Saudi Arabia beheads then crucifies Myanmar man

Is our relationship with Saudi Arabia really about oil or is it because they dislike Iran?
The oil reason seems overblown , considering Canada is our #1 supplier and shale oil has made us a net exporter. Saudis have a lot of lobbyists in D.C. They also are quite chummy with Israel now, since both want to screw Iran. And the US just does what Israel wants.

Only person I crucified was Benny. You got damn Caesar's legion don't even give a fair trial you just attack out of nowhere.

Piece of trash gets executed in a backwards country, I don't see why anybody should care.

I'm glad to see Saudi Arabia taking a proactive stance on wildlife preservation. The birds gotta eat too, ya know.

Piece of trash gets executed in a backwards country, I don't see why anybody should care.

People care because of the bad timing. This is a slap to Canada for intervening in their internal human rights affairs.

If he was already dead and headless, does the crucifixion even matter?

Everything in the public squares matters. What is allowed, and what isn't, speaks volumes as to the morals of the society it represents.

People care because of the bad timing. This is a slap to Canada for intervening in their internal human rights affairs.
And yet Canada just sold them over $1.1 billion in military equipment and weapons. All hat and no cattle.

So the guy stabbed a female migrant worker to death, attempted to kill another man, and attempted to rape a woman. I don't see any injustice here, unless there is more to this story than was in the link.

Shithole resident gets executed in shithole country for doing shithole stuff.

Nothing to see here, folks.

So the guy stabbed a female migrant worker to death, attempted to kill another man, and attempted to rape a woman. I don't see any injustice here, unless there is more to this story than was in the link.

If what you say is true, I care very little for what the Saudi justice system did in this instance

Regardless if the guy is guilty or not...thats a fucked up culture.

Public display?

Imagine walking with your family and seeing a beheaded man crucified.

That sounds like a violent culture.

I would love if saudi arabians stood up against this shit government.

That wasn't the point of the OP though, i.e. whether he deserved to die. Crucifixions are rare even in Saudi, with the last one happening in 2010. So why right now?
Also, keep in mind that Saudi routinely tortures the accused to extract confessions. Migrant workers are often ill informed of the Saudi legal system, not provided adequate translation facilities, no due process. This guy may be guilty, but the Saudi justice system is terrible as far as providing justice goes, that caution should be exercised.

So you support beheading and public display of the corpse. How very civilized of you.

I don't think there is any incompatibility between civilization and the death penalty and exposure of the corpse, although it's not to my taste. Civilized nations have been doing such for many thousands of years. Essentially you are making an aesthetic judgment, not a judgment about justice.

Back