Saudi Arabia beheads then crucifies Myanmar man

Regardless if the guy is guilty or not...thats a fucked up culture.

Public display?

Imagine walking with your family and seeing a beheaded man crucified.

That sounds like a violent culture.

I would love if saudi arabians stood up against this shit government.
The masses are not that different from the government. They bicker on women driving and having cinemas and the sexes being allowed to mix rights etc.. but when it comes to treatment of foreigners, the masses are as bad as the government. The people there, and the rest of the Gulf, do not want the kind of empathetic and humanitarian society common in the West.

I don't think there is any incompatibility between civilization and the death penalty and exposure of the corpse, although it's not to my taste. Civilized nations have been doing such for many thousands of years. Essentially you are making an aesthetic judgment, not a judgment about justice.

This is an even more ignorant reply than I expected you to make. Thanks for surprising me.

That wasn't the point of the OP though, i.e. whether he deserved to die. Crucifixions are rare even in Saudi, with the last one happening in 2010. So why right now?
Also, keep in mind that Saudi routinely tortures the accused to extract confessions. Migrant workers are often ill informed of the Saudi legal system, not provided adequate translation facilities, no due process. This guy may be guilty, but the Saudi justice system is terrible as far as providing justice goes, that caution should be exercised.

If the man wasn't guilty, then I think that would be a compelling reason to complain. But absent any specific reason to think that is the case here, I don't understand the fuss. The best information we have, which you provided, is that this man victimized a migrant worker by stabbing her to death, then attempted to murder another man and also attempted to rape a woman. Are any outlets claiming that this was a miscarriage of justice? I don't necessarily find that implausible, but neither do I find it implausible that the man was a murderer who was justly, albeit brutally, punished.

Also according to the link you provided, the last crucifixion was for a similar crime: a rape/murder.

This is an even more ignorant reply than I expected you to make. Thanks for surprising me.
Lol, instead of bandying insults, why not try articulating why you are bothered about the execution of this man?

If true, the guy broke into a womans house fired a gun and than stabbed her to death. Than attempted to kill and rape another woman...

If thats true im good with the punishment.

If the man wasn't guilty, then I think that would be a compelling reason to complain. But absent any specific reason to think that is the case here, I don't understand the fuss. The best information we have, which you provided, is that this man victimized a migrant worker by stabbing her to death, then attempted to murder another man and also attempted to rape a woman. Are any outlets claiming that this was a miscarriage of justice? I don't necessarily find that implausible, but neither do I find it implausible that the man was a murderer who was justly, albeit brutally, punished.

Also according to the link you provided, the last crucifixion was for a similar crime: a rape/murder.
There has been rape and murder between the last crucifixion and this one.

Let's accept he is guilty, why the crucifixion? You could say it is a message to others, but the public already know that beheadings happen frequently, so who exactly is the crucifixion a message to?

The masses are not that different from the government. They bicker on women driving and having cinemas and the sexes being allowed to mix rights etc.. but when it comes to treatment of foreigners, the masses are as bad as the government. The people there, and the rest of the Gulf, do not want the kind of empathetic and humanitarian society common in the West.

I tend to agree, and the last two crucified were foreigners.

That said, there is a point where things go "too far" in both directions. In that in the West large segments of society reject the victim and sympathize with the assailant if they have an emotional attachment to the victim or the identity of the victim.

A human condition to be sure, but one that takes us further from justice. Being reminded of the truth of violence and consequences would probably be good for a lot of people in the West, not to the point of something like a crucifixion, or anything close to that, but some part of crime and punishment would be good to understand for the masses of the West.

Crucifixions are rare in Saudi. This guy may or may not be guilty. With the lack of due process and the intrinsic bias against migrant workers , especially those from poor countries, any guilty conviction from Saudi should accompany with skepticism.

Let's assume he is guilty, why the need to crucify an already dead person? And why now, in the midst of the Canada human rights spat? Is Saudi trying to give a message to Canada and Christians by resorting to crucifixion? I mean there was that picture from a Saudi group with a plane heading towards the CN tower.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...carries-out-rare-crucifixion-for-murder-theft

Highpoint 2 The Snackbar

There has been rape and murder between the last crucifixion and this one.

Let's accept he is guilty, why the crucifixion? You could say it is a message to others, but the public already know that beheadings happen frequently, so who exactly is the crucifixion a message to?

I don't know why they crucified him. Perhaps they are trying to make a statement, but the meaning of that statement is lost on me beyond the statement that certain crimes will not be tolerated. Perhaps given their nascent liberalization the kingdom thought it necessary to remind folks that they can still crack down old school style if necessary if things become too socially chaotic. I don't necessarily mean that in a political or religious sense, especially since neither this crucifixion nor the last seem to have been politically or religiously motivated. They may genuinely fear increased crime and lawlessness from such innovations as women being allowed to drive.

Reading about a beheading in the newspaper and actually seeing the beheaded corpse in a public space are two different things with vastly different effects.

And it has the same intention that public punishment has had for millennia: to intimidate the public into not breaking laws. Break laws and this gruesome scene could be you.

Reading about a beheading in the newspaper and actually seeing the beheaded corpse in a public space are two different things with vastly different effects.

And it has the same intention that public punishment has had for millennia: to intimidate the public into not breaking laws. Break laws and this gruesome scene could be you.
This is very true. And if you go one step further, if you watch the beheading it is even more terrifying. This is why Dagestanis filmed and handed out the Dagestan Massacre amongst the Russians, and it has since gone viral.

I've seen a lot of gruesome shit in my life, watched a lot of crazy videos on LiveLeaks and Gore sights, but that is by far the worst that I have ever seen. It makes Two Giros One Cup look like Snow White.

In the infamous "chop chop square", the public witnesses the beheading live. Cell phone video of beheadings are also available online. If crucifixion is also necessary to put fear into people, why is it soo rare in Saudi?

Guess he won't do that again . . . sheesh.

It's just a flesh wound.

14n2vbr.jpg

In the infamous "chop chop square", the public witnesses the beheading live. Cell phone video of beheadings are also available online. If crucifixion is also necessary to put fear into people, why is it soo rare in Saudi?

Mmmm, I'm guessing because it's reserved for the most heinous crimes.

The most heinous anything is bound to be a rare occurrence.

Hard to judge different culture

Our relationship with Saudi Arabia preceded tensions with Iran. It's about oil wealth and just larger geopolitical strategy. However, if not for Iran's shirking of American control and our subsequent vendetta against their government, we wouldn't be quite as obsequious and accommodating to Saudi Arabia.

Even the most radical Wahhabist wouldn't represent as great a cancer to Western society as morons like you, who deliberately degrade our society, impoverish our people, lower our living standards, lessen our ability to self-govern, and actively vote against your interests just because you're so pathetically afraid of brown people.

I wish for you to someday move to a white nation state and come to the sad realization that, even when there are no brown people around, you're still a miserable loser, constantly pissing your pants and blaming other people for it.

<36>

Mmmm, I'm guessing because it's reserved for the most heinous crimes.

The most heinous anything is bound to be a rare occurrence.
Well there have been other murders who only got beheaded.
In the first 4 months of 2018 Saudi Arabia beheaded 48 people.

Saudi Arabia has executed 48 people in the past four months, half of them on non-violent drug charges, Human Rights Watch has said.

The US-based group urged the kingdom to improve what it called a “notoriously unfair criminal justice system”.

Saudi Arabia has one of the world’s highest rates of execution: suspects convicted of terrorism, homicide, rape, armed robbery and drug trafficking face the death penalty.

Rights experts have repeatedly raised concerns about the fairness of trials in the kingdom, which is governed by a strict form of Islamic law. The government says the death penalty is a deterrent for further crime.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-criticised-over-executions-for-drug-offences

Back