Saudi Arabia severs diplomatic ties with Canada

SA is not a contemporary liberal society so why should that morality apply or be considered reasonable?
I think you missed my point.

A) I was dismissing their excuse of the law as flawed by citing examples of what the vast majority of humanity would describe as immoral behavior that was once legal. I even included one from their own recent past.

B) I was talking about our view of them as outsiders looking in. Not from their perspective.

They're severing diplomatic ties over things that we see as basic rights. I am judging them, as are most reasonable people who think women should be allowed to drive and not have to ask their sons for permission to do mundane things. Yes, my morality stems from a different value system then theirs. Yes, that morality (womens basic rights) are a given in even most authoritarian systems.

His government just sold arms to Saudi Arabia you tit. He didnt stand up to them at all. He passive aggressively tried to virtue signal to feminists again while like a snake in the grass stabbing them in the back. And they called him out.

Another brutal failure of this government.

You just call me a tit? At the very least, kudos on the unconventional name calling.

And you mean the arms deal that was roughly one tenth the size of the United States-Saudi Arabia arms deal?

Those wahhabis churches, the madrassas are already there so no we shouldn't take them and yes we should leave them to their fate. They have been totally indoctrinated from a young age to only know the Quran.

So you concede that it was the United States that funded and helped orchestrate Wahhabi proselytism?

Also, who is "they"? Wahhabism isn't predominant in all Muslim countries. Wahhabism, for instance, was pretty much nonexistent in Syria.

60-70 percent of them approve of rape, murder and suicide bombing.

No they don't. JFC, you're terrible. You realize I've actually lived in a Muslim country, right? Because I think we've been over this before: that I'm not dumb enough to buy your lying on the matter.

You just call me a tit? At the very least, kudos on the unconventional name calling.

And you mean the arms deal that was roughly one tenth the size of the United States-Saudi Arabia arms deal?

So you concede that it was the United States that funded and helped orchestrate Wahhabi proselytism?

Also, who is "they"? Wahhabism isn't predominant in all Muslim countries. Wahhabism, for instance, was pretty much nonexistent in Syria.

No they don't. JFC, you're terrible. You realize I've actually lived in a Muslim country, right? Because I think we've been over this before: that I'm not dumb enough to buy your lying on the matter.

You seem to be unraveling lately, try to keep it together through all this it's only going to get worse for you. I can only refer to the people of that region as sources to contradict you. You living there apologizing for being white or whatever the fuck you were doing does not make you more credible than the millions of people screaming what I say. Check out the pew poll research from the region.

The Kingdom is right, Canada shouldn't be interfering in their government, people broke the laws, people got arrested.

You seem to be unraveling lately, try to keep it together through all this it's only going to get worse for you.

So you're not going to try to support your assertions? You're conceding that you were uninformed about both the source of Wahhabi proselytism and its prevalence in the region?

Mighty big of you to admit that your arguments were uninformed idiocy. I'm proud of you.

I can only refer to the people of that region as sources to contradict you. You living there apologizing for being white or whatever the fuck you were doing does not make you more credible than the millions of people screaming what I say.

(a) Not white - and certainly a hell of a lot less white than Persians lol
(b) The "millions of people screaming what [you] say" isn't a specific citation and isn't persuasive, but yes I will concede that there are millions of really stupid people like you on the planet

Check out the pew poll research from the region.

You mean these Pew polls?

gsi2-overview-13.png

OUCH. So you said.....60-70% support murder and rape and suicide bombing? Care to revise that estimate?

Trudeau just needs to sword dance with them and bow like a courtier showing fealty then everything will be ok.

SA making threats to Canada? Youll do nothing you clowns

This might agitate the Muslim extremists already in Canada.

*Harper's government. He just didn't cancel the deal.

Justin's government actually expanded on the deal, and sold them more arms than was agreed to with the previous government, all while playing the baby face in the media about how they don't want to go through with the sale. That was very early into Justin's time in office and showed me exactly what "sunny ways" was all about.

Justin's government actually expanded on the deal, and sold them more arms than was agreed to with the previous government, all while playing the baby face in the media about how they don't want to go through with the sale. That was very early into Justin's time in office and showed me exactly what "sunny ways" was all about.

From what I understand the Liberals were the ones who signed the export permits, but the deal itself was struck with the Conservative government. Of course they could have refused to sign those export permits, effectively cancelling the contract, but it's up for debate whether that would have incurred penalties.

*Harper's government. He just didn't cancel the deal.

No Harpers government signed the deal, Trudeau could have stopped it if he wanted too. He didn't because his virtues only go so far as his lips, and his ability to spend others money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh.
All that from what amounts to "be nice".

I guess you can't ask so much from people.

Asked a Muslim guy last week not to try to split traffic in his car and he wanted to fight me. They're just unreasonable people tbh.

No Harpers government signed the deal, Trudeau could have stopped it if he wanted too. He didn't because his virtues only go so far as his lips, and his ability to spend others money.

I was against this deal just as much as any other reasonable Canadian (yea right, those armored vehicles were to be used for 'humanitarian' purposes), but you can't just go and cancel multi billion dollar deals that have already been signed off on. Number 1, that money is already accounted for in a budget, so if you lose it, you're going to have to find some other revenue stream that takes its place, or alternatively go more into debt. Those aren't good options. 2nd, Canada, or any other country for that matter, needs to be viewed as a stable place to do business. If deals fall apart because of the outcome of fair democratic elections, that presents an unstable image to our trading partners, thus making Canada less attractive. Once again, not a good option.

All things considered, this was the right move. I'm not sure however if going in solo on this condemnation was the right move. Should have gotten EU partners on our side and preferably the US. Now we're sitting here alone while our allies are twiddling their thumbs. Not a great position to be in, could have been done better.

Back