Sativa vs Indica vs Hybrids

Can you use cannabis to help manage anxiety and cortisol levels? And if so how?

I like them all but always favor Indica because it is fantastic for pain relief and sleep.

Can you use cannabis to help manage anxiety and cortisol levels? And if so how?

Yes weed can help but if you want something you can constantly take throughout the day but still go to work and shit. Then you should do CBD. Take around 50 to 100 mg per day and you will notice a decrease in anxiety, irritability, and pain within a week. I take a high grade CBD oil and consume around 100 MG daily, The longer you take it the more it builds up in system and can therefore give you the most benefit. Ideally you should be taking it daily, in morning with food.

What’s your preference? I tend to lean sativa because I’m already pretty mellow. Indica during the day makes it hard to get motivated..

I do like a good Indica though. I mean I pretty much just love it all but Sativa more fits my personality.

I have a medical card in Florida so I pretty much get all of them and go back and forth between Sativa and Indica during the day.

Which leads us to hybrids. Pretty much seems like the most common and most available bud (I have a hard time calling it “Flower”) in Florida. I mean if I take a bong hit of a sativa and then one of an indica back to back is that the same as taking a big hit of a hybrid?

Also I’ve been smoking for pretty much 30 years. This whole Sativa and Indica thing has probably been around forever (Not sure if hybrids are a newer invention to weed) but it was never advertised as such. Your dealer had what they had. Sometimes they had a name for it but it was never sold as a sativa, indica, or hybrid.
Nah, we used to get different strains back in the 80s, etc., but there were way less names. Just like Thai stick and Indica, mainly. When people said Sativa, they meant all cannabis (they would say, "Cannabis Sativa"). When they talked about Sativa they talked about Mexi or Thai weed. or just "Red Hair." Indica was more rare. Mexi brick weed with seeds was the standard, but you could get an eighth for $10, and they were decent. Eights were usually fat, and we would call them three finger bags because they were usually thick. I think a lot of people didn't even weigh. Anyway, I prefer Indica, but Sativa is decent for daytime when you don't want to couch lock, but still function. Most are hybrids now. It is really hard to keep a strain pure. I am team Indica, all day though.

I am more sativa heavy than indica heavy. I like both though. I learned the other day that our old definition of hybrid being savita+indica is no longer the case. I mean it still is technically, but these days hyrbids can be all sativas or all indicas. The hybrid is just the two+ different strains. I am currently smoking a hybrid called White Runtz, and it is very good. I liked it better than the straight sativa I had last week.

In case you're wondering, we get our green weekly on Sundays. lol

Indica turns me into a paranoid, bumbling retard

Sativa I forget I've even smoked and I go about my normal business

Sativa for during the day and gatherings, indica when I’m gonna chill out. Hybrid’s are awesome and prefer the sativa dominant hybrids I’ve tried.

What I have now -
Hybrid indica dominant Platinum Grapes
Hybrid sativa dominant Mango Taffey
Both 25-30%THC

What’s your preference? I tend to lean sativa because I’m already pretty mellow. Indica during the day makes it hard to get motivated..

I do like a good Indica though. I mean I pretty much just love it all but Sativa more fits my personality.

I have a medical card in Florida so I pretty much get all of them and go back and forth between Sativa and Indica during the day.

Which leads us to hybrids. Pretty much seems like the most common and most available bud (I have a hard time calling it “Flower”) in Florida. I mean if I take a bong hit of a sativa and then one of an indica back to back is that the same as taking a big hit of a hybrid?

Also I’ve been smoking for pretty much 30 years. This whole Sativa and Indica thing has probably been around forever (Not sure if hybrids are a newer invention to weed) but it was never advertised as such. Your dealer had what they had. Sometimes they had a name for it but it was never sold as a sativa, indica, or hybrid.
For the longest time I preferred indica since I would use the stuff at night and like to sleep on it. But in hindsight that's a mistake, it ruins your sleep quality. I think I might switch to using weak sativa stuff in the morning. These days I don't even care as much about having fun with it, I really do use it for the medicinal purposes. I have some crazy strong stuff for every once in a while when I do want to have fun but I'm trying to switch to daily use of weaker stuff.

I personally really love the ratio products which come with heavy CBD to balance out the THC. I like to take an 8:1 CBD to THC ratio oil in the morning and at night to help with pain and anxiety and whatnot. Sometimes at night I'll get a little crazy and take 1:1.

Indica dominant for me. I'm high strung. Plus I don't usually smoke during the day like some of you degenerates. ;)
Actually getting high earlier in the day is a mistake, I agree. The stuff I use earlier in the day tends to have low THC so that I can get the medicinal benefits without getting stoned and unproductive. That's what's great about the medical marijuana industry, they have products like that for people like me. Until recently I was still buying from the black market but those dealers are geared towards recreational users and there's fewer options.

hybrid gummies, 10mg is perfect for the evening

or nuggies, 50mg for an all day high

I tried some white chocolate with hash resin or something this past weekend, I will still high until the next day around 3pm

To be honest I have a hard time distinguishing weed strains even though I've been smoking for about 25 years. I can roughly sort them as doesn't do much, nice happy high, or zonks me out hard and that's about as far as I get. And if something zonks me out I just smoke less the next time and usually get a nice happy high that way.

When i did smoke, it was all about sativas. Im an artistic and outdoors person so for me that strain was definitely optimal for daily functionality.

Indicas would just make me wanna sleep.

Back