Law S. Dakota governor threatens Native Tribes , demands they remove checkpoints

Define "quite probable".

You're making a lot of assumptions:

1. That minorities applied for every job for which I've been hired
2. That every minority who applied for the the vacancies I filled had at least equal qualifications
3. That every minority who didn't fill the vacancies I filled had equal qualifications and a minority-sounding name

Atleast you are actually responding to the O.P.

On Sunday, a bipartisan group of South Dakota legislators whose districts include tribal lands said in a letter to Noem, "Your statement that Tribal governments do not possess the ability to establish checkpoints within the boundaries of their homelands is not accurate."

They said that the Fort Laramie Treaties of 1851 and 1868 gave tribes such powers. The legislators also said a 1990 opinion by the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals said the state has no jurisdiction over highways running through Native American land without tribal consent.

So these folks are not living in the Adult world?

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...-between-south-dakota-governor-tribal-leaders
Watch how it plays out

Define "quite probable".
:rolleyes: Likely to happen. Within the realm of possibility.

You're making a lot of assumptions:
No shit. I'm not omniscient and this is a discussion.
1. That minorities applied for every job for which I've been hired
2. That every minority who applied for the the vacancies I filled had at least equal qualifications
3. That every minority who didn't fill the vacancies I filled had equal qualifications and a minority-sounding name
1. Negative. Could be one job you applied for and received an interview.
2. See above.
3. See above. You can walk in to fill out applications. You can be referred personally. Unless every job you've ever applied for just takes mail in of online applications.

:rolleyes: Likely to happen. Within the realm of possibility.

No shit. I'm not omniscient and this is a discussion.

1. Negative. Could be one job you applied for and received an interview.
2. See above.
3. See above. You can walk in to fill out applications. You can be referred personally. Unless every job you've ever applied for just takes mail in of online applications.

Fair point about me possibly benefiting from racial discrimination even if minorities with equal or better qualifications and minority-sounding names only applied for one of the jobs I've held. Regardless, no employer I've ever worked for has been charged with racial discrimination in hiring, much less convicted.

I'm sure the gun-toting conservatives will be around shortly to defend the rights of Natives being infringed on by the State

giphy.gif
What’s enforcing the access to existing state and national infrastructure got to do with infringement of rights? Who’s rights under the Constitution are being infringed and under what section?

As a Jew with some Cherokee blood I am mad about my ancestors losing their land so cheap

They have abysmal medical care facilities on the reservations. The articles say their nearest ICU and critical care facilities are 3 hours away. So they have to be extra vigilant, they can't be lax about this virus like South Dakota is.

The governor wants to force the Natives to allow outsiders to pass through / enter their reservations. According to the NPR article she has no legal grounds to do this.
Also, something like 40% of the CARES Act funding for tribes is frozen. They are suing over corrupt ass Tara Sweeney putting Alaska Native Corporations in as qualifying entities.

How would that work? When you apply for a job, you submit your parents' tax returns from when you were a youth to the hiring committee?
I guess that's mostly for college applications. It's already the case to some extent. Colleges try to enroll not only blacks and other minorities but also poor people. Some white guy who lives in a trailer and had to work to sustain his younger brothers and is able to score decently on the SAT will probably have a better chance of getting into a good college than a rich white kid that scored similarly, specially if he is able to write a compelling letter.

I guess that's mostly for college applications. It's already the case to some extent. Colleges try to enroll not only blacks and other minorities but also poor people. Some white guy who lives in a trailer and had to work to sustain his younger brothers and is able to score decently on the SAT will probably have a better chance of getting into a good college than a rich white kid that scored similarly, specially if he is able to write a compelling letter.

Source?

It’s simple. Who owns the road? If the state does the. They say who can use. If the NA ‘s own it then they say who can use it. It’s called right away. Now then can say who gets off the road on to the area they won and maintain.

Back