• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Sara, 33, fled from Dubai family: "My freedom was taken away from me"

Tabloid trash may stand for you, but Aftonbladet is a reputable newspaper.

You take it for granted that everyone in the western world is as enlightened as you. I can see a prejudiced attitude towards the Swedish masses who do not know better. And your way of writing this "isn't the socially liberal Middle Eastern country European tourists mistake it for". Do European tourists really think that?", shows that this is the case.

This year has been very dramatic for us Swedes. We have received so much information about the newcomers and their Islam that there has almost been a revolution in our way of taking in, thinking and getting an idea how a large group of people have been able to create such a chaos in our normally balanced country.

Islam is the red thread in all these articles and now it has come to an article series about Dubai which is very Muslim. All Swedes who did not know about things like these have been protected by our leaders and the media when reality might have been too difficult for the ordinary Swede to take in.

Aftonbladet is a daily tabloid. However they have a history of being explicitly political, which is why I expected better from them than this. I mean celebrity gossip and royalty are certainly always tabloid fodder, but not really what I expect posted here.
What information are you receiving? I'm not seeing a lot of information being posted.
The Arabian aristocracy aren't even remotely representative of Muslims as a global population. I'm assuming Sweden isn't being flooded with Arabian royalty? While the distinction between culture and religion (especially with Islam and Arab culture) is always blurred, that much money and their British educations puts them in a pretty distinct social group. Not a whole lot in common with Syrian, Iraqi or Afghan refugees, that's for sure.

The series on Dubai really isn't about Islam, and women's rights are briefly mentioned at best. Nor is this a new topic, it's been covered at length over the last decade. Even by some of the most superficial and parochial of media outlets.
If the Dark Side of Dubai's the topic you want to cover, there's been an enormous amount of good material written on it. Especially after the case of Marte Deborah Dalelv (amongst others), I'm certainly surprised that a myth of Dubai being anything remotely comparable to a socially liberal European state could still persist.

I came for the clickbait title.

I stayed for the TS' meltdown.

It's quite scary how this toxic little group of members shows up in full and with the worst kind of pack-behavior.

I addressed a religious member in hopes that he would give his view of these phenomena within his religion. Haven't got an answer but his communist buddy felt compelled to rush to the rescue and the only thing he has done in this thread is to derail it.

Always the same members and the most prominent have said theirs and are certainly satisfied with this form of adult bullying culture. I didn't know that extreme left and left and religious could behave like bitches on this scale. To the other 2 gentlemen who are good at responding in GIF och pic form, I would like to clarify that this thread is not a popularity contest in getting confirmation for smart answers.

Can you please leave this thread if you do not even bother to comment on the article. A woman who has been lucky just because she has had the finances for it.

<JagsKiddingMe>

You have no one to blame but yourself for the way this thread turned out.

5d1c74a8a17d6c23ee4c2934-.jpg

I'm sure there's a sherdogger or two here willing to offer her a nice safe home

Fucking lol at the husband's looks. You'd get called a racist for making a movie villain that looked like that

"Does this top hat make me look less angry?"

"Ummm....sure."

Dubai is Paradise in Satan's image.

A monument of hedonistic excess and vanity, built by slave labor and maintained through repression.

So is Trump tower with its gold tiolets and unpaid workers.

@Kafir-kun did you check this thread out yet?

Aftonbladet is a daily tabloid. However they have a history of being explicitly political, which is why I expected better from them than this. I mean celebrity gossip and royalty are certainly always tabloid fodder, but not really what I expect posted here.
What information are you receiving? I'm not seeing a lot of information being posted.
The Arabian aristocracy aren't even remotely representative of Muslims as a global population. I'm assuming Sweden isn't being flooded with Arabian royalty? While the distinction between culture and religion (especially with Islam and Arab culture) is always blurred, that much money and their British educations puts them in a pretty distinct social group. Not a whole lot in common with Syrian, Iraqi or Afghan refugees, that's for sure.

The series on Dubai really isn't about Islam, and women's rights are briefly mentioned at best. Nor is this a new topic, it's been covered at length over the last decade. Even by some of the most superficial and parochial of media outlets.
If the Dark Side of Dubai's the topic you want to cover, there's been an enormous amount of good material written on it. Especially after the case of Marte Deborah Dalelv (amongst others), I'm certainly surprised that a myth of Dubai being anything remotely comparable to a socially liberal European state could still persist.

Dubai has a very effective P.R. campaign, with Western advisers, lawyers and P.R. agencies on their payroll. The West gives them a pass because they are rich, are allies , are liberal relative to Saudi and more recently they are allied with Israel.

Even people who know about all the issues regarding human rights in the UAE just ignore it, shrug and go on.

This thread went downhill fast.
And that's quite a feat considering where it started at.

It's quite scary how this toxic little group of members shows up in full and with the worst kind of pack-behavior.

I addressed a religious member in hopes that he would give his view of these phenomena within his religion. Haven't got an answer but his communist buddy felt compelled to rush to the rescue and the only thing he has done in this thread is to derail it.

Always the same members and the most prominent have said theirs and are certainly satisfied with this form of adult bullying culture. I didn't know that extreme left and left and religious could behave like bitches on this scale. To the other 2 gentlemen who are good at responding in GIF och pic form, I would like to clarify that this thread is not a popularity contest in getting confirmation for smart answers.

Can you please leave this thread if you do not even bother to comment on the article. A woman who has been lucky just because she has had the finances for it.
You have a thread that's 30+ pages long of one big echochamber with you guys jerking each other off. Plenty of toxic pack-behavior in there. Get over yourself and your victimhood already.

Last edited:
Who ? Ayaan?

She's a great person, for breaking away from cultural indoctrination and coming out against Islam. It's really no different than a KKK member or racist person who decides to do 180. Ayaan isn't the only ex-Muslim critic, there are others , but they all get smeared as Islampophobic. Ayan isn't going to be a reformer because she is seen as an apostate, but she can influence other Muslims to leave the faith or atleast not care about it.

Im not talking about her as an apostate, i am talking about idiots trying to project her as some Islamic reformer. There is an insidious nature to it as its obvious as hell as you yourself put it, she wants a mass exodus from Islam. I guess in some way i should be happy that the anti-Muslims are too dumb to see why this is a problem.

To you it might be the norm to read foreign language news but that's not so to many people. There's an issue of trust as well as convenience. Other than that, to many people growing up in Eden on Earth and being secure in knowing that life is roses and puppy dogs, what you consider tabloid trash stories is a revelation. Especially coming from a trusted lefty source. Perhaps you're as ignorant of Swedish society as they are of Islamic ones?

To me Sweedes stories are like reading about the exploits of a kid growing up in a bubble wrap world making his way in the world free of his helicopter mom. Bit of an exaggeration there, but that's the basic premise.

To you it might be the norm to read foreign language news but that's not so to many people. There's an issue of trust as well as convenience. Other than that, to many people growing up in Eden on Earth and being secure in knowing that life is roses and puppy dogs, what you consider tabloid trash stories is a revelation. Especially coming from a trusted lefty source. Perhaps you're as ignorant of Swedish society as they are of Islamic ones?

To me Sweedes stories are like reading about the exploits of a kid growing up in a bubble wrap world making his way in the world free of his helicopter mom. Bit of an exaggeration there, but that's the basic premise.

Yes, I look down on people that rely on tabloid trash as a source of information on anything but celebrity gossip. We live in the information age, you are responsible for what you consume. Even though the majority of Swedes speak English amazingly well, there's actually no need for them to have used sources from the anglosphere.
Marte Deborah Dalelv is Norwegian, and her story was well covered throughout Scandinavia, as well as the rest of the world.
Including by the tabloids.

Im not talking about her as an apostate, i am talking about idiots trying to project her as some Islamic reformer. There is an insidious nature to it as its obvious as hell as you yourself put it, she wants a mass exodus from Islam. I guess in some way i should be happy that the anti-Muslims are too dumb to see why this is a problem.
If there was an exodus it would be a good thing, espeically for minorities in Muslim majority countries. There's anti-Muslim and there's anti-Islam, 2 different things.

If there was an exodus it would be a good thing, espeically for minorities in Muslim majority countries. There's anti-Muslim and there's anti-Islam, 2 different things.

Im done. I dont how to spell this out for you anymore other than one last time: its stupid to present an obvious ex-muslim, anti-islam woman to muslims as a reformer.

Also, obviously wanting a mass exodus is anti muslim. Are you retarded? Lol 'we're not anti-muslim but we want a mass exodus so there is less muslims'

Im done. I dont how to spell this out for you anymore other than one last time: its stupid to present an obvious ex-muslim, anti-islam woman to muslims as a reformer.

Also, obviously wanting a mass exodus is anti muslim. Are you retarded? Lol 'we're not anti-muslim but we want a mass exodus so there is less muslims'
She can be a reformer to a part of Muslim society, the part that wants to leave Islam.

You are conflating Islam with Muslims, much like how Israel supporters conflate criticism of Israeli policies with Anti Semitism.

A mass exodus is not anti Muslim, depending on whether you preceive anti-Muslim as attacks against individuals or an attack against the religion. Attacking everyday Muslims for the beliefs expressed in the religion and or the actions of Islamic groups and countries is anti Muslim. Hoping Muslims move away from adherence to a supremacist ideology is not anti-Muslim, unless you think leaving a surpemacist ideology is a bad thing. Would you say Whites moving away from Colonial attitudes and White supremacy was a bad thing? Or Mormons modifying their religion to remove racist sentiments or Hindus officially outlawing caste discrimination? So why can't Muslims remove the supremacist sentiments in their religion but since they won't do that then what's wrong with hoping Muslims start leaving the religion.

Why should religion get a pass? It's a man made ideology. If Colonialism, Fascism, Communism, Imperialism can all be criticised and decent people not expected to support it, then supremacist religions should face the same scrutiny and criticism.

She can be a reformer to a part of Muslim society, the part that wants to leave Islam.

You are conflating Islam with Muslims, much like how Israel supporters conflate criticism of Israeli policies with Anti Semitism.

A mass exodus is not anti Muslim, depending on whether you preceive anti-Muslim as attacks against individuals or an attack against the religion. Attacking everyday Muslims for the beliefs expressed in the religion and or the actions of Islamic groups and countries is anti Muslim. Hoping Muslims move away from adherence to a supremacist ideology is not anti-Muslim, unless you think leaving a surpemacist ideology is a bad thing. Would you say Whites moving away from Colonial attitudes and White supremacy was a bad thing? Or Mormons modifying their religion to remove racist sentiments or Hindus officially outlawing caste discrimination? So why can't Muslims remove the supremacist sentiments in their religion but since they won't do that then what's wrong with hoping Muslims start leaving the religion.

Why should religion get a pass? It's a man made ideology. If Colonialism, Fascism, Communism, Imperialism can all be criticised and decent people not expected to support it, then supremacist religions should face the same scrutiny and criticism.

The followers of Islam are MUSLIMS. If you are trying to get a mass exodus of Muslims from Islam i.e. less Muslims, how is that not anti-Muslim? The objective isn't even to talk about Islam or reform, its to make sure Muslims leave their religion. Its so stupid and disingenuous its hilarious. If you want people to change aspects of their religion, you don't get someone who is clearly against the religion and does not believe in it. THAT is the part that you and the other idiots are blind to. It just makes me laugh when you IMPOSE a reformer on a religion that the reformer doesn't even follow. Are you going to expect Christians to accept Richard Dawkins as a Christian reformer? Muslims do not believe that their religion is a "man made ideology". We wouldn't be Muslim if we believed that.

Yes, I look down on people that rely on tabloid trash as a source of information on anything but celebrity gossip. We live in the information age, you are responsible for what you consume. Even though the majority of Swedes speak English amazingly well, there's actually no need for them to have used sources from the anglosphere.
Marte Deborah Dalelv is Norwegian, and her story was well covered throughout Scandinavia, as well as the rest of the world.
Including by the tabloids.

Hello @Ruprecht . Up until now I have always enjoyed your pots. Now I feel som kind of heat? Did I miss something or are you also in the mob?

I think it´s unfair that you tell me, us swedes to be responsible for what to consume, I think it´s unfair as you as a foreigner to downplay swedish media with tabloid quality when you don´t live in my country. I simply have no idea who Marte Dalevlv is. If I asked an american if he knew about Drottninggatan and he didn´t know about it, should I then judge him for it?

Hello @Ruprecht . Up until now I have always enjoyed your pots. Now I feel som kind of heat? Did I miss something or are you also in the mob?

I think it´s unfair that you tell me, us swedes to be responsible for what to consume, I think it´s unfair as you as a foreigner to downplay swedish media with tabloid quality when you don´t live in my country. I simply have no idea who Marte Dalevlv is. If I asked an american if he knew about Drottninggatan and he didn´t know about it, should I then judge him for it?

I'm not singling out Swedes. Everyone who is party to the information age is responsible for what they consume. Even in moderately developed countries without internet restrictions. I have some familiarity with Aftonbladet as the most circulated Swedish news, but their tabloid sensationalism has never been any sort of secret. Of course that varies with the topic and the journalist.
This is not unique to Sweden either. As I said, the British tabloids are much worse.
Honestly last time I had a conversation with you I thought you were completely reasonable (although I haven't been reading your Islam threads), but it seems in the meantime (I've been alerted to changes in your posting) you've gone a bit berko.
Your OP is very close to making this a call out thread (which aren't allowed you should know), and is very strange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yakuza13
Back