Santos: P*$$y Askrens demands don't make sense the fight. Fight might be off

What a dick. ONE can't afford this shit; namely paying Askren for not fighting. Santos fucked everyone. Fucked ONE out a headliner, fucked Askren out of a defense, and fucked himself. Terrible. 190lbs day of fight weigh in was more than fair and still couldn't do it.

Sapo: I missed the contractually obligated weight

Askren: dammit. Well how about you just don't weight more than 20 pounds over that weight tomorrow?

Sapo: I don't know if I can do that.

Askren: Fine. What if we both weighed in again, but 11 hours beforehand rather than cageside so you can still have time to rehydrate and getting bigger than the already over 20 pounds?

Sapo: His demands are unfair!

Askren put up a video of him explaining the whole thing. Don't have a direct link, but here's a link to his FB page; it's his most recent post.

https://www.facebook.com/benaskren/

This fucking guy...he's really wasted Askren's time. Guy is not getting any younger, he needs to get in there sooner rather than later.

What a dick. ONE can't afford this shit; namely paying Askren for not fighting. Santos fucked everyone. Fucked ONE out a headliner, fucked Askren out of a defense, and fucked himself. Terrible. 190lbs day of fight weigh in was more than fair and still couldn't do it.

Yea that's pretty ridiculous that he can't make 190.

Santos making an amazing effort to create some Askren fans. The balls on this guy to have such an attitude after missing weight.

Also his 90-minute breakfast before he was supposed to weigh in. I'm glad this fight didn't happen, because I never wanna root foir Askren, and I would have been praying he murks Santos.

Just an unreal scumbag move by Santos and his team. Absolutely pathetic. :(

Fighters who act like that make me hope for another Falcao/gas station incident.

Woodley fought Kelvin a much better fighter who missed weight by way more and even gave him his money back. So in some ways it is a bit lame from Askren as Santos is going to be just as big as if he has weighed in correctly.

I don't blame Askren though, the guy fucked the Title fight by missing weight. But to say Santos has an advantage seems like a stretch to me. He weighed in two pounds over, and cut for longer than Askren though he only made it to 172.

I get it though from Ben it's totally up to him. If he loses he's pretty much lost all his luster over there. So to make Santos make a sacrifice is fair.

But if he doesn't fight the event is ruined. So it's got to be hard for him.

It's lame that Santos can't even keep his weight under 190lbs after weigh in's.

It's that Brazilian acai berry. Cyborg, Sapo, Vitor, etc all getting nicely supplemented there. Cut down on dat acai, maybe make weight.

Pretty shocking. Santos weighed 172, then later that night, he weighed over 190.

LOL at Sapo eating breakfast for 90 minutes and then wanting an IV.

He captivates everyone's imagination and than does this. It's actually very impressive he gets more attention than almost any non-UFC WW and than blows it by missing weight by this much.

Would like to have seen him sign with Bellator but probably not after this. It also delays some great fights for Askren like a Koreshkov rematch or v Paul Harris.

There are basically no WW who are 190 fight night. Most are 195+. He screwed up by missing weight though.

Also his 90-minute breakfast before he was supposed to weigh in. I'm glad this fight didn't happen, because I never wanna root foir Askren, and I would have been praying he murks Santos.

Just an unreal scumbag move by Santos and his team. Absolutely pathetic. :(

Breakfast? Before weighin? I believe it ... not.

It was before the 190lb weigh in (that he agreed to do, then changed his mind about doing) not before the 170lb weigh in.

Did Santos assume that Askren/ONE FC were bluffing regarding the fight being canceled if he didn't make the new 190 weigh in?

I know Askren has gotten some beef regarding the request for the second weigh in (and not just fight a nontitle fight with Santos after the 2 pound original miss). However, I see it another way: why not have more fighters demand a second weigh-in for an opponent that misses weight?

Did Santos assume that Askren/ONE FC were bluffing regarding the fight being canceled if he didn't make the new 190 weigh in?

I think he probably thought that. "They won't cancel the main event of the biggest main event they've got going for them.... screw them, i'm going to weigh over 200lbs and they don't have the guts to cancel it" is what i'm guessing was going through his mind.

Back