• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SBBC: Our Place in the Universe

• Thread starter Deleted member 484047
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still stand by the fact that we treat visitors better than we treat our own police horses

Fair enough, and the hand drawn noodle place you sent me to was legit. BTW - was it closed down by the health dept as well?

Fair enough, and the hand drawn noodle place you sent me to was legit. BTW - was it closed down by the health dept as well?

It's hard to shut down places in Chinatown.

The only reason they shut the one down was because a group of 20 lawyers claimed they got sick.

Now they just won't serve lawyers.

anyone have good way to explain death to young kids?

my 4 year old kid's kindergarten teacher "retired" at Christmas time, and left the school so he had a new teacher

then yesterday they announced that she passed away from her battle with cancer to the whole school and sent a note home to the parents

she basically was fighting cancer since the start of the school year while watching over 20 kindergartners

my older son had her last year as well

She died. I'll die some day. So will mom. So will you. And a hundred years after we all die, none of us will be remembered. So go enjoy life, knowing in the long run odds are nothing we do really matters.

my 4 year old kid's kindergarten teacher "retired" at Christmas time, and left the school so he had a new teacher

then yesterday they announced that she passed away from her battle with cancer to the whole school and sent a note home to the parents

she basically was fighting cancer since the start of the school year while watching over 20 kindergartners

Circle of Life, from the Lion King?

If you're religious you could go with the "better place up there", or dharma, or whatever thing your religion has made up.

She died. I'll die some day. So will mom. So will you. And a hundred years after we all die, none of us will be remembered. So go enjoy life, knowing in the long run odds are nothing we do really matters.

And after this speech hand her some cyanide.

I need a nice fat joint, cigar, steak, and fucking bourbon

i feel you man
my kid is starting to ask about my Grandfather, who he met quite a few times but only as a 1-2 year old

now every once in a while my kid says 'daddy I don't want you to die too'

My kids have been to 3 funerals. A distant uncle and 2 out of 4 grandparents. So this one thing I have crossed off on my list of "shit to deal with".

My nephew brought up death once...at 5 years old...he got all anxious about dying

Told him dont worry bub...your generation will probably find the fountain of youth

We live in a violent household...we discuss crushing your enemies, to seeing them driven before you, and to hearing the lamentations of their women every night at the dinner table. Now that it's summertime and schools out, this place has turned into a post-apocalyptic wasteland where just surviving another 24 hours is considered a good day. No time for feelings and reminiscing when you gotta keep your head on a swivel.

Gunther can tell his kid that his grand pa has gone to a better place.

Based on living in 29 Hells, it ain't a lie.

A dozen or so security forces Airman got strung up in a LSD/Cocain drug ring in Wyoming at F.E Warren Air Force base (nuke base). Another black eye lol

What a time to be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back