1. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »

Scammed

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by genecop, Jun 29, 2020.

1. 0_o Green Felt Belt Yellow Card

@Kaboom

2. usmctanker242 Red Belt

I was kind of giving my house a face lift ; new tiles, new paint, just aesthetic stuff and I was drinking pretty heavily. I sat down to watch some TV and saw the commercials for the Point 'n Paint. It looked like it could actually save me some time, so I bought the main kit along with all the extras for about $100. While it "worked" it was pretty much junk that I could have bought at Harbor Freight for about $5.

genecop likes this.
  3. rearnakedchoke Suck it!

They are if you believe they are!!!!

4. D Train Gold Belt

What was their approach?

5. genecop Gold Belt

This is good stuff for some of the younger guys..had someone told me about the WIN A FREE TRIP scam when it was younger, I’d be $300 richer today...LOl

6. lowlife Swangin and Bangin

Haha I bought a bag of that shit before I knew what it was, because it was on sale. I drove an hour to get it too, was so damn disappointed.

BigGucciSosa and genecop like this.
  7. IloveTHIS Humble Narcissist

I'm embarrassed to admit this but I actually believed a stranger was doing a favor/cool deed and giving me the leftovers of their stash they were trying to sell, and all I had to pay was shipping in handling. This was a person that had been in the FB group for over a year and constantly tried to get me to buy from them and they said they were having a "going out of business" sale I passed for the longest time but finally they were like "I only have x, X, and X left. I was gonna sell it for X dollars but I'm tired of messing with it, if you can just pay the shipping and handling its yours, I'm ready to be done with it"

D Train and genecop like this.
  8. Post 2 Decision Silver Belt

Tom-boys are girls and they don't even have lady in the name wtf

rearnakedchoke likes this.
  9. TankAbbott4Eva Silver Belt

Bought tickets to a local metal show off their Facebook page that turned out to be fake. They were like 30 bucks each, I sent a message out on the page figuring I’d buy someone’s ticket who didn’t need it anymore (show was sold out). Transferred the money then they blocked me.

There was quite a bit of back and forth, they sent me photos of fake ticket receipts and everything, they earned my money ha ha

genecop likes this.
  10. Big Brain you poor fools Double Yellow Card

bought an old hard-to-find part for my 1990 500SL Mercedes-Benz convertible from Germany...package never showed up

genecop likes this.