Salt and Sacrifice (PS/PC)

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Shame on you guys for not already having a thread on this. I haven’t played and hated the first one but I might get this. It looks like an improvement in every way from the first game.

Reviewer sounded way more negative than a 7 but 7GN couldn't resist themselves...starts the review sounding like he's going to give it a 5 though

I’ll be jumping in it here at some point. I think it looks great.

I didn’t give the first game much of a chance tbh. Reviews seem a little all over the place so I might wait for a sale.

I didn’t give the first game much of a chance tbh. Reviews seem a little all over the place so I might wait for a sale.
The price point is one of the only draws tho lmao

Salt and sanctuary was fun. I was actually thinking of revisiting it a couple days ago since I never beat it. Incredibly frustrating game... This new one looks much more cartoony, I likes how the other one was aesthetically dark...

Loved the original and platted it. One thing I remember disliking was how staggered zooming in and out of the skill tree was while navigating nodes, and I don't think that's much different here but is more a QoL complaint. Will pick this up but not 100 on when; might buy now-ish to support developer but journey later.

d, title has been talked about piecemeal in Werewolf Nation's PS thread so this is why it escaped thread status, I believe – though deserving, I agree. Stylised fog FX, new artefact system, and bosses look rad.

Thought the original was really good. Never knew this was coming out, defo looking forward to playing.

really wanted to like the first one, but mostly didn't. i kinda wish they patched it like they said they would (re: bugs like the jump glitch), but i guess it wouldn't have mattered much.

might check this out

I started the first one but didn't really give it a chance. This one looks good though.

Did a couple playthroughs of the first game so I'll most likely play this at some point.

I'd like to try it out since I thoroughly enjoyed the first game.

I've played a few hours and it was tough. I forgot how similar Tails of Iron combat was to S&S. The juggling in this game is wild and enemies can keep you in a weird stun lock while your stamina never regens until you hit the ground. Not to mention, your health pots take forever to regen as well. Right off the bat you're tasked with hunting down mages to get into locked doors. When you come across the first one, you find that not only do they spawn randomly across the map and only give you a few hits before they disappear again, but they spawn different types of enemies and fire projectiles at the same time. To further the frustration, when you die, you resurrect at the last save spot (an obelisk?), however, enemies will be camping at the spawn and next thing you know you're resurrected into an army of enemies with a mage firing poison darts at you.

Another thing I couldn't find was weapon and armor stats. I'm not sure if you're able to compare weapon types but I couldn't find it. Weird they would leave it out when they built a game around hunting mages for gear so you can take bosses out.

I love this style of combat though. It's simple yet complex and there's a grappling hook which I'm a fan of, so I'll keep trucking along. My guess is, they'll probably patch some of the stuff above because it doesn't seem user friendly outside of professional gamers who look for no-hits and plats. The game really needs some QOL love and if you're planning on playing this I would wait a bit unless you like to self punish.

Breh... Grapple looks cool though.
hiding.gif

Phemeto is kind of a complainer too.
He had some witty remarks in there so I give him a pass. Had to rewind though when he said they'd removed parry; am surprised and saddened to hear that. Loved the first one minus chunky skill tree nav.

He had some witty remarks in there so I give him a pass. Had to rewind though when he said they'd removed parry; am surprised and saddened to hear that. Loved the first one minus chunky skill tree nav.

I was gonna ask if you’d played the first. Seems like a game you’d enjoy.

Patch incoming. Some very vocal people on the sub. Completely expected when you change the entire experience.

Back