Saenchai willing to fight McGregor

nakmuayw

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So I came across this on Lawrence Kenshins FB, I find it hard to believe this would be a reality at any point but...

Thoughts?

Like he could demand anything. lmao

post this thread in the heavys and see shit go down.

I posted this in the heavy's, everybody's like "who?"

Buncha ignoramuses.

Would be amazing to see Saenchai fight in MMA. The guys at 135/145 wouldn't have a god damn clue what they'd be in for.

Also, how did you post an image of the Facebook post?

Like he could demand anything. lmao

post this thread in the heavys and see shit go down.
Lol, I did.

They just don't have a clue about him.

Foolishly posted it because I thought it was interesting news, it is for me anyway.

Last edited:
Sources close to Shadess say he is willing to fight McGregor. The same source also says Shadess denies any allegations of planning to tap to first sign of any strike coming his way possibly screaming like a little girl at the same time.

Stay tuned for more information to be released soon.

UFC can find someone other than Saenchai for McGregor to fight if they need to.

this has to be the biggest bullshit ever! I can promise saenchai has no clue who gsp is or that their is even a gym somewhere in the world named tristar.

BREAKING!!! A fighter is willing to fight another fighter. I'm not actually saying anywhere it's happening but BREAKING!!! BREAKING!!!

this has to be the biggest bullshit ever! I can promise saenchai has no clue who gsp is or that their is even a gym somewhere in the world named tristar.

You are wrong, multiple members of Tristar gym have visited 13 Coins

And yes I know he has his own gym now, but they visited back in the day I would imagine he would remember at least certain people there (maybe not the name of the gym lol but the people themselves)

You are wrong, multiple members of Tristar gym have visited 13 Coins
and you somehow think saenchai who speaks a different language and can't read english is going to somehow remember that? For the last 10 years he sees a pack of foreign fighters come and go every week so you have to make one hell of an impression on him if he is going to remember you

I'd be down for it. Not to fight McGregor, but just a go at MMA.

This could all be BS. Someone could have asked him about MMA and he said he was interested just to be polite.

and you somehow think saenchai who speaks a different language and can't read english is going to somehow remember that? For the last 10 years he sees a pack of foreign fighters come and go every week so you have to make one hell of an impression on him if he is going to remember you
I suppose you may be correct? I was there for years so he remembers me, I do have a feeling he would remember some people though. Couple of tristar members have even been to his house in Isaan for a birthday party, doubt he'd forget that. Also at the old one ring gym at 13 Coins there weren't as many foreigners training. Than again who knows if they are even still at Tristar?

Its unfortunate they didn't start this process sooner though, they had an opportunity to try and bring Saenchai over years ago and instead they brought over Kru Yod (from Dragon) and I believe Lamsongkran (shortly after one their coaches visited 13 Coins).

This could all be BS. Someone could have asked him about MMA and he said he was interested just to be polite.

Exactly my thought, someone mentions McGregor, Saenchai responds he would go for any guy. Nothing to it most likely but I thought it would make for an interesting topic.

Yeah totally possible or he's not scared and would do it for good money. I mean how long is he going to spend in Canada? Is he going to be able to bring his whole family over? Otherwise he'd have to go to an mma gym in Thailand.

Damn that is so strange,but i am pretty sure is never happen,Saenchai is so tricky fast and smart striker,and even at his age he could have 2 or 3 years on a MMA career,but he could have training at least a year on the rules,defense on takedowns and Bjj to defend himself on the ground,but i dont believe it is going to happen.

mma promoters would pay good money to have saenchai?
sounds like small talk blown out of proportion.

Damn that is so strange,but i am pretty sure is never happen,Saenchai is so tricky fast and smart striker,and even at his age he could have 2 or 3 years on a MMA career,but he could have training at least a year on the rules,defense on takedowns and Bjj to defend himself on the ground,but i dont believe it is going to happen.
There was an MMA program at 13 Coins for a while but he didn't seem too interested from what I could tell but he was busy fighting. I wouldnt be surprised if he learned a little bit but he would essentially be a beginner. If this is true I could see it being more so "Id fight Mcregor for the money" than him making a career out of it (perfect match up for him if Mcgregor tries his hand in the stand up department).

Last edited:
yea saenchai is kind of lazy these days just enjoying life. he definitely hasn't been training bjj or wrestling what so ever. Plus he would not go to tristar he would go to evolve mma. It isn't a bad idea for him to go as he can get a trainers salary of 5k a month while training mma. could see him becoming a champ for one fc in around 2 years. You probably wouldn't even need to hand pick his opponents in one fc either

Saenchai a bit small for Conor. Conor moved up to 155lbs and I hear he actually stands around 80kg and is good a cutting weight. Kinda like a western Petboonchu. Conor no longer fights at 145lbs and even 145lbs is a bit big for Saenchai not that it will make any difference because Saenchai will make Conor look silly if the fight doesnt go to the ground.

I've been hearing a lot of talk about Thai's competing in MMA recently. I saw this article about 2016 being a breakout year for Thai's in MMA: http://www.thefightnation.com/why-2016-will-be-a-breakout-year-for-mma-in-thailand/ and I think Evolve gym are trying to push Thai's into competing. The best thing about Saenchai fighting in MMA if this is true is that it may open doors to other Thai's. Many Thai's don't compete in MMA because of a lack of knowledge and interest but I assure you when that door opens and if they train right they will take over the lighter weight classes. But this is most likely just talk and it probably wont happen.

Back