Safe To Say A Lot Of Us Knew... (Opening the dialogue on Drugs in MMA)

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Hammurabi, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Purple Belt

So let me start off by condemning, right off the bat, the people trying to make cheap jokes about the champ when he's down. That's just so God damned low of you guys out there, I can't even begin to describe it. I mean if you think about it you know, this is a man who's more than just the controversial LHW Champ of the world, man. At the end of the day, the guy's a husband, a father, and a son, so I'm gonna ask everyone to act civil here. Secondly, due to Jon's request to respect his privacy, I'm gonna keep this statement short and sweet, guys.

Now that being said, I've got to be honest with you guys, because I think there was the consensus among many of us MMA conosseurs for quite time already that Jon was using illegitimate recreational substances. I mean before my controversial thread, later supplemented with an open letter directed at Jon to come clean, speculating on the possible drug use of Bones was deleted from these very Forums on Sherdog.net (the liberal moderator cited fighter bashing as the reason for the deletion), I identified some worrying trends on the champ's behaviour.

Among these was the tendency of Jon to get totally thrown off by simple comments by his opponents not once but multiple times. Furthermore, I advised Jon to dial down the tough talk before I finally came down to the conclusion, after a lot of research, that external substances were consumed in more than occasion.

Unfortunately, at the time the MMA community was not ready to have this discussion and many of the hardcore fans reacted violently to my, admittedly speculative thread but mark my words, I didn't post that thread light heartedly. My wish, at this moment is that we can start an open dialogue about the use of illegitimate recreational substances at the highest levels of MMA and how it relates not only to the athletes, but the image of the sport and ultimately our young ones who absolutely idolise these men as superheroes and look up to them for example. Guys, let's keep it civil and feel free to discuss openly about this issue.

2. Versatile

Versatile Blue Belt

not surprisingly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. GrewUpSlapBoxin

GrewUpSlapBoxin Purple Belt

It all makes sense now, i may actually have been a Jon Jones fan if he liked weed instead of the confidence powder.

4. LIL_GUY

LIL_GUY Chrome Truck Nuts Belt

What is this, 'Heathers' and you're the counselor at the high school discussing Jon Jones instead of suicide?!

5. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Purple Belt

Doesn't it? Unfortunately it became clear a long time ago that Jon wasn't completely "clean" in that sense of the word. I've got to commend Uncle Dana for doing his best at damage control, and to be completely honest with you guys, I wouldn't blame him for covering up the whole thing. Yeah, I said it.

6. Mob69

Mob69 Black Belt

Good job being on top of this. Shame you weren't listened to. Honestly, I didn't know anything about this; but then again I'm admittedly very naive when it comes to drugs/spotting drug usage, as I have never done them.

This certainly helps to explain Jones's highly erratic behaviour over the last 2-3 years. I always thought it was an act (a bad one). It seems that there is more to it.

From a business/commercial perspective, after the fight, his comments, and now the coke being the final unmasking of his hypocrisy, Jones is set up to be the ultimate heel. Of course, he'll probably come out of rehab, try to milk sympathy (badly) and do a botched babyface turn - rather than embracing what he is.

7. NoContest

NoContest Brown Belt

I actually think he might be a nice guy but coke made him unlikeable. Have you seen people on coke? They're horrible.

8. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Purple Belt

Absolutely. It definitely was not an act whatsoever. Here's the infamous footage, where a lot of people were speculating whether Jones was possible drunk. Now we don't know for a fact what type of substances were in Jon's system during or right before that event, but I think there's definitely some room for questions to be asked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka-DKXIaL0M

9. Chris John

Chris John He's got festing black lungs.

He's not a husband, he's living in SIN

10. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Purple Belt

There's no denying the effects that coke has on a human being, no question whatsoever, my man.

11. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

It's their minds and bodies. Their lives, their careers. If they choose to use recreational drugs, that's their business. It should be a human right to have sovereignty over one's own consciousness.

12. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Purple Belt

Absolutely! 100%. That being said, an organization like the UFC has all the right to decide on their hiring and firing policies. Now, I'm not saying UFC should fire Jon whatsoever, but they need to step up their game right about now to clean up the sport of hard recreational drugs.

13. DrRodentia

DrRodentia Purple Belt

Who am I to argue with an intellectual and a wordsmith?

14. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

Sure, as a private organization, the UFC has the right to conduct business however the fuck they want.

15. Vegesus44

Vegesus44 Black Belt

Dudes a lair and a cheat, why would anyone support such a human?

16. MartyMcFry

MartyMcFry Brown Belt

Truth. You only need to look at that to realize he was fake from the beginning as he claimed he was glorifying Christ all along.

17. Tuf_guy

Tuf_guy Silver Belt

In all fairness, the signs were there even back when Jonny was in high school.

[​IMG]

18. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

hahahahh

19. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Purple Belt

The purpose of this thread is not to kick a man when he's down, son. Let's keep it constructive, my man.

20. Kaffebaggel

Kaffebaggel Green Belt

Legit lol! Had not seen that picture in the present context before. Kudos!