Sara McMann - I am the one to dethrone Rousey

D-level trash talk.

People think because she got a Silver medal in the Olympics, she's a good athlete. What people don't realize is how big of a joke women's wrestling is. There're two Japanese chicks, both barely B-level athletes themselves, who have been dominating women's wrestling for the past 12+ years, winning more titles than Karelin and Burroughs combined. Joke sport.

It's better than being a shit talkin' keyboard warrior who's prolly never done anything in his life but eat cheetos, attend bullfights and talk shit about Olympic athletes.

What sport did you do in high school? Let me guess? Chess? Male cheerleading? :p

is women's wrestling that much less competitive than women's judo??

I think she has improved her boxing. She's comfortable with it and throws with conviction/aggression. she just needs to know her distance and pick her shots better. She throws with power and good technique.

I think she needs to definitely work on her back more, looked like a fish against tate.
I also think she put too much confidence in her wrestling and that's how tate caught her on the reversal.

But out of everyone, she has that style that would beat ronda. Someone who won't let RR bully her around in the clinch and be willing to trade with RR, and has the power to hurt RR.

Last edited:
It's better than being a shit talkin' keyboard warrior who's prolly never done anything in his life but eat cheetos, attend bullfights and talk shit about Olympic athletes.

What sport did you do in high school? Let me guess? Chess? Male cheerleading? :p

How about you do some actual research before spewing nonsense? According to the national high school athletics survey, there are 9904 female high school wrestlers in the US, compared to over 269,000 male high school wrestlers, that's a talent pool ratio of over 269 to 1 (source: http://www.nfhs.org/ParticipationStatics/PDF/2013-14_Participation_Survey_PDF.pdf). Being one of the best in that shallow pool means absolutely nothing.

McMann competed in the 63kg weight class in freestyle wrestling, a weight class that is currently dominated by Kaori Icho (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaori_Icho), who is on a 150+ win streak and makes everybody else look like complete jokes. The other thing you should realize, is McMann won the silver in the very first year women's wrestling was introduced to the Oympics, she was swimming in a sea of total noobs, and got crushed by another noob called Kaori Icho.

Even if you take the strength differential out of the equation, her silver medal would be at best, the equivalent of something like "12th in state" on the men's side. Utterly mediocre.

McMann competed in the 63kg weight class in freestyle wrestling, a weight class that is currently dominated by Kaori Icho (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaori_Icho), who is on a 150+ win streak and makes everybody else look like complete jokes. The other thing you should realize, is McMann won the silver in the very first year women's wrestling was introduced to the Oympics, she was swimming in a sea of total noobs, and got crushed by another noob called Kaori Icho.

So Icho is really awesome, except that time she beat McMann for a gold medal?

post-53126-Bill-Murray-looks-at-camera-gi-68fK.gif

So Icho is really awesome, except that time she beat McMann for a gold medal?

Icho has Karelin-level dominance in wrestling, but she doesn't hold a candle to Karelin's wrestling prowess. She's simply an person with a mild case of turner syndrome in a sea of midgets, McMann being one of them. In that sense Icho is similar to Ronda in MMA, but actually far more impressive, because women's wrestling, as unpopular as it is, has 50x more global participation than women's MMA.

How about you do some actual research before spewing nonsense? According to the national high school athletics survey, there are 9904 female high school wrestlers in the US, compared to over 269,000 male high school wrestlers, that's a talent pool ratio of over 269 to 1 (source: http://www.nfhs.org/ParticipationStatics/PDF/2013-14_Participation_Survey_PDF.pdf). Being one of the best in that shallow pool means absolutely nothing.

Even if you take the strength differential out of the equation, her silver medal would be at best, the equivalent of something like "12th in state" on the men's side. Utterly mediocre.

Because less women compete than men the women should be marginalized.

Solid logic.

Icho has Karelin-level dominance in wrestling, but she doesn't hold a candle to Karelin's wrestling prowess. She's simply an person with a mild case of turner syndrome in a sea of midgets, McMann being one of them. In that sense Icho is similar to Ronda in MMA, but actually far more impressive, because women's wrestling, as unpopular as it is, has 50x more global participation than women's MMA.

is women's judo typically considered close in prowess to men's judo? serious question.

D-level trash talk.

People think because she got a Silver medal in the Olympics, she's a good athlete. What people don't realize is how big of a joke women's wrestling is. There're two Japanese chicks, both barely B-level athletes themselves, who have been dominating women's wrestling for the past 12+ years, winning more titles than Karelin and Burroughs combined. Joke sport.

wmma is on par with this.

Because less women compete than men the women should be marginalized.

Solid logic.

You use that word, but I don't think you understand its meaning.

A talent pool ratio of 269 to 1 means that women's wrestling is a joke compared to the men's. That's not marginalization, that's a statement of fact.

dat Herb dean stoppage.

I'm tired of these fighters thinking they're tougher than they are. I'd rather a fighter point out their faults and then make educated decisions on how to improve themselves.

I didn't think the first Rhonda fight was stopped too soon but I did think the knee kind of hit in a flukey spot(I don't think she had that reaction to a knee before that or since). I also thought that she may be the one to beat Rhonda in a rematch but after watching her last couple fights.. I think not

I'll reserve my full opinion until after the Nunes fight, but I hold out hope she finds that fire and we get a rematch. I like McMann.

She thinks? A professional athlete should never word things like "I think I can" shows you their lack of confidence. She knows he can't.

dat Herb dean stoppage.

I'm tired of these fighters thinking they're tougher than they are. I'd rather a fighter point out their faults and then make educated decisions on how to improve themselves.

Herb is one of the most suspect refs in the business. If the star is losing, give him/her every chance to get back in the fight. If the star is winning, stop the fight as soon as possible to ensure their victory.

Back