SBBC: Free Angus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuition has also skyrocketed recently (mid 2000s on when the FED took over issuing student loans) so they went back when it was more affordable

Also, many elite private schools have a large enough endowment to offer a surprisingly high amount of Financial Aid. Stanford, for example, has a full 50% of their students on Institutional Grants and Scholarships, compared to only 14% on Pell Grants, and a mere 8% on student loan aid....

for Yale, those numbers are 51/16/9
https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?q=yale&s=all&id=130794#finaid

I get it but these guys all went to school when tuition was cheap. They're not recent grads.

So, completely ignore the joke being made and veer the discussion to wherever you want to take it?

Edit- i dont care about the topic, so continue on. Just thought it was funny

Tuition has also skyrocketed recently (mid 2000s on when the FED took over issuing student loans) so they went back when it was more affordable

Also, many elite private schools have a large enough endowment to offer a surprisingly high amount of Financial Aid. Stanford, for example, has a full 50% of their students on Institutional Grants and Scholarships, compared to only 14% on Pell Grants, and a mere 8% on student loan aid....

for Yale, those numbers are 51/16/9
https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?q=yale&s=all&id=130794#finaid

Good point. Elite school have huge endowments and tuition reduction opportunities. The last time I checked Stanford's tuition scale for my daughter, you only pay full price if household income is >$180,000. At $120,000 it was 50% of full rate.

Harvard used be $0 for tuition if your family income was <= $60,000.

The places that gouge you are these middling schools like UColorado. Max tuition and virtually no breaks. As it turns out Harvard has cheaper tuition than places like U$C or UColorado.

So, completely ignore the joke being made and veer the discussion to wherever you want to take it?

Edit- i dont care about the topic, so continue on. Just thought it was funny

I missed the joke TBH. What was it?

200.gif

I know a doctor that went to an Ivy League school for under & grad school. Finished with $300,000.00 in debt

My friend who went to a small school and then a state school has $60,000.00

Both did their residency at the same place and have basically equal employment

Dunno how the fuck you go through daily life knowing you owe nearly 1/3mil dollars

bunch of white knights in that meisha tate after pregnancy thread lol. they got rustled that I called her ugly before and after.

I know a doctor that went to an Ivy League school for under & grad school. Finished with $300,000.00 in debt

Dunno how the fuck you go through daily life knowing you owe nearly 1/3mil dollars
Isn't 300k debt practically standard for a doctor? Given their lifetime earnings, it's worth it imo

Isn't 300k debt practically standard for a doctor? Given their lifetime earnings, it's worth it imo
Nah that's very much on the high end

And yeah they've got no worries paying it back, but still, so much money

TBH $300k doesn't sound bad. When I was in ugrad I originally planned to go to med school (thanks ex-gf!). I had a print out from Duke's office of financial aid that IIRC said that my debt would be around $330k. Keep in mind this was the mid-90s.

TBF that $350k included full 4 yr of tuition + living expenses and some support for during 5yrs of residency and a 2 yr fellowship. I guess they figured that $40k/yr wasn't going to cut it during the residency, or the $10k extra for the fellowship.

A $200k bill for an ugrad education is absolutely offensive. The only thing worse is $150k for a 16month MBA.

A $200k bill for an ugrad education is absolutely offensive. The only thing worse is $150k for a 16month MBA.
you see people with these going to usc for their sociology degree and then they cry that they can't afford to pay their school loans. lol

you see people with these going to usc for their sociology degree and then they cry that they can't afford to pay their school loans. lol

If you spend that much on a sociology degree you deserve what happens next.

One thing that shocked me about the US is how many parents are willing to send their kids to whatever party school their kids pick. WTF?

My buddy's ex-wife went to Claremont with her ding bat friends because they wanted to hangout in Hollywood. Color me surprised that her favorite past time was watching the E channel. Just for refernce she grew up in a college town with reasonable state school (Eugene, OR).

One thing that shocked me about the US is how many parents are willing to send their kids to whatever party school their kids pick. WTF?

My buddy's ex-wife went to Claremont with her ding bat friends because they wanted to hangout in Hollywood. Color me surprised that her favorite past time was watching the E channel. Just for refernce she grew up in a college town with reasonable state school (Eugene, OR).

I worked one shit job out of high school for 2 months and by the time summer was over I was like "need to go to school so I'm not 40 and miserable like the rest of these fucks."

That definitely factored into what I went to school for and ensured I wasn't doing some bullshit program.

I dont know what wages are elsewhere, but theyll make that in a year here.

This and all the bullshit degrees are the biggest problems imo. Pick something with a future or dont bitch about your school loans.
I worked one shit job out of high school for 2 months and by the time summer was over I was like "need to go to school so I'm not 40 and miserable like the rest of these fucks."

That definitely factored into what I went to school for and ensured I wasn't doing some bullshit program.
If you dont mind my asking what do you do?

I dont know what wages are elsewhere, but theyll make that in a year here.

This and all the bullshit degrees are the biggest problems imo. Pick something with a future or dont bitch about your school loans.

If you dont mind my asking what do you do?

Will PM you. Technically in IT right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back