S&Per's can make $ as fat personal trainers

PariahCarey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I got about 20 clients now. The whole posterior chain training, training the core heavy style that i learned here translates really well to body compostion and improving performance goals of regular people. Anybody has any questions on how to earn $ just ask. I'm not an expert, I'm 5'10 270lbs, and am still progressing as an amatuer strength enthusiast but the $ is there...

I was wondering what the hell happened to you. Are you still training old folks in cramped condos?

Would increasing my gut size result in bigger $?

I was wondering what the hell happened to you. Are you still training old folks in cramped condos?
I am training people in that same co-op. My first 2 clients were old...but after that came all ages, sizes, and shapes. I've been there over a year now have 14 clients at that place. I was just really busy for a long time, so i just lurk every now and again. I started working 1day/week in a nautilus gym for $10/hr 2 years ago and now have my own business. Besides working at the co-op at night 4 days a week, I rent space in a private upscale gym for $15/head where i train a few people in the mornings on those same days. I owe alot of it to S&P. Really what you guys know, hypertrophy/body compostion training is easy, and when you get results people will not give you up no matter how bad the economy is.

Would increasing my gut size result in bigger $?
Well, there sseems to be alot of hate on fat personal trainers. I'm just saying that being fat isn't bad as long as you are big and fat. Other trainers can't understand why my clients love me so much...but people love to hear the Carnal CBHisms...they respect the honesty of it...they learn to trust you.

Glad to hear you're doing good and spreading the word that pink dumbells don't make you tone.

Thanks Bacon. I appreciate that. I'm not much of a joiner of churches and bandwagons but i have alot of respect for you guys and still like it here.

They do. I'm eating alot cleaner than i used too, but i'm still eating alot and on Monday i had 2 4packs (2poptarts in a pak) of poptarts and a gallon of milk. I still celebrate 4/20 daily ya know.

so what style are you training them in? ripptoes or just doing the big 3 compound lifts and not stupid stupid exercises like curls and using machines no matter what your goals are? im thinking about becoming a personal trainer for my gym and know more about how to get bigger/strong/gaining weight since that is what i went through.

Glad to hear Pariah, keep spreading teh gospel!

So farhow many clients of yours do you readily show when people ask for a client portfolio?

so what style are you training them in? ripptoes or just doing the big 3 compound lifts and not stupid stupid exercises like curls and using machines no matter what your goals are? im thinking about becoming a personal trainer for my gym and know more about how to get bigger/strong/gaining weight since that is what i went through.

I start them out working there posterior chain (some type of squat or deadlift variant), then a posterior chain assistance lift, then some heavy core work, then upperbody last. Total body work-out in 30 minutes for most clients. A warm-up (some type of bridge or something to fire up their ass), 2 sets of everything, a few stretches next client. I'm always changing the specific exercise or adding variations to keep things interesting.

For some clients its taken me 6 months to be able to get them to do 1 proper BW squat. Some clinets squat better than me. Just remedializing the BW variants of these exercises is a work-out for some.

how much do you make a week? how much is rent?
I make about 3k+ a month mostly clean. I charge $350 for 10 half-hour sessions which is dirt cheap for NYC. The co-op only charges me $5/head rent. It works for them cause the money they get goes into maintaining their spartan gym and they don't have to devote maintenance fees to it. The upscale place i work at in the morning charges $15/head. I only work four days/week. M,T,Th,Fr...mornings and evenings are a personal trainers hours. During the day i sleep and smoke/eat and train myself. I'm off Wed,Sat,Sun. I could make more $ but i'm a bit of a lazy pothead. I use my homephone for taking appointments, bought an appointment book which i carry with me...

So farhow many clients of yours do you readily show when people ask for a client portfolio?
I don't have a client portfolio, a website, a biz card(although i'm working on that), not even a cell phone.

The upside to working in a closed system like a co-op is word will spread fast. I totally transformed this one 33yo housewife...she now has a perfect butt and lost 20lbs as well as being stronger and more athletic...the morning biz i built up by working at a nautilus place for $10-$12/hr and making some converts there. Once your certifed and insured alot of these McPersonal Training places need people to fill in. The trainers there are so horribly awful that i knew right away i was miles ahead of them jusst from hanging in S&P for 2005 and smoking up for a few hours late at night. I don't believe i'm that great a trainer. But seeing the amount of ones that are out there that suck so bad is what gave me my confidence. Also i'm not afraid to communicate with people and alot of the really good trainers have major attitudes/are a-holes and can't understand why people don't stick with them.

Thanks Lust and Ghostwipe. Its cause of guys like you and the rest of S&P i'm earning $ today.

I'm glad to hear that everything turned out so well for you, PariahCarey!

Back