Law S. Dakota governor threatens Native Tribes , demands they remove checkpoints

Yes you are, but you also enjoy positive discrimination by employers and society, and have a higher change of receiving the benefit of the doubt while Blacks and Native looking Hispanics are less likely to ebjoy this.

You might get hired by an employer because he prefers White employees or someone who is not Black or Native. Society is discriminatory. Things are a lot better than back in the 60s and 70s, but discrimination did not vanish, a lot of it just went underground and people became smarter in how they discriminate.

No company that has ever hired me has been convicted of racial discrimination favoring whites. Nor has the state government agency I used to work for. So you can cut your bullshit about me enjoying the benefits of racial discrimination in employment.

If the white % is decreasing, is there any reason to think it isn't going to continue? Seems like the whites and Natives share the same problem, just on different timelines.
It is not remotely comparable. Just because the White % is lower now (than the 60s) does not mean it is low. You also have to keep in mind that Whites are the overwhelming majority in Europe, are the majority in Canada, Australia , NZ, Argentina, Chile and Uruguay and have significant numbers in other South Americanc countries. So how does the Native situation in America remotely compare to Whites?

Its more clear cut for college admissions than for jobs.

That creates a paradoxical problem though. Many parents work hard so that they can have more money so that they can provide a better quality of life for their kids than their kids would if they didn't work as hard. College admission policies that make it harder for their kids to have a good quality of life would undermine the value of working hard to provide a good life for one's kids. And this is only WRT academia. The problem would be far worse if implemented in the workforce.

No company that has ever hired me has been convicted of racial discrimination favoring whites. Nor has the state government agency I used to work for. So you can cut your bullshit about me enjoying the benefits of racial discrimination in employment.

As if most small business are stupid enough to actually say it. But you missed the point, which is that you may or may not have personally been hired for being White, but that does not mean others haven't.

I'm sure the gun-toting conservatives will be around shortly to defend the rights of Natives being infringed on by the State

giphy.gif

I’m the biggest conservative on this forum and I have no problem with what they are doing. If it’s their land, it’s their right.

Got any other dumb assumptions you need disproven, or are you tired of the taste of your own foot?

So you guys deflecting still want to keep deflecting and avoid having to respond to the O.P. ?

As if most small business are stupid enough to actually say it. But you missed the point, which is that you may or may not have personally been hired for being White, but that does not mean others haven't.

So you're going to charge the people who have hired me with being not only racist in thought, but also racist in deed. Those are serious charges. Can you present your evidence?

So you're going to charge the people who have hired me with being not only racist in thought, but also racist in deed. Those are serious charges. Can you present your evidence?

Are you trying to claim that discrimination by employers vanished after the Civil Rights Act ? Isn't this like claiming that racism ended when Obama was elected?

Have you actually got anything to comment about the O.P., you know about the Gov. demanding the Tribes open up ?

Are you trying to claim that discrimination by employers vanished after the Civil Rights Act ? Isn't this like claiming that racism ended when Obama was elected?

Why do you keep obfuscating with these ridiculous questions? You said I've benefited from racial discrimination in employment. Post your evidence that my employers were racist against minorities or concede that you're talking out of your ass.

This is what you admitted to voting for.
Are you still trying to troll ?

I admitted to what exactly?

I said I did not vote for Trump and this is correct.

When you ask someone who they voted for, or if they tell you they did not vote for Trump, no one is going to think the context is a Sherdog poll. Everyone know the context is the actual election.
But you are trolling , so not going to bother with you. So you can keep arguing with yourself from here on.

Why do you keep obfuscating with these ridiculous questions? You said I've benefited from racial discrimination in employment. Post your evidence that my employers were racist against minorities or concede that you're talking out of your ass.
Statistically it's quite probable.
www.rewire.org/harder-white-men-get-hired/amp/
https://www.hbr.org/amp/2017/10/hir...st-black-americans-hasnt-declined-in-25-years
https://www.themarshallproject.org/2018/11/13/the-inspiring-life-and-career-of-devah-pager

Are you still trying to troll ?

I admitted to what exactly?

I said I did not vote for Trump and this is correct.

When you ask someone who they voted for, or if they tell you they did not vote for Trump, no one is going to think the context is a Sherdog poll. Everyone know the context is the actual election.
But you are trolling , so not going to bother with you. So you can keep arguing with yourself from here on.
I mean you keep blaming Trump and yet you admitted to voting for him.

This is what I said:
Yes you are, but you also enjoy positive discrimination by employers and society, and have a higher change of receiving the benefit of the doubt while Blacks and Native looking Hispanics are less likely to ebjoy this.

You might get hired by an employer because he prefers White employees or someone who is not Black or Native. Society is discriminatory. Things are a lot better than back in the 60s and 70s, but discrimination did not vanish, a lot of it just went underground and people became smarter in how they discriminate.

which was in response to this comment by you
I'm not ignoring anything. I'm a white male. If I apply for a job and am disadvantaged vis a vis minority applicants for being white, then the institution that makes the hiring decision is engaging in racial discrimination against me.

-

Since you mentioned you as a "White Male" , my reply applied to you as a "White Male" . Did you really think I was talking about just you the individual and not the White Male demographic, since you are the one who actually mentioend "White male" .

---

And still nothing on the actual thread topic.

I assume he would consider Hungarians living in Hungary to be indigenous.
At what point would you consider people to be indigenous? Over 1100 years living in the same place? No genetic heritage remaining of the original settlers? Adopting local customs, religions, alphabet?

Unfortunately for you the federal highway will take precedence
Adult world and all

Atleast you are actually responding to the O.P.

On Sunday, a bipartisan group of South Dakota legislators whose districts include tribal lands said in a letter to Noem, "Your statement that Tribal governments do not possess the ability to establish checkpoints within the boundaries of their homelands is not accurate."

They said that the Fort Laramie Treaties of 1851 and 1868 gave tribes such powers. The legislators also said a 1990 opinion by the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals said the state has no jurisdiction over highways running through Native American land without tribal consent.

So these folks are not living in the Adult world?

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...-between-south-dakota-governor-tribal-leaders

This is what I said:

which was in response to this comment by you
I'm not ignoring anything. I'm a white male. If I apply for a job and am disadvantaged vis a vis minority applicants for being white, then the institution that makes the hiring decision is engaging in racial discrimination against me.

-

Since you mentioned you as a "White Male" , my reply applied to you as a "White Male" . Did you really think I was talking about just you the individual and not the White Male demographic, since you are the one who actually mentioend "White male" .

---

And still nothing on the actual thread topic.

You said I enjoy the benefits of racial discrimination in employment. Do you think I am synonymous with 'white America'?

Your argument is that (white) individuals should be treated unfavorably for being white because of the bad things other individuals (also white?) do. By that logic, (assuming you think reducing murder is a good cause), police should stop and frisk blacks individuals. Blacks commit murder at a much higher rate than whites, and most guns used in crime are illegally possessed, so why not disadvantage black individuals in their pursuits of happiness by having law enforcement checking them for illegal firearms? Just as you claim most discrimination by employers is done "covertly", isn't most illegal carrying of firearms done covertly? Do most people who carry an illegal firearm open carry?

It is not remotely comparable. Just because the White % is lower now (than the 60s) does not mean it is low. You also have to keep in mind that Whites are the overwhelming majority in Europe, are the majority in Canada, Australia , NZ, Argentina, Chile and Uruguay and have significant numbers in other South Americanc countries. So how does the Native situation in America remotely compare to Whites?

But you can follow a trend and extrapolate, right?
Are Native American populations even declining? I honestly don't know. It may be the case that you can extrapolate and find that whites will go extinct before natives.

That creates a paradoxical problem though. Many parents work hard so that they can have more money so that they can provide a better quality of life for their kids than their kids would if they didn't work as hard. College admission policies that make it harder for their kids to have a good quality of life would undermine the value of working hard to provide a good life for one's kids. And this is only WRT academia. The problem would be far worse if implemented in the workforce.

For 95% of us, it doesn't make a difference. We will all go to some state university, or maybe small private college in our state. Its most important for the most prestigious universities, which favor legacies (read: rich) students, over the most qualified.

Back