Safe to say...GSP will never come back

It's a damn shame too. He physically had plenty left but mentally I think he was %50 for those last fights. The PED/TRT issue opened his eyes to the "dirty" aspect of the sport.

WAR Georges!

GSP left at the right time and should not come back because he was declining. Don't get me wrong; he'd still be damn good and probably even the champion, but decline started to show when he came back from the first surgery and showed more and more in all of his last fights. His peak form in my book was 2004-2010.

Besides, the division is just so much more interesting without him

I swear, some of the Sherdog crowd has zoomed past full R*tard and gone straight to potato. GSP was (outside of possibly Silva), the most dominant champ of his era. How many ROUNDS did he lose in championship fights? And BROWN would be a challenge for him?

Yeesh.

Lawler and Brown are easy fights for GSP.
Lombard is almost 40 years old and suspended for ped use.
Hendricks and Condit are tough fights, and I think Maia would be a good one too but I could see how GSP would beat him easily standing.

GSP has no reason to come back. He did it all and is easily considered one of the greatest champions to ever compete in MMA.

TS underestimates GSP so bad that it's almost a bit crazy. The top 15-20 MW's would wreck GSP? Come on. Maia, Brown would beat GSP? Come on.

Having said that, he shouldn't come back. He's achieved everything he ever will, and he IS on the decline physically. He should enjoy his millions of $'s and his legacy. I don't quite understand why he hasn't just announced his retirement, to be honest.

He's past his best, coming back wouldn't mean too much

Although I still think he could compete well, its probably not worth it to him.

GSP beat every fighter he ever fought.

Silva can't say that... even with his roids.

The great Fedor can't say that.

Only GSP can say that.

The dude is 34 years old with multiple issues with his shoulder and especially knees.

He refuses to move up in weight (I think any top 15-20 MW legit wrecks him anyways) and he's already said he wouldn't want to fight Condit again..

I don't see him doing good against Hendricks (terrible match up), Brown (terrible match up as well), Condit (winnable, but will get hurt doing so again), Hector Lombard (would destroy GSP), Maia (could submit him but the safest fight damage wise), won't fight Rory for personal reasons, and Robbie would straight murder him imho.

I actually do miss his dominance on the weight class...but the game has passed him by. He can't physically keep up even if he wanted to, those are just facts.

:icon_sad:

I think you're a little ahead of yourself on that. First and foremost Georges is a competitor, hard for a guy wired like that to just walk off. The next thing is there's only two WW that can really take the fight to him, and I'm pretty sure he beats one of them again. This is for sure, if and when he does come back, he'll have his game put together to beat him. I do have to ask, just what part of the game do you think has passed him by?

I think you're a little ahead of yourself on that. First and foremost Georges is a competitor, hard for a guy wired like that to just walk off. The next thing is there's only two WW that can really take the fight to him, and I'm pretty sure he beats one of them again. This is for sure, if and when he does come back, he'll have his game put together to beat him. I do have to ask, just what part of the game do you think has passed him by?

He's gotta get through Hector, Woodley, Condit, Hendricks and Robbie...thats a murderer row if I've ever seen one.

The age & health are possibly legit, but GSP would still have a real shot at being champ.

Brown would easily get wrestle-f'd by GSP, he's already beaten Condit 50-45, Lombard is suspended for roids (will be close to 39 by the time he's cleared to fight again), Maia would be 38 by the time he fought GSP. The only hard matchups for him would be Hendricks (agreed that Hendricks is a bad style matchup) & Lawler

GSP is done. He beat Hendricks imo but he took a lot of damage. He wants nothing to do with a rematch.

Why would he want to? He's already the GOAT he has nothing left to prove

The guy has had some horrible injuries that leave long term damage let him be

Back