Santos: P*$$y Askrens demands don't make sense the fight. Fight might be off

Woodley fought Kelvin a much better fighter who missed weight by way more and even gave him his money back. So in some ways it is a bit lame from Askren as Santos is going to be just as big as if he has weighed in correctly.

I don't blame Askren though, the guy fucked the Title fight by missing weight. But to say Santos has an advantage seems like a stretch to me. He weighed in two pounds over, and cut for longer than Askren though he only made it to 172.

I get it though from Ben it's totally up to him. If he loses he's pretty much lost all his luster over there. So to make Santos make a sacrifice is fair.

But if he doesn't fight the event is ruined. So it's got to be hard for him.

If in 5 hours Santos weighs over 190lbs it'll be interesting if Askren sticks to his word and cancels the fight. Also if he does, I wonder if the ONE president will attack him like Dana did Jon Jones.

Gerald Meerschaert
‏@The_Real_GM3
Come down for breakfast and Santos is already down here chow in down. "Sapo" must be Portuguese for bum @Benaskren @FrontRowBrian @ONEFCMMA

Well looks like they are playing a game of "chicken" Santos making no attempt to weigh under 190lbs twelve hours before the event thinking Askren won't have the guts to cancel the fight. Time will tell.

Santos is a scrub. Amateur bullshit.

askren, just fight, supposedly one of the greatest WW right now

He still can. He is asking for a second chance weigh in of 190 which is fine. The future of MMA will be second weigh ins to make sure a very overweight fighter hasn't gained too much weight. It's a good option to give the fighter that made the weight.

Well looks like they are playing a game of "chicken" Santos making no attempt to weigh under 190lbs twelve hours before the event thinking Askren won't have the guts to cancel the fight. Time will tell.

I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't going to attempt to control his weight any further.

Askren is a funny mofo but I don't blame him tho.

He still can. He is asking for a second chance weigh in of 190 which is fine. The future of MMA will be second weigh ins to make sure a very overweight fighter hasn't gained too much weight. It's a good option to give the fighter that made the weight.

Yup; and Askren has already said he will be 182lbs 12 hours before the fight on the 2nd weigh-in; so its not like he is gaining some advantage by allowing Santos to be all the way at 190lbs.

Woodley fought Kelvin a much better fighter who missed weight by way more and even gave him his money back. So in some ways it is a bit lame from Askren as Santos is going to be just as big as if he has weighed in correctly.

I don't blame Askren though, the guy fucked the Title fight by missing weight. But to say Santos has an advantage seems like a stretch to me. He weighed in two pounds over, and cut for longer than Askren though he only made it to 172.

I get it though from Ben it's totally up to him. If he loses he's pretty much lost all his luster over there. So to make Santos make a sacrifice is fair.

woodley is a real fighter. against gastelum who is a billion times better than sapo who didnt even succeded in bellator

:icon_lol:

thats all my problem with this situation. the guy talks about beating up rory and former WW champion hendricks but yet cant fight against a guy that missed weight by 2 pounds??

I dislike Askren as much as anyone, but he's right here. Stupid stupid move by Santos, and even stupider response to Askren's statement. What a schmuck move, he should be ashamed of himself.

Damn, Santos missed weight. No title fight.

Would suck if this fight gets cancelled entirely.

What a whiner. Make weight or STFU.

Hope Funky Ben Koreshkovs you.

I'm not a fan of neither Askren or Santos. But how about Santos get off the PEDs, and then he'll able to make weight. DUH!!

Such a bullshit reason. Make the weight Santos because Ben held up his end of the bargain.

Absolutely mind-boggling that a welterweight can't be under 190 roughly 8-9 hours before they fight.

Firmly on Askren's side, Santos obviously considers 2 pounds over to be negligible, then he should have just cut it.

Santos making an amazing effort to create some Askren fans. The balls on this guy to have such an attitude after missing weight.

Wow the balls on this guy...

Misses weight, doesn't attempt to fix it and calls out the champ

What an embarrassment

Damn, he gained 18-20 lbs. that fast? I'm not saying it isn't possible because it is surprisingly common but he was planning in at coming at 205... lol

He dwarfed Ben the last time. Askren could probably make 155, and Sapo should be fighting at MW. If he cut a reasonable amount of weight and missed by 2lbs then no big deal, but if you're cutting 30-40lbs you better make weight or move up in weight.

Hope the fight still happens. War Ben

It's Rumbleweight all over again. He missed 170 so they agree to a catch weight of 190, and Luis will weigh-in at 205 instead.

Back