Sara McMann - I am the one to dethrone Rousey

Stylistically, I'd say she has the best shot. Unfortunately she can't fight very well against top competition.

Men's wrestling has been completely dominated for 30+ years by a couple of backwards provinces in the Caucasus with combined populations of ~ >15 million
- 'Guys from that area are just beasts!'

Karelin dominates his division for over a decade
- 'That guy was just a beast!'

Japan, one of the richest countries in the world with a population of <120 million dominates women's wrestling
- 'LOL women's wrestling must be a joke'

Yoshida dominates her division for over a decade
- 'LOL women's wrestling must be a joke'

And how many of that 120 million actually compete in wrestling? Can you read?

US high school male wrestlers: 270,000
US high school female wrestlers: 9000
"Hurr durr the population of US male and female high school students are about the same so male and female wrestling are competitively equal" - Xuh

Using the population of the country of origin of an athlete in a sport, instead of the population of athletes who actually compete in the sport from said country. Talk about going full retard.

Women's wrestling is a joke compared to men's wrestling, an even bigger joke than women's judo is compared to men's judo. Deal with it.

Unfortunately, she is too small for Rousey.

I didn't think the first Rhonda fight was stopped too soon but I did think the knee kind of hit in a flukey spot(I don't think she had that reaction to a knee before that or since). I also thought that she may be the one to beat Rhonda in a rematch but after watching her last couple fights.. I think not

That "flukey" spot is called your liver.

She was given all the time in the world, now what's her excuse.

"Even to this day, people keep coming up to me and they're like, 'That fight was stopped too soon.' I'm just sitting and eating lunch and people are like, 'You should be in there; you're the one that's going to beat Ronda.' I was like, 'I think so, too,'" McMann said.

"That is exactly how I feel. I think I'm the one that's going to dethrone her."

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...k-i-m-the-one-that-s-going-to-dethrone-080615

McMann next fights Amanda Nunes this Saturday at UFC Fight Night 73 in Nashville, TN.

saramcmann_pic02.jpg

Is it too soon to say she should have concentrated on Amanda first???

Fighters should really think about the fight ahead of them. I bet she probably still think she can beat ronda.

She might be the one to dethrone Rousey but now we will have to just wait a bit longer to find out.

Back