Safe To Say A Lot Of Us Knew... (Opening the dialogue on Drugs in MMA)

what kind of ramifications?

You caught me. To be honest I don't rightly know. I'm assuming fines, loss of endorsement deals, etc? but I'm not too familiar with the way it works in other organizations.. And if I'm incorrect and there aren't any ramifications in any organization, why the hell is the drug illegal or why won't they discipline their workers?

I guess it opens up an even more broad topic of why anyone who does cocaine, etc. isn't thrown in jail or something of that nature if it is so illegal? Seems strange to me, always has.

DC was doing trashtalking and they both got offended by nothing so this is not a point. Jones is a drug abuser and thats the point, stay focused TS

If in fact Jon Jones is actually addicted to cocaine, then he is in for the fight of his life. I personally can't help but feel for the guy. I wish him good luck during his recovery process, and look forward to a sober Jones return to competition.

That being said, Jones needs to be reprimanded. At least a 6 month suspension, and pending the results of his post fight test, possibly turning the DC win to a NC.

I have lost loved ones and friends to addiction. It's no fun having a "ringside seat" watching someone you love destroy themselves. Good luck Bones,God bless you going forward.

he didnt have a problem kicking incredulous marvelous ridiculous fabulous Daniel Cormier when he was down so why should he be shown mercy?

Well, I'm not saying that makes it open season - but, I certainly understand if folks feel there is no room for mercy when he was saying things like he hopes DC is crying in a corner somewhere. Well after the fight was over and he had time to calm down.

Well, I'm not saying that makes it open season - but, I certainly understand if folks feel there is no room for mercy when he was saying things like he hopes DC is crying in a corner somewhere. Well after the fight was over and he had time to calm down.

Aren't we "supposed" to be better human beings though? It's one thing to show unsportsmanlike conduct, it's another to mock someone who is struggling with a potential life threatening addiction.....I love to bust on Jones, only in this situation, IMO, it shows less class and humanity then anything Jones has ever said.

Aren't we "supposed" to be better human beings though? It's one thing to show unsportsmanlike conduct, it's another to mock someone who is struggling with a potential life threatening addiction.....I love to bust on Jones, only in this situation, IMO, it shows less class and humanity then anything Jones has ever said.

Supposed to, yes. But we are just human, and really struggles are relative. This could be a minor issue for Jon, whereas maybe his first mma loss was a huge thing for DC.

I don't think just because of the nature of the situation that Jon deserves a completely free pass. I don't think he should lose his job, I don't think he should be stripped of the title, and I've made it clear that even though I've made some jokes that I hope Jon gets things sorted out, and I've even posted in the 'berry here trying to use this situation to help others (pointing out even someone who seems like they have their shit together can stumble, also) ... but I do feel some consequences are appropriate. And if some jokes on the internet about his hypocrisy is the extent of those consequences, man, he's getting off easy.

most people knew what he was up to when he crashed his car into a pole completed wasted. not to mention the two young sluts he had in the back

Supposed to, yes. But we are just human, and really struggles are relative. This could be a minor issue for Jon, whereas maybe his first mma loss was a huge thing for DC.

I don't think just because of the nature of the situation that Jon deserves a completely free pass. I don't think he should lose his job, I don't think he should be stripped of the title, and I've made it clear that even though I've made some jokes that I hope Jon gets things sorted out, and I've even posted in the 'berry here trying to use this situation to help others (pointing out even someone who seems like they have their shit together can stumble, also) ... but I do feel some consequences are appropriate. And if some jokes on the internet about his hypocrisy is the extent of those consequences, man, he's getting off easy.

True. I also took some cheap shots at the champ when the news broke yesterday. I laughed at some of the gifs, and made a few coke jokes.....In the end, this is Jons "human drama" playing out before our eyes. "IF", Jones does in fact have a serious issue with cocaine/and or other addictive chemicals, gifs,jokes,getting stripped,fired,are truly the least of his worries. Addiction kills people, and many times before it kills, it makes the users life a living Hell.

Alcohol is one of the worst drugs on the planet and poses more public safety problems than one can count. The lowered inhibitions and aggressive inducing behaviors lead to fights, unprotected sex, unwanted pregnancy, drunk drivings, accidents, deaths, medical bills to individuals, private carriers, and the state, addiction, poor impulse control, ais one of the few drugs that can kill you when going thru withdrawal, and etc, etc, etc. There is no good reason it ever shoudl have been legalized let alone a good reason compared to most other drugs.

Alcohol Remains a Leading Killer
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/0...g-killer/?_r=0

You see that's just misleading plain and simple. Let me get just little bit scientific on you because I think you're branding alcohol as one of the "worst drugs" without a single mention of dosage sizes, bro. And herein lies the big fallacy when it comes to demonising alcohol, my man. You see, what you conveniently fail to mention here is that pretty much ALL of those problems occur when people keep abusing alcohol to a point where they continuously put more of that substance into their body HOURS after the initial effects kick in! Yes, there are people who are over sensitive to alcohol or predisposed for alcoholism but a broad majority of the incidents you mention come from people who simply ABUSE alcohol.

Lol. None of you want to know what it's really like. It absolutely ruins the sport for you as a fan. I honestly hardly care to watch MMA anymore because I see the vitriol and politics that plague this sport from the day fighters step into a gym to the day they decide to walk away.

MMA is sausage. You don't want to know how it's made. Trust me. If you don't know why you can trust me, ask another Sherdogger, cuz I get enough crap for bringing up what I do too often as is.

Lol. None of you want to know what it's really like. It absolutely ruins the sport for you as a fan. I honestly hardly care to watch MMA anymore because I see the vitriol and politics that plague this sport from the day fighters step into a gym to the day they decide to walk away.

MMA is sausage. You don't want to know how it's made. Trust me. If you don't know why you can trust me, ask another Sherdogger, cuz I get enough crap for bringing up what I do too often as is.

Oh I know what's going on, bro. I know more than well, my man, don't you worry about that. In fact, I've exposed more than one issue modern MMA has developed while growing up to where it is now.

This certainly helps to explain Jones's highly erratic behaviour over the last 2-3 years. I always thought it was an act (a bad one). It seems that there is more to it.
Not a bad hypothesis. Of course, you will still have blind Jones apologists trying to make excuses for everything he does. I liked when they tried to rationalize him winging punches at DC in front of the media because he got shoved. As if nobody has ever gotten fucking shoved at weigh-ins? lol.

"OMG BUT DC SHOVED HIS NECK HES SO MEEEEN!!!1"

Not a bad hypothesis. Of course, you will still have blind Jones apologists trying to make excuses for everything he does. I liked when they tried to rationalize him winging punches at DC in front of the media because he got shoved. As if nobody has ever gotten fucking shoved at weigh-ins? lol.

I always felt it was a bad act too.... but have also noted a few times he seems like a baby-of-the-family with an oddly passive-aggressive anger issue. A cocaine addiction could account for some of that. I just never really thought an addiction was a possibility with Jones.

It seems like most of these people who thought Jones was "playing the heel", have come to the realisation that it's not in fact true, according to my other thread, meaning I think even the most BLIND nut huggers are beginning to understand what's REALLY going on.

People were orchestrating mass movement to fire jones because of low T/E levels and they were sure that he was using PEDS. CIR tests show that he is clean. The burden of proof or what

People were orchestrating mass movement to fire jones because of low T/E levels and they were sure that he was using PEDS. CIR tests show that he is clean. The burden of proof or what

Oh this thread is solely discussing the cocaine incident, not Performance Enhancing Drugs. Sorry about the confusion, bro.

while i was happy to see your thread contained 1 of yer famous "as i have told you before bros" lines,

i am very disappointed you could not work Sun Tzu in the OP....

please edit.

Who am I to argue with an intellectual and a wordsmith?

good question, but you forgot history buff.

and the answer is....

you are no one. none of us are.

there is only Hammurabi and Sun Tzu.

Back