• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which Robbery is your favourite?

Not a robbery. The right fighter won…

Condit had a nice sequence at the end of the 4th round, but not the 5th, that was mostly Robbie.

No, he WAS trying to finish Robbie in the 5th and had a lot of momentum. Rewatch the fifth round. Robbie didn't start firing back until 3 and a half minutes into a 5th round that he was badly losing. Before then Condit was pressuring nonstop and trying to break Robbie but then of course Robbie had his legendary second wind which stole the round.

In fact Condit had more significant strikes in every round including the 5th.

Machida vs Shogun I guess

I think Shogun had it 4 - 1 but I thought three of those rounds were competitive, so I didnt think it was that bad of a robbery.,

This was the first one that came to mind too. I still can't understand what fight the judges saw.

Diego Sanchez over Ross Pearson was the most utterly preposterous decision maybe of all time .
It’s so bad its actually comical

And this was the second, lmao. This was the rock 'em sock 'em robots one yeah? The one where Sanchez was trying to run down Pearson with one-two combos and got countered after each combo he threw with jabs. Fuck that was funny. Say what you want about Diego nowadays, but damn that dude had a chin.

Lawler/Condit is one of my fav only cause the guy that went for it won while Condit was point fighting. I didn't think Lawler would get the decision.

I never saw this fight as a robbery, nor Jones/Reyes or GSP/Hendricks. Those were close fights, the "L" just went to the guy you wanted to win. Not really robberies (imo).

I actually agreed with GSP getting the D vs Hendricks but man was it great to see Hendricks and his fans cry about it. Hendricks was such an unlikeable whiner that I enjoyed every minute of trainwreck that was his career in the USADA era.

Sanchez vs Kampmann. Diego was crazy as hell, but so damn entertaining.

diegosanchezvictorypose.jpg

Last edited:
Bisping was 10 seconds away from winning, the knock down at the buzzer sealed it pretty clearly 2-1.
I'd have to rewatch it, but I remember thinking Bisping might have been up 2 rounds still. Regardless, I'm happy Wanderlei won 😂

Bisping vs Rashad. I remember it looking like Bisping edged it out, but I was happy he lost because he got gifted the decision against Hamill.

Maybe yan o malley? I like yan and I’ll always count that as a win but o malley is a fun champ and having him at the top is very exciting
As a Yan fan I didn't like the decision at all but it was a hell of a fight, violent and very high level, so in that sense it might be my favorite fight that ended in a robbery.

Machida vs Shogun I guess

I think Shogun had it 4 - 1 but I thought three of those rounds were competitive, so I didnt think it was that bad of a robbery.,
This is the only robbery I’ve ever 100% agreed with. I can still remember how flabbergasted we all were watching this in my parents basement and how that decision just ruined an otherwise great night.

But the decision was so bad we got the rematch and 1st round KO so it’s very fitting for this.

Reactions: HHJ
I'm annoyed at every robbery. Not sure I can think of one I like

This is the only robbery I’ve ever 100% agreed with. I can still remember how flabbergasted we all were watching this in my parents basement and how that decision just ruined an otherwise great night.

But the decision was so bad we got the rematch and 1st round KO so it’s very fitting for this.
I mean it didn't ruin my night cos I wanted Machida to win. I just didn't think he did.

Maybe I'm biased but to this day I still don't get how Bisping beat Matt hamil. The hometown advantage meme lives on because of fights like this

Back