Scammed

I was kind of giving my house a face lift ; new tiles, new paint, just aesthetic stuff and I was drinking pretty heavily. I sat down to watch some TV and saw the commercials for the Point 'n Paint. It looked like it could actually save me some time, so I bought the main kit along with all the extras for about $100. While it "worked" it was pretty much junk that I could have bought at Harbor Freight for about $5.

someone in a facebook group scammed me out of $15. I couldnt believe it,they spent hours talking to me and bullshitting to steal..............................$15............................

I even straight up told them, if you needed money THAT badly I would have just given you a few bucks. Its really pathetic to go through that much effort to steal that little money. They were seeing my messages but didnt have the fuckin backbone to respond. So for like two weeks straight I would send them a message letting them know how utterly pathetic and slimy they were and they would keep seeing them
What was their approach?

This is good stuff for some of the younger guys..had someone told me about the WIN A FREE TRIP scam when it was younger, I’d be $300 richer today...LOl

What was their approach?

I'm embarrassed to admit this but I actually believed a stranger was doing a favor/cool deed and giving me the leftovers of their stash they were trying to sell, and all I had to pay was shipping in handling. This was a person that had been in the FB group for over a year and constantly tried to get me to buy from them and they said they were having a "going out of business" sale I passed for the longest time but finally they were like "I only have x, X, and X left. I was gonna sell it for X dollars but I'm tired of messing with it, if you can just pay the shipping and handling its yours, I'm ready to be done with it"

Bought tickets to a local metal show off their Facebook page that turned out to be fake. They were like 30 bucks each, I sent a message out on the page figuring I’d buy someone’s ticket who didn’t need it anymore (show was sold out). Transferred the money then they blocked me.

There was quite a bit of back and forth, they sent me photos of fake ticket receipts and everything, they earned my money ha ha

bought an old hard-to-find part for my 1990 500SL Mercedes-Benz convertible from Germany...package never showed up

Back