Salary Report: Former Champ, JDS Tops UFC 155 Payroll

mikezismike

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
390x270xjds.png.speedilic.ic.oMGhwC9Cwi.png

The Nevada State Athletic Commission recently released the disclosed list of UFC 155 payroll figures.

Topping the list was evening headliner Junior dos Santos who took home $400,000.00 for his losing effort against Cain Velasquez.

UFC 155 took place from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Cain Velasquez: $200,000 ($100,000 to show, $100,000 to win)
Junior dos Santos: $400,000

Here are the full list of fighter salaries: http://www.bjpenn.com/salary-report-former-champ-jds-tops-ufc-155-payroll-ufc-news/

So sad that this is all they get.

I realize that most pro athletes make way more than mma fighters, but if they have trouble living on a $20,000 paycheck that they get three times a year then I have zero sympathy for them.

The word on the street is that Byron bloodworth got an 3.2 million dollar shower room bonus from dana.

So sad that this is all they get.

Wow, I haven't missed the ignorance in the fighter pay threads.

The most entry level fighters are making $8,000/$8,000 (plus sponsors, etc). You'll forgive me, I remember arguing with people who were bitching when it was $2,000/$2,000.

The top guys with ME or Co-ME billing are getting a PPV% and salary that dwarfs their published purses (which are disclosed in some states because of archaic laws).

I realize that most pro athletes make way more than mma fighters, but if they have trouble living on a $20,000 paycheck that they get three times a year then I have zero sympathy for them.

Subtract taxes and travel/training expenses and that $20,000 turns into about $5K pretty quick.

don't forget the 42 million dollars he received in backroom bonuses

Im honestly shocked JDS got paid that much, especially since he lost.

JDS got the star treatment it appears from the UFC after he won the belt or after he beat Mir. The GSP's get that base of 400 grand so you can bet on a PPV bonus being on top of that.. Sucks he lost LOL..

Hmmm...I wonder if Dana knows how much klitchsko made in his last fight?

Wow, I haven't missed the ignorance in the fighter pay threads.

The most entry level fighters are making $8,000/$8,000 (plus sponsors, etc). You'll forgive me, I remember arguing with people who were bitching when it was $2,000/$2,000.

The top guys with ME or Co-ME billing are getting a PPV% and salary that dwarfs their published purses (which are disclosed in some states because of archaic laws).

Not all main event fighters get a ppv%

lol 35-40% of that goes to taxes

I would agree with you if they got to keep all that. Bro u have to think about PAYING EVERYONE that helped you get ready for the fight!!!! Training isn't free, it's actually really fucking expensive.

Not all main event fighters get a ppv%

The one's who deserve one do. The one's who don't, or who's contracts haven't come up yet don't.

All these contracts are freely and fairly negotiated. I don't really feel bad for anyone who operates in a free market for their labor and enters into a mutually agreeable contract for services.

I really don't feel bad for anyone who gets paid hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars a year to compete in a sport, or entry level athletes who sign up to do it for less in the hopes of moving up the ladder and earning themselves a big contract.

Back