SBBC : JAY CUTLER EDITION

Is Cutler the GOAT?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please go watch that again.

Rockhold won, it wasn't 50-45 as one scorecard had it, but he certainly won.
Not a chance he won. I've watched that fight at least a half dozen times. Jacare whupped that ass.

wasn't Casper Van Diem's character's name in Starship Troopers, Juan Rico?

even including co-ed showers and alien bug monsters, that might be the most unrealistic point of the plot haha

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/09/rockhold-vs-jacare-official-fightmetric.html

Not that this is the end all be all. But I mean, outside of Jacare takedowns, that resulted in nothing... ???

At the very least, it's not the WORST decision ever. I honestly felt Rockhold won.
The only fight I've rewatched more was Shogun/Hendo I (because I show it to noobs who ask me about MMA ever since then). To me it was horrendous. I didn't care about Jacare and barely knew who Rockhold was at the time, but I was so pissed at the blatant corruption, I rewatch it any time a terrible decision comes out to remind myself how bad it can be.

Every single time I've watched it, 49-46 Jacare is the only score I can come up with. I've even tried to look for what the judges could have seen. I still don't know. And yeah, 50-45 made the corruption just WAY too obvious.

lol, I don't cater to the illiterate.

Go fuck your moms, how bout dat?

You better settle down Mr Luminaire. We need the dwndrotes to teem from your tangible existence. If you fractionate your fellow sapien it ruins the flavors that we must all taste.

Don't overdo yourself my tight flesh...

even including co-ed showers and alien bug monsters, that might be the most unrealistic point of the plot haha

I just remember the ticket person looking at my mom and saying "Are you sure about this? You know it's a rated R movie right?"

And my mom said and I quote, "It's not anything he hasn't already seen before"

lmao, which is true because I have 3 older brothers, 2 of which lived with us off an on and they are 9 and 11 years older than me.

I went thru a lot of torture during those years.

It was made for TV, in the 80's, of course it was terrible.

Also Stephen King is the most overrated author in history. If Kubrick hadn't turned The Shining into one of the GOAT horror movies, no one would put up with his rushed, lazy bullshit. Don't get me wrong, within the vast quantity of his writing, there is quality to be found, but most of his stuff is meh at best.

stand by me is one of my favourite movie

never read "the body" novella from which it's based on though

Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile are great as well, from what I've heard the Dark Tower books are also great.

I've always preferred the non horror adaptions of King's stuff.

Please go watch that again.

Rockhold won, it wasn't 50-45 as one scorecard had it, but he certainly won.

hhn.gif

Watching it live I thought Rockhold won, never re-watched it tho because it wasn't worth re-watching.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/09/rockhold-vs-jacare-official-fightmetric.html

Not that this is the end all be all. But I mean, outside of Jacare takedowns, that resulted in nothing... ???

At the very least, it's not the WORST decision ever. I honestly felt Rockhold won.
I just rewated again for kicks. LMAO at those numbers. Only way to claim Luke outstruck him like that is to pretend that his high kicks weren't all getting blocked, but they were. Jacare seriously hurt him in the first 2 rounds, Rockhold did not return that fire. Jacare controlled almost every moment against the cage and on the ground (where half the fight took place). He hurt Luke standing. This isn't even close. Plus Rockhold landed low blows repeatedly. The only round I thought Luke won was the 3rd when he kicked Jacare square in the nuts and it took him a few minutes to recover. 4 was close, but Jacare hurt him again with elbows against the cage. Even if you give that to Luke, 1,2, and 5 are all clearly Jacare.

The most unbearable part is the commentating. Jacare makes Rockhold's legs wobble, they talk about Rockhold's recovery and smarts. Jacare blocks kick after kick 'look at these beautiful kicks!'. This fight was in the books before it ever started. They're just lucky Jacare didn't finish him. LMAO. "The crowd starting to rally behind Rockhold!" Never mind it was his hometown and they were clearly in his corner from the start, but no, it must be because he finally landed one shot that made Jacare's head snap back, even though Jacare did that to him over a dozen times. Awful, just awful. Everything of significance was on Jacare's side. Rockhold's only advantage was spamming low kicks that landed and high kicks that didn't.

I've only been appalled at 2 decisions in MMA, Bisping/Hamill and Garcia/Korean Zombie

"Robbery" gets thrown around way too much in mma and boxing.

I just rewated again for kicks. LMAO at those numbers. Only way to claim Luke outstruck him like that is to pretend that his high kicks weren't all getting blocked, but they were. Jacare seriously hurt him in the first 2 rounds, Rockhold did not return that fire. Jacare controlled almost every moment against the cage and on the ground (where half the fight took place). He hurt Luke standing. This isn't even close. Plus Rockhold landed low blows repeatedly. The only round I thought Luke won was the 3rd when he kicked Jacare square in the nuts and it took him a few minutes to recover. 4 was close, but Jacare hurt him again with elbows against the cage. Even if you give that to Luke, 1,2, and 5 are all clearly Jacare.

The most unbearable part is the commentating. Jacare makes Rockhold's legs wobble, they talk about Rockhold's recovery and smarts. Jacare blocks kick after kick 'look at these beautiful kicks!'. This fight was in the books before it ever started. They're just lucky Jacare didn't finish him. LMAO. "The crowd starting to rally behind Rockhold!" Never mind it was his hometown and they were clearly in his corner from the start, but no, it must be because he finally landed one shot that made Jacare's head snap back, even though Jacare did that to him over a dozen times. Awful, just awful. Everything of significance was on Jacare's side. Rockhold's only advantage was spamming low kicks that landed and high kicks that didn't.

Don't forget his double pirouette body kicks that didn't even seem to really phase Jacare, but made the crowd go wild

I've only been appalled at 2 decisions in MMA, Bisping/Hamill and Garcia/Korean Zombie

"Robbery" gets thrown around way too much in mma and boxing.
Yeah those were both really bad. I generally agree that 'robbery' is vastly overused, but for some reason this fight (between 2 guys I didn't give 2 shits about at the time) has always stuck with me, because I thought it was just too blatant.

stand by me is one of my favourite movie

never read "the body" novella from which it's based on though

Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile are great as well, from what I've heard the Dark Tower books are also great.

I've always preferred the non horror adaptions of King's stuff.

His short stories/novellas are generally better. The Dark Tower is his big passion work. I have nothing to substantiate this, but I feel like he does better with these because he doesn't get bored writing them. The shorter works, because he's done them so quickly and the Dark Tower novels because he considers them his greatest works. But again, that's just my theory.

To be clear again, I still read at least half of what he comes out with because he does have some really cool stuff mixed in with the stuff he just puts out to get paid on. Also, he's a good writer. His descriptions are excellent and his prose is well crafted. It's just most of his novels fall apart as they're going along, which is why I think he gets bored mid-project.

Would Misery be considered a horror movie? I also like Firestarter

Anybody ever watch The Stand? That's a pretty ridiculous way to spend ~6 hours

Lol. I remember when you would go to the movies pre-internet and didnt know what you were getting yourself into. Never had that experience though.
Lol I went to see American Psycho with my aunt when I was like 12-13. She was cool but it was awkward as fuuuck

Would Misery be considered a horror movie? I also like Firestarter
Yeah, Misery was from the horror genre. Oh man, you think that scene where she breaks his ankles in the movie is bad... whoa. But that's also one of his better works, imo. I didn't really care for Firestarter the book or movie, but it's been so long since I read/watched them I couldn't say why now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back