SBBC:The Vontaze Burfict "finna to change" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conors going to hit some angles..blast nate with lefts and rights..i see it ending with an uppercut ala brimage

Does Nate Diaz even fight at 170? Dude is not some giant fighter. He's skinny as shit.

No he doesn't... he has but he can't realistically fight there because of his lack of wrestling. But Nate is quite a bit larger than Conor, and he can be hell on his feet. He embarrassed Cerrone and Michael Johnson standing and he's got quite a chin... he's only lost due to TKO once in his career.

This is a tougher fight for Conor than people think AND there's no upside for Conor here unless he blasts through Nate inside 2 minutes. Giving up height, weight and reach in the process.

Conors going to be stronger, faster, and pack more power

Wait until you see these guys square off today... that size difference will be clear.

It's going to mirror Diaz vs. Thomson pretty closely, I think.

I feel like it's a much easier fight for Conor than the RDA fight was. RDA could match Conor's speed, size, strength, power, etc. Diaz doesn't really have any of those attributes.

didn't know chimp was this much of a cannor fanboy.

I feel like it's a much easier fight for Conor than the RDA fight was. RDA could match Conor's speed, size, strength, power, etc. Diaz doesn't really have any of those attributes.

Sure... it's easier. But the RDA fight was no walk in the park. And I imagine that Nate Diaz at 155 would be quite a bit more favorable for Conor as well... but this is at 170... every single pound north of 155 is advantageous for Diaz.

Diaz should have great cardio with no cut as well.

Same goes for connor too, shit. Getting stoked for this

Its not hard to tell if you actually watch how they fight

Nate relies on his opponents standing in front of him so he can volume punch them away..when they do that, hes really good

Conor is not that type however

Nate has great bjj but next to no takedowns... he has trips and hip tosses, but i dont see him being able to get close

Connor isnt some mythical being, diaz got guida down more than once. He can close the distance he has the longer reach

Connor isnt some mythical being, diaz got guida down more than once. He can close the distance he has the longer reach
Only a 2 inch reach advantage

Guide has sherklike reach and had no hands

Think theyll be pretty close in size. Connor is like an inch shirter and pretty lanky himself

That's all good chimp... and I favor Conor to win. The thing is I don't have much to base that on other than the huge amount of momentum Conor is riding. Sure Conor is the more diverse striker, will be faster and still has significant power. But there are a lot of unknowns, Nate is a unique fighter and striker, he's durable, has a gas tank and won't succumb to being bullied, in fact he's likely to get the better of in cage antics. Conor will have to utilize his movement and hope his power translates to a higher weight class... because he will be at a disadvantage on the ground and in the clinch and doesn't want to stand and trade shots with Diaz.

Conor should be able to do it... but this fight poses some real issues for him, and the longer the fight goes the worse it is for Conor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back