• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

S&P Frauds Through the Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eric Brown case is crazy. He was a legit imposter, and he decided to create a internet persona and his own forum. I have no idea why, like how much money can you make on a internet forum?
And honestly he was super nice and always responded to my lifting questions. I even used his training program with great success. It was such a mindfuck when I found out.
He used to go crazy on the poster Ripskater. Ripskater was all about that Marinovich stuff iirc. Not lifting heavy weights at all. Eric Brown would flip out on him.

He used to go crazy on the poster Ripskater. Ripskater was all about that Marinovich stuff iirc. Not lifting heavy weights at all. Eric Brown would flip out on him.

Ripskater bought into all the meme exercises and pseudoscience. That guy was a kook and his posts were hilariously ignorant. I found him harmless but he could not be reasoned with.

I don't know if you guys were around when Naudi Aguilar came knocking at F13's door. He was promptly torn a new one, it was great.

You guys ever see Tom Haviland on Instagram?
Absolute beast but I can’t help but think all the numbers he posts are exaggerated

It's weird when people come on a forum and lie/embellish about something as simple as the hobby of lifting weights.

That's not weird. Strength is a trait that men applaud. Not saying it is the way to go, but it isn't weird. People have lied in person to me, countless times, about how strong they are or how strong some dude they know from somewhere is. I even know a couple kids, great kids, who either didn't know what constituted a one-armed pull-up or were lying to me about their ability to do them.

That's not weird. Strength is a trait that men applaud. Not saying it is the way to go, but it isn't weird. People have lied in person to me, countless times, about how strong they are or how strong some dude they know from somewhere is. I even know a couple kids, great kids, who either didn't know what constituted a one-armed pull-up or were lying to me about their ability to do them.
I almost understand lying in person more, tbh.

But lying to random strangers online who you’ll never meet? Who gives a fuck lol. I guess it’s just easier to do and harder to call bullshit on.

There is absolutely zero bullshit coming from me. I can go outside right now at this very moment and put up exactly 1285 on the three power lifts on video. I asked if y'all wanted to do an online meet and there was no interest except somebody saying I needed to offer money(which I didn't say I would not). The offer is open though anytime y'all want.

Until then ill let y'all chirp chirp chirp away.

There is absolutely zero bullshit coming from me. I can go outside right now at this very moment and put up exactly 1285 on the three power lifts on video. I asked if y'all wanted to do an online meet and there was no interest except somebody saying I needed to offer money(which I didn't say I would not). The offer is open though anytime y'all want.

This man is a legend. Might be the most entertaining person the s&p has ever seen.

Last edited:
Is this Eric Brown the same guy who wrote articles for T-Nation? Or is it just a case of two guys sharing a common name?

I almost understand lying in person more, tbh.

But lying to random strangers online who you’ll never meet? Who gives a fuck lol. I guess it’s just easier to do and harder to call bullshit on.
On reddit there are numerous examples of people being busted stealing someone's pics or stories and posting them as if it was original content. I guess they get a dopamine rush from the upvotes, the comments?

Is this Eric Brown the same guy who wrote articles for T-Nation? Or is it just a case of two guys sharing a common name?
I'm not sure. I recall his scam was fairly involved and he was active in a few places. His real name was Eric Anthony Midkiff and he certainly didn't look like he spent much time powerlifting.

Eric-Anthony-Midkiff-mugshot-38113365.400x800.jpg

I'm not sure. I recall his scam was fairly involved and he was active in a few places. His real name was Eric Anthony Midkiff and he certainly didn't look like he spent much time powerlifting.

Wow. Wonder if it was the same guy. The guy on T-Nation seemed to be fairly knowledgeable, though I only skimmed his articles.

Guess he wasn't the same person, at least, not according to him. I searched through the Sherdog thread on him and I guess that was his story.

Just shut us up like you always like to say, bro.

You’ve had literal years to do it.

I wouldn’t make fun of your success, I make fun of your bullshit. If you pulled 600, I’d say nice work.

This man is a legend. Might be the most entertaining person the s&p has ever seen.

He is 100% the best. Kyle Pully, Waloo, and a bunch of the others have vanished, @pokerandbeer strong as ever doubling down every chance he gets. HoF.

I think the keyboard is malfunctioning, definitely spotted that yellow name down below in a few threads yesterday.
He was online when I made my post.

How does someone go from being such a loudmouth dick to everyone to just complete silence/ignoring the subforum? I’m still hoping for the monster total option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back