Santos: P*$$y Askrens demands don't make sense the fight. Fight might be off

Askren should just ditch One entirely and fight in Bellator. Join the UFC's #1 competitor if you really want to stick it to the UFC.

Unless they sign Paul Harris who is left in 1C for him to fight?

oh man this really sucks...

why couldn't santos just make weight with nutrition in the first place, its such a big fight. Why risk it with such a huge water cut

meanwhile this dude missed weight and Askren didn't.

The demands of the fight.

Like having to make weight.

Most know that I'm not the biggest Askren supporter, but how dare he demand that the challenger to his title make the contractually-specified weight that every WW title challenger in the history of modern MMA has had to make. That monster. He's gone too far this time.

he makes one good point in the article. if its a non-title fight, then why should it matter? it was only a 2lbs difference.

but even then, it is santos who missed weight so he doesnt have much leverage with negotiating

oh man this really sucks...

why couldn't santos just make weight with nutrition in the first place, its such a big fight. Why risk it with such a huge water cut

Probably just trying to get an advantage and didn't care about the title since it either means the same or less than being the first one to beat Ben.

Probably just trying to get an advantage and didn't care about the title since it either means the same or less than being the first one to beat Ben.

Yup get an advantage and not get locked into a championship claus because you know the first man to beat Askren is getting a UFC offer of decent value on the spot...assuming they arent scared off by the PEDs they could have him fight in Brazil though.

You signed the contract, big boy.

Should have just made weight to avoid all this nonsense.

This seems more than fair. Askren is being weighed in as well at that time to be under 190. He is essentially giving him another chance after missing weight by 4.4 (not 2 like he said) pounds.

You will see far more of this in the future in my opinion in MMA. Stipulations after missed weigh ins that a fighter cannot gain a certain amount. It's a fair stipulation for the fighter that made weight to set.

I was annoyed when askren said that Santos quit after the eye poke but now askren can talk all the shit he wants. This dude should have made weight.

It's nice to see someone making a stand like this. Good on Askren.

Is it just me or does Santos look extra muscular since their last fight?

lol some nerve on this guy, I hope the fight happens and Askren just ragdolls him for 5 rounds

askren, just fight, supposedly one of the greatest WW right now

Askren needs to fight more often.

I cant believe I am siding with Askren but he is being perfectly reasonable. You fucked up Santos, live with the consequences.

Back