Sarcoplasmic Hypertrophy

How come Pudzanowski, the number 1 powerlifter, couldn't go more then just 1 round vs Sylvia ?

Also what does rowing have to do with powerlifting ? 2 pac was a great rapper but he also trained ballet so my conclusion is that ballet dancers are good rappers.

Pudz is not a powerlifter.

Before you start arguing, you absolutely must get your facts right.

Using an n=1 strategy to "confirm" your views is rather silly.

How come Pudzanowski, the number 1 powerlifter, couldn't go more then just 1 round vs Sylvia ?

Also what does rowing have to do with powerlifting ? 2 pac was a great rapper but he also trained ballet so my conclusion is that ballet dancers are good rappers.

I bet if Pudzianowski began focusing 100% on conditioning he would be unstoppable. As it stands, he hadn't been fighting at or anywhere near Sylvia's level, ever. So he had no need to work on his endurance.

Ah yeah right he is an strongman, my bad. @ Artigo he trained 8 months in mma before the Sylvia fight I think.

But whatever let's all just lift heavy weights and do compound lifts.

Never has someone had so much to say yet know so little.

Using extreme examples doesnt prove anything. Consider the marathon runner
Fiona-Oakes-Vegan-marathon-runner.jpg

He doesnt have a chance either. So cardio is useless? Nope

My point is that someone can be a powerlifter and have great conditioning, not that powerlifting makes someone better conditioned. I didn't think I had to spell that out.

This seems to have turned into an argument about "what will supplement my sport". I think everything you do, training-wise, will supplement your sport if you do it well.

This is why you are asking questions and not answering them.

Your question has been answered numerous times within numerous frameworks. The consensus, for those who seem to be asking despite the number of intelligent posts dropped and the number of unintelligent ones that were obvious enough to overlook, is...

Sarcoplasmic Hypertrophy DOES *help* develop strength. It more quickly adds to muscle area and bulk, which you need to take into account if you don't want to gain much weight. There are many athletic applications and situations that require or produce sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. You need to figure out what your goals are and decide what method of training suits you best.

This seems to have turned into an argument about "what will supplement my sport". I think everything you do, training-wise, will supplement your sport if you do it well.

I myself have been inspired by this forum and am moving towards olympic lifts. I think those will do the most for any combat athlete, strength wise - explosivity is hugely important, and i agree with one of the previous posters stating that endurance work can be done on the mat.

Beware of Olympic lifts, if you can do them ok, but if you are thinking about beggining, take into account that they are hard and they have a long history of messing the wrists which would screw up any combat sport but TKD.

There are IMO, easier ways to increase explosivity squat jumps, hang cleans, box jumps etc.

Squat jumps sounds like a great way to destroy your knees?

Beware of Olympic lifts, if you can do them ok, but if you are thinking about beggining, take into account that they are hard and they have a long history of messing the wrists which would screw up any combat sport but TKD.

There are IMO, easier ways to increase explosivity squat jumps, hang cleans, box jumps etc.

"Beware of olympic lifts" followed by "easier ways to increase explosivity...hang cleans".

Right. It's not as if hang cleans are a version of an olympic lift or anything.

"Beware of olympic lifts" followed by "easier ways to increase explosivity...hang cleans".

Right. It's not as if hang cleans are a version of an olympic lift or anything.

Sorry, i meant hang cleans without catching the bar.

High pulls? Why wouldn't you just go ahead and catch the damn bar?

Because if you don't know how to catch it, you can **** up your wrists and be sidelined for a while.

Also because you can do faster reps without catching.

Hahahahahahahahaa

Laugh all you want the fact is that if you DONT KNOW how to catch the bar and you attempt high weights, it will certainly **** up your wrists.

If you have time to slowly progress and learn the olympic lifts, kudos for you, if you already know them, even better.

But if you are like most competitive athletes where you have your time all taken up, going into learning lifts that one should be learning in their early teens, its not that smart. Specially when building power can be done with much simpler exercises.

LOL those are the worst arguments that i have heard,

"They are not hard to learn, if its hard to learn you are weak" and "Every sport is prone to injuries" weak arguments.

Anyway

http://crossfitie.typepad.com/Powercleans.pdf

Also im currently having an injured left wrist from racking powercleans and i know many olympic weightlifters who injure their wrists too, its not an issue of bad technique, its something that simply happens in oly lifting. I Oly lift because i like Oly lifting, not because its inherent to my sport.

Box squats are much better IMO for most sports, and my sport which is judo actually gets a benefit from cleans, because you also move a weight (another person).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back