Safe to say...GSP will never come back

I don't think he was scared of ruining his legacy more so than ruining his brain from all the damage.

Taking shots to the face from Diaz, Condit, and Hendricks put him in shock mode.

eh, i don't know about that. he always used to talk about his, "legacy".

of course no one likes getting punched in the face. but if you choose to be a fighter, you sort of have to expect that you're going to get punched in the face. it's about accepting those punches and pushing forward.

gsp fought the point-game after serra made him tap. the was the king of anti-fighting. good riddance.

are you saying gsp wouldnt push foward after getting punched ? lol

Well they're doing stronger drug testing so

The dude is 34 years old with multiple issues with his shoulder and especially knees.

He refuses to move up in weight (I think any top 15-20 MW legit wrecks him anyways) and he's already said he wouldn't want to fight Condit again..

I don't see him doing good against Hendricks (terrible match up), Brown (terrible match up as well), Condit (winnable, but will get hurt doing so again), Hector Lombard (would destroy GSP), Maia (could submit him but the safest fight damage wise), won't fight Rory for personal reasons, and Robbie would straight murder him imho.

I actually do miss his dominance on the weight class...but the game has passed him by. He can't physically keep up even if he wanted to, those are just facts.

:icon_sad:

Even though I agrre with a lot of what ur saying, I can't take you seriously when u call Matt brown a terrible matchup for him.

are you saying gsp wouldnt push foward after getting punched ? lol

i'm saying that his entire game was based around avoiding fighting. yeah, after a fighter made him fight, like his fight with hendricks, he didn't have a choice because gsp couldn't take hendricks down.

it was when he could control where a fight took place, was when he played it safe to win as safely as possible.

I love GSP, but i think he's fine retired.

i'm saying that his entire game was based around avoiding fighting. yeah, after a fighter made him fight, like his fight with hendricks, he didn't have a choice because gsp couldn't take hendricks down.

it was when he could control where a fight took place, was when he played it safe to win as safely as possible.

hey man if you dont like fighting you should probably not be on sherdog

hey man if you dont like fighting you should probably not be on sherdog

He's just a GSP hater.

GSP out worked Hendricks. Hendricks hides his face when in top position, can't pass for shit, didn't go for one sub attempt and was out worked on the feet.

It was shocking to GSP out wrestled and look so pathetic when going for a TD. I had the decision for Hendricks, but after a rewatch GSP out worked him. More sub attempts, move forward more, attacked more. Johnny cut GSP and postured around like a winner because his gas tank sucks.

Rough style match up for GSP, but Hendricks didn't have the gas to finish the job.

I think any top 15-20 MW legit wrecks him anyways.

I don't see him doing good against Hendricks (terrible match up), Brown (terrible match up as well), Condit (winnable, but will get hurt doing so again), Hector Lombard (would destroy GSP), Maia (could submit him but the safest fight damage wise), won't fight Rory for personal reasons, and Robbie would straight murder him imho.

Do you actually believe this mindless dribble?

GSP is too busy.

georges-st-pierre-got-girl-pregnant1-600x272.jpg

Do you actually believe this mindless dribble?

Not trying to flame you, but you're acting really retarded.

What is this mindless dribble you speak of? That Hector Lombard wouldn't wreck GSP? You got to be kidding me.

He only calls Condit the most dangerous because he really wants Condit to win so he could fight a guy who he already 50-45'd easily. He wants nothing to do with Hendricks or Lawler punching him hard in the face. He doesnt like that too much

matt-serra_georges-st-pierre.gif

"Please stop it! Get him off me!"

I think you're right. Overall he handled Condit quite well - even with that great kick Carlos landed.

Hendricks would lose and bitch again. Remember he came out of that fight needing surgery and GSP suffered only cosmetic damage and was doing cartwheels on the beach a week later.

Brown would get taken down and bloodied.

Condit, same thing. Neither Brown or Condit are fighting off their backs when GSP is in constant top control and raining GNP on them.

Lombard would get jabbed till he rages, quits and runs into the fence and loses his mind, then finds Barnett in the crowd and attempts to attack him again. Paulson comes in carrying a mop, follows them around.

Maia isn't doing squat to GSP. He'd gassed quickly considering he's on the recieving end of GSP's take downs, constant jabs and GNP takes it's toll.

Robbie could make it very competitive but I'd still give GSP the edge ending in a 50-45.

Whoever says GSP is boring is a god damn parrot and has never watched his fights. Everyone of his opponents either suffers injury or gets bloodied up.

The man rode off into the sunset. GSP was right not to trust Fritatas and Dana "Goofballs" White. Even BJ Penn mentions it over and over again in his book that neither Dana or Lorenzo cant be trusted or have the fighter's interest at heart.

yea he's already goat along with fedor, so no point

He made his mark and is an MMA legend. Nothing left to prove..

What's the incentive to come back? He'll go down as the greatest WW of all time. No need to ruin his legacy.

wow. looks like GSP got out at the right time. I didn't realize how terrible he was until I read this thread.

GSP can do whatever he puts his mind to, no matter how many of you turds say he can't. That's why he's a legend and you're all hatin.

Back