Safe To Say A Lot Of Us Knew... (Opening the dialogue on Drugs in MMA)

Sure, as a private organization, the UFC has the right to conduct business however the fuck they want.

I agree with the legalize all drugs thing but not this. If drugs were legal, what right would any company have to say what you do with your free time if it doesn't affect your work?

Of course, for the UFC it's different because it's sports and cocaine could be viewed as a PED.

So let me start off by condemning, right off the bat, the people trying to make cheap jokes about the champ when he's down. That's just so God damned low of you guys out there, I can't even begin to describe it. I mean if you think about it you know, this is a man who's more than just the controversial LHW Champ of the world, man. At the end of the day, the guy's a husband, a father, and a son, so I'm gonna ask everyone to act civil here. Secondly, due to Jon's request to respect his privacy, I'm gonna keep this statement short and sweet, guys.

Now that being said, I've got to be honest with you guys, because I think there was the consensus among many of us MMA conosseurs for quite time already that Jon was using illegitimate recreational substances. I mean before my controversial thread, later supplemented with an open letter directed at Jon to come clean, speculating on the possible drug use of Bones was deleted from these very Forums on Sherdog.net (the liberal moderator cited fighter bashing as the reason for the deletion), I identified some worrying trends on the champ's behaviour.

Among these was the tendency of Jon to get totally thrown off by simple comments by his opponents not once but multiple times. Furthermore, I advised Jon to dial down the tough talk before I finally came down to the conclusion, after a lot of research, that external substances were consumed in more than occasion.

Unfortunately, at the time the MMA community was not ready to have this discussion and many of the hardcore fans reacted violently to my, admittedly speculative thread but mark my words, I didn't post that thread light heartedly. My wish, at this moment is that we can start an open dialogue about the use of illegitimate recreational substances at the highest levels of MMA and how it relates not only to the athletes, but the image of the sport and ultimately our young ones who absolutely idolise these men as superheroes and look up to them for example. Guys, let's keep it civil and feel free to discuss openly about this issue.

Is it Sun Tzu all over again?

So let me start off by condemning, right off the bat, the people trying to make cheap jokes about the champ when he's down. That's just so God damned low of you guys out there, I can't even begin to describe it. I mean if you think about it you know, this is a man who's more than just the controversial LHW Champ of the world, man. At the end of the day, the guy's a husband, a father, and a son, so I'm gonna ask everyone to act civil here. Secondly, due to Jon's request to respect his privacy, I'm gonna keep this statement short and sweet, guys.

Now that being said, I've got to be honest with you guys, because I think there was the consensus among many of us MMA conosseurs for quite time already that Jon was using illegitimate recreational substances. I mean before my controversial thread, later supplemented with an open letter directed at Jon to come clean, speculating on the possible drug use of Bones was deleted from these very Forums on Sherdog.net (the liberal moderator cited fighter bashing as the reason for the deletion), I identified some worrying trends on the champ's behaviour.

Among these was the tendency of Jon to get totally thrown off by simple comments by his opponents not once but multiple times. Furthermore, I advised Jon to dial down the tough talk before I finally came down to the conclusion, after a lot of research, that external substances were consumed in more than occasion.

Unfortunately, at the time the MMA community was not ready to have this discussion and many of the hardcore fans reacted violently to my, admittedly speculative thread but mark my words, I didn't post that thread light heartedly. My wish, at this moment is that we can start an open dialogue about the use of illegitimate recreational substances at the highest levels of MMA and how it relates not only to the athletes, but the image of the sport and ultimately our young ones who absolutely idolise these men as superheroes and look up to them for example. Guys, let's keep it civil and feel free to discuss openly about this issue.

I can't believe you aren't banned for all of these troll threads.

Relax dude. He's a big boy. The shit talking comes with the territory.

Shit talking's one thing, bro, and trust me when I say this because I've been in a few heavy duty trash talk situations myself and I've got to say nothing wrong with that, boys are gonna be boys. But when it comes to hard drug infused erratic behaviour which borderline withdrawal meltdowns by the LHW champ of all people, it's about time to have a serious discussion about the hard drug use in the high levels of MMA, man.

Shit talking's one thing, bro, and trust me when I say this because I've been in a few heavy duty trash talk situations myself and I've got to say nothing wrong with that, boys are gonna be boys. But when it comes to hard drug infused erratic behaviour which borderline withdrawal meltdowns, it's about time to have a serious discussion about the hard drug use in the high levels of MMA, man.

All speculation. Nobody on this website knows him personally. It's just a big guessing game.

Cocaine isn't really a hard drug either. It used to be legal back in the day. It's a party drug. It's something that will fuck your career if you're addicted, but so is alcohol.

Nobody is going to make any difference one way or another on the internet.

All speculation. Nobody on this website knows him personally. It's just a big guessing game.

Cocaine isn't really a hard drug either. It used to be legal back in the day. It's a party drug. It's something that will fuck your career if you're addicted, but so is alcohol.

With the recent drug tests I think it's safe to call it a wrap, and I hate to say "I told you so", but I did and the fact remains. While I do admit it was speculative at the time, I did talk to various experts, I got second opinion and a third opinion, trust me, I didn't write what I wrote light heartedly, my man. I did my due diligence, and while yes it was speculative it was an educated, expert backed analysis on the erratic behaviour of the champ.

In all fairness, the signs were there even back when Jonny was in high school.

jon-jones-prom.jpg

Post of the year imo.

With the recent drug tests I think it's safe to call it a wrap, and I hate to say "I told you so", but I did and the fact remains. While I do admit it was speculative at the time, I did talk to various experts, I got second opinion and a third opinion, trust me, I didn't write what I wrote light heartedly, my man. I did my due diligence, and while yes it was speculative it was an educated, expert backed analysis on the erratic behaviour of the champ.

Lol. Okay.

You've never lied or cheated? C'mon now, no need to be stupid.

Absolutely. We're all flawed human beings over here, trying to do our best to get through life, man. No point in calling out the champ on every single thing he's ever done wrong.

Jon Jones famously bragged about snitching on drug dealers and called himself a good guy on the "good side." It's not kicking the guy when he's down to make fun of him, people will always make fun of a hypocrite, almost gleefully so. Some of it's mean, but this was a guy who has been utterly classless for the last few days towards Daniel Cormier, saying he hopes he cries, and defending his gloating by saying he knows DC and his camp would do it (I seriously doubt that) too. Sorry, but when you act like that people just aren't going to let it go, they'll call you out on your fuck ups and mock you for it. And he probably deserves most of it too.

You've never lied or cheated? C'mon now, no need to be stupid.

I think most people have done these things. But most people don't act holier than thou about this stuff like Jon Jones does. You set yourself up to be mocked by acting like you're perfect and better than others in the first place, because when you fall, people will use your own actions against you. I said this in another post, but if you are the guy who famously bragged about being a good guy on the good side because you snitched out drug dealers, you better not get caught snorting coke years later, because everybody will mock you for your hypocrisy. It's not so much that Jones fucked up, we all do, but we aren't all -- some of us probably are -- hypocrites, and he certainly is.

My problem with this whole situation is how hypocritical everyone is from the fans, the media, the UFC brass, and the athletic commission.

Let's start with the fact that Budweiser is the proud sponsor of the UFC that the fighters have to openly promote, wear its logo, and even have open beer bottles placed in front of them at the post fight press conferences. If we are so concerned with image, and role models, and health and safety, then why are UFC fighters promoting a drug that literally kills 2-3 million people world-wide a year??? I mean fighters can post pics of themselves on the internet partying it up drinking a storm and not get any criticism or blow back whatsoever when its already proven that alcohol is one of the most fatal and damaging drugs in the world today???

If we can trust the fighters in the UFC to be responsible alcohol users, then why cant we trust the LHW champion of the world and probably the greatest fighter who's ever lived with that same level of responsibility when it comes to something like cocaine???

If anything, Jon has earned a right to allow himself to have a little fun every once in a while and partake in whatever party adventures he wants to have, especially if its not hurting a single person. Instead, we have to witness this pathetic and dishonest attempt by Jon Jones to pretend as if he's "sorry" about the use of his own free will and to have to be forced into going to rehab so as to help the UFC and himself save face.

Its ridiculous!

The real problem is that we have this incredibly stupid war on drugs that is perpetrated by the prison/industrial complex for profit that has to create egregious and outright lies about the use of drugs and its perceived harmfulness. Its so completely outrageous that marijuana is still considered a schedule 1 drug when it has so many known health benefits, meanwhile cigarettes are allowed to be used legally and it kills 10 million people world wide a year. 10 million people!

Our human bodies is the world's largest and most complex pharmacy in the world. We are literally a living, breathing, walking chemistry set, where everything we put into our bodies interacts and changes the biochemical and physiological processes of our bodies. Everything from the foods we eat, to even the drugs we consume. There isn't a single person that can free them selves from this complex interchange of chemicals that goes on in our bodies on a daily basis. The physiological process of drinking a soda, to having a beer, snorting some coke, to eating a piece of fruit is one that occurs naturally, and its only arbitrary to say that we can allow one to occur, but not the other. The truth is, there isn't a single person who is "drug free" period. The futile attempts by governments and society to try and impose such an idea is down right totalitarian and is a more egregious crime to commit against humanity than anything else.

And I'm not even a Jon Jones fan!

... if you are the guy who famously bragged about being a good guy on the good side because you snitched out drug dealers, you better not get caught snorting coke years later, because everybody will mock you for your hypocrisy. It's not so much that Jones fucked up, we all do, but we aren't all -- some of us probably are -- hypocrites, and he certainly is.

On the other hand, 100% of the profits collected from cocaine distribution go directly to social programs for the most vulnerable people in our communities, such as orphans and unemployed intellectual wordsmiths. It's not like the manufacturer and distribution of cocaine is controlled by violent criminal enterprises. So it's actually kind of noble of Jon in a way.

And maybe Rampage wasn't just on energy drinks when he ran over that pregnant lady and led a police chase in California driving his monster truck.

What are hard drugs then, if cocaine isnt put into that category.

Seems GSP got ridiculed on this forum for bringing this up...

What do you mean not kicking him when he's down? It's not like he's suffering from cancer or a family member got killed. He took cocaine. I don't see how he's "down". He fucked up, he made his bed and now he has to lie in it. Being addicted to pain killers like some fighers have been I would say is being "down" as you could get addicted by accident or if you're experiencing too much pain. Cocaine you take because you want to have a good time.

So, I wouldn't say that he's down at all. He messed up and it's OK to make fun of him. However, it seems like people are really taking this too seriously. A lot of people have taken cocaine and you don't turn into a drug addict after the first line. It's kind of hilarious how offended some people seemingly are when there are so many worse things like disrespecting opponents or open palm against the opponent's face.

Back