Sandbag workout program

I also walk around a bit with the 220lbs shouldered just to feel that insane core activation
Tried to do some shoulder and squat with 150 last night but that weight only on one side had my lack of balance all over. Ditched the squat part, works way better holding it at chest.

This was a good one. Wanna get my time low and get a few rounds unbroken or the whole thing unbroken

Bag Squats hitting inside of thighs like they've never been worked.

I bought a 150lbs bag in January. Getting it from my lap to my shoulder isn't something I'm going to be able to rep out any time soon, so I'm lifting it up onto a groin-height shelf and then lifting it from their to my shoulders. I'm doing singles, doubles and triples for time. When this gets easy, I'll try to get some volume without the shelf, going from floor to lap to shoulder.

I bought a 150lbs bag in January. Getting it from my lap to my shoulder isn't something I'm going to be able to rep out any time soon, so I'm lifting it up onto a groin-height shelf and then lifting it from their to my shoulders. I'm doing singles, doubles and triples for time. When this gets easy, I'll try to get some volume without the shelf, going from floor to lap to shoulder.
Is that working pretty good? You feel like you're making progress without the hip push?
May have to give it a go to get comfortable with next size up.

Is that working pretty good? You feel like you're making progress without the hip push?
May have to give it a go to get comfortable with next size up.

I'm actually really happy with it.

The shelf is low enough that I feel like I'm going down far enough to still involve the hip. There are a few benefits: letting me get decent volume with the weight and since I'm not loading it on my lap, I'm not letting my knees cave in to act as a shelf. I'm happy about this because I'd prefer to condition my soft tissues to this kind of work and get comfortable with the technique before i go right into the parts that I probably can't screw up too many times.

I'm actually really happy with it.

The shelf is low enough that I feel like I'm going down far enough to still involve the hip. There are a few benefits: letting me get decent volume with the weight and since I'm not loading it on my lap, I'm not letting my knees cave in to act as a shelf. I'm happy about this because I'd prefer to condition my soft tissues to this kind of work and get comfortable with the technique before i go right into the parts that I probably can't screw up too many times.
Good part of learning curve is you can bail out at any moment without big risk.

Need more odd sizes 125, 175 and a maybe later this year an upper quality 250.
If bag is too light, 50 lb jump is too much a difference in some sets.

Bear hug holds feel pretty awesome. I did 70 seconds with the 175lbs before dropping it. If I wanted to put in a pants-shitting effort I could have held on a bit longer.

Bear hug holds feel pretty awesome. I did 70 seconds with the 175lbs before dropping it. If I wanted to put in a pants-shitting effort I could have held on a bit longer.

Where do you hold it to breathe? Couldn't get 30 seconds with the 200 because it was crushing chest and could not breathe. Only possible bending forward, then it was more back and less lats. Dropped to 150 and it was more doable.

Where do you hold it to breathe? Couldn't get 30 seconds with the 200 because it was crushing chest and could not breathe. Only possible bending forward, then it was more back and less lats. Dropped to 150 and it was more doable.
Instinctively shelved it on my gut and pushed my hips under the bag

Instinctively shelved it on my gut and pushed my hips under the bag
You do mean bear hug deadhang? Not using lap as a shelf? lol pretty sure we're on same page, can sit in lap squat position with weight for minutes

You do mean bear hug deadhang? Not using lap as a shelf? lol pretty sure we're on same page, can sit in lap squat position with weight for minutes
No I'm standing straight up, bag is against my sternum the whole time.

Just knocked out some bag work outside . Cant beat these 70 degree no humidity days.

80% of BW
Over shoulders.
Shoulder carries.
bear hug carries

Shoulder Carries are smoking obliques . Works faster than doing minutes of planks and deeper than solid bar overhead carry.

Back