Anik and Brendan Schaub about UFC fighter pay on the podcast that Florian and Anik do. Florian brought up that nobody knows how much fighters get paid because of bonuses. The subject of Rory MacDonald came up and his listed pay was $59,000 for that war with Robbie Lawler. Florian, who is friends with MacDonald, said that he guaranteed MacDonald was happy with what he earned, and Anik said there was a good chance MacDonald got a $500,000 bonus. Anik said he believes more than 25% of total revenue goes to fighters, and he thought maybe it

none of these %'s mean anything unless we know if people are talking about revenue or profit. 7% of revenue and 30% of profit could very well be the same number.

These numbers also vary greatly from ppv to ppv....a 2 title fight ppv is potentially giving 4 fighters ppv points. that's a much large bill for the UFC than if there is only 1 title fight.

Basically all conversations about this are pointless because everyone is just guessing.

Last edited:
was schaub talking about 1 event are all the fights in general?

That probably does happen on occasion. I'm sure mcgregor got a big bonus, for instance. Doesn't mean it happens often

was schaub talking about 1 event are all the fights in general?

Seems like a general statement about over-all
It is certainly more than 7%
Meltzer said (on a podcast awhile ago) that events he knows of were 20-40(something) %

That probably does happen on occasion. I'm sure mcgregor got a big bonus, for instance. Doesn't mean it happens often

Of course
They are not giving over a million to Mighty Mouse opponents, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Right. Moody's (the best anyone can hope for a legit estimate) says UFC makes around $500 million a year. Add up all the payouts and tell me it's 20-40% something.

And yes, they have given six-figure and seven-figure bonuses at certain times in UFC history, but I highly doubt it's something that happens very often. More like something they do to defend fighter pay with stories about seven-figure bonuses. I think most of them were probably signing bonuses, like with Overeem. That might be the one they are referencing.

Wut? 7 figures? As in at least a million? To a non champion? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that one. 5-6 figures for a great fight I'd understand, 7 figures is pure bullshit.

Wut? 7 figures? As in at least a million? To a non champion? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that one. 5-6 figures for a great fight I'd understand, 7 figures is pure bullshit.

So now a guy that blast UFC ever chance he gets & is a hero around here (Schaub) is lying because admitted something positive towards Zuffa?

Ah, Sherdog at its best lol

No way they're giving million dollars or more to non champs. Schaub must be mixing up 7 and 6. Dat brain trauma.

you know what they say about most statistics and percentages ts, 7 figure bonuses are pretty cool tho

If you don't think Conor got a 7 figure bonus for fighting Siver you are crazy

So now a guy that blast UFC ever chance he gets & is a hero around here (Schaub) is lying because admitted something positive towards Zuffa?

you're going to get a lot of that in this thread

Schaub has probably had a talking to from Dana Baldfather. Now he's trying to get back in the UFC's good graces by praising them for these supposed bonuses. Lucky for them they are undisclosed so there's no way to verify them.

No way they're giving million dollars or more to non champs. Schaub must be mixing up 7 and 6. Dat brain trauma.

fighters like Nog, Mirko, chuck lidell, brock and Bj penn might have.

That's the way it is around here. You say something negative about the UFC and your word is take as gospel. The minute you say something positive. Your a fucking shill.

Anyone who thought Schaubs 7% number made any sense: lose my number!

If we are talking cumulative salary(pay+ sponsor pay+ fotn/potn bonus+ backstage bonus+ ppv bonus) then I'd buy the number. But, that's Championship pay. Lesnar was making that kinda dough when he was the HW champion.

In your opinion, which non-champion fighter and in which particular fight, would be deserving of a million dollar back room bonus? I really want to know. No sarcasm.

If we are talking cumulative salary(pay+ sponsor pay+ fotn/potn bonus+ backstage bonus+ ppv bonus) then I'd buy the number. But, that's Championship pay. Lesnar was making that kinda dough when he was the HW champion.

In your opinion, which non-champion fighter and in which particular fight, would be deserving of a million dollar back room bonus? I really want to know. No sarcasm.

Conor's last fight in Boston

Connor vs Siver is a good guess.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back