Ryan García vs Luke Campbell Jan.2nd DAZN

Campbell will be a good indicator to see if Garcia really has what it takes at this moment or if he is hyped beyond his ability.

Luke via double leg through the ropes.
Ryan doesnt have teh wrestling background that Loma has. He's fucked.

Edit: somebody should make Luke's RD attempt on Loma a gif.

Garcie is not Loma. Campbell most likely will go for stoppage because he will not hope on cards at all.
And Garcie is even more one dimensional than Dorticos.
Yeah, he is strong and fast, durable, athletic and talented guy with good gas tank.
That's all and if he will not land his money punch, he might end like Dorticos vs Gassiev. Out of the ring.

If Garcie will stop Campbell, it will not matter for him that much for future like fans are thinking and they will spent more hours to comment it than he thinking how to deal with it. He is mature male and fighting is not only one income source in the world. He is not poor.

If he will KTFO Ryan, Ryan will loss all future perspectives as professional boxer. Risk is worth his salt and there to go for KTFO Garcie is reasaonable business thing.
Will loss, nothing special, Garcie is too green and someone will KTFO him soon or a bit later.
Then he will be defeated, beated up and fans will pick up next up coming future king to follow up and pay per ppvs.

the same Linares might easily to KTFO him if catched.

you really think luke can get it done?

my money is on garcia via left hook.

Yeah I think Campbell has the tools to keep Garcia guessing.
Campbell moves well around the ring to which Garcia is quite flat footed, well to me it seems.
Campbell's left should land as Garcia doesn't tuck his chin at all.
Like you said, Garcias's left is very dangerous but Campbell displayed a lot of heart against Loma and refused to be put away.

Yeah I think Campbell has the tools to keep Garcia guessing.
Campbell moves well around the ring to which Garcia is quite flat footed, well to me it seems.
Campbell's left should land as Garcia doesn't tuck his chin at all.
Like you said, Garcias's left is very dangerous but Campbell displayed a lot of heart against Loma and refused to be put away.
Campbell has the reach and the boxing experience to stay away from Garcia's money shot. Garcia is a reflexive puncher who hits very hard to getting into a brawl with him wont be what Campbell will be looking to do.

Campbell has the reach and the boxing experience to stay away from Garcia's money shot. Garcia is a reflexive puncher who hits very hard to getting into a brawl with him wont be what Campbell will be looking to do.

Both are similar in height but not sure about the reach. Campbell was doing well working the left straight and overhand against Loma. He even somewhat stunned Loma with it in the seventh which was more an uppercut when Loma lunged in. I'm picking Campbell for this one.

Both are similar in height but not sure about the reach. Campbell was doing well working the left straight and overhand against Loma. He even somewhat stunned Loma with it in the seventh which was more an uppercut when Loma lunged in. I'm picking Campbell for this one.
I remember Campbell's overhands early but they were only glancing and meant to touch him. The uppercut to the body did get Loma's attention briefly though. Campbell was slick enough to pull him into it which is always going to hurt more as you're off balance and being brought directly into the shot. His trick to landing it was to catch Loma reaching a bit, which is something he does on occasion, and pull him in by the back of his head/neck. Loma said Campbell hurt him with that body shot but he didn't look it, he just looked surprised.

Campbell also dropped Lopez in sparring once and his punching power is underrated. He has like an 80% KO rate which is the same as Lopez's KO rate only he doesn't pack the kind of one-punch explosive power that Lopez has. I think when people think of Campbell they see a pure boxer but he's a boxer-puncher now that he's sitting down on his shots. When he fought Linares he wasn't sitting down on his shots like he learned to do later.

I said before in this thread (or maybe another Garcia-Campbell thread) that I'm also tempted to pick Campbell because of his strengths and attributes. If he nails Garcia clean upstairs with his straight left I think he could hurt him but he has to stay away from Garcia's left hook particularly on the counter. Interesting fight that could go either way depending on their strategies and preparation.

Campbell has about 1 inch more reach. I suspect that Campbell would probably try to keep the fight mostly on the outside and I dont think Garcia has the nous to get inside unlike lomachemko.

I remember Campbell's overhands early but they were only glancing and meant to touch him. The uppercut to the body did get Loma's attention briefly though. Campbell was slick enough to pull him into it which is always going to hurt more as you're off balance and being brought directly into the shot. His trick to landing it was to catch Loma reaching a bit, which is something he does on occasion, and pull him in by the back of his head/neck. Loma said Campbell hurt him with that body shot but he didn't look it, he just looked surprised.

Campbell also dropped Lopez in sparring once and his punching power is underrated. He has like an 80% KO rate which is the same as Lopez's KO rate only he doesn't pack the kind of one-punch explosive power that Lopez has. I think when people think of Campbell they see a pure boxer but he's a boxer-puncher now that he's sitting down on his shots. When he fought Linares he wasn't sitting down on his shots like he learned to do later.

I said before in this thread (or maybe another Garcia-Campbell thread) that I'm also tempted to pick Campbell because of his strengths and attributes. If he nails Garcia clean upstairs with his straight left I think he could hurt him but he has to stay away from Garcia's left hook particularly on the counter. Interesting fight that could go either way depending on their strategies and preparation.

Good write up. This also provides evidence that Campbell can plan and adjust during a bout. Campbell for the win!

This is shaping up to be a quality division. Campbell is just below the level of the other champions imo. The closer it gets I probably favour luke slightly because of the competition he’s been in with. If Garcia beats him then he is the goods imo
Very interesting fight

Garcia is a reflexive puncher who hits very hard to getting into a brawl with him wont be what Campbell will be looking to do.

Why not?
It is highly doubtable that Luke might win Garcie on judges cards in U.S.
He already had been defeated, so one defeat more or less will not matter that much.

He should stop Garcie in distance and because one dimensioal superstar Garcie throws the same suff and had fought opponents that had no business in the ring with him.
Garcie throws and if Luke evades and land on him while he continues movement then we might have to see something like Whyte vs Povetkin.
Instead of next padding fight. :D
He is 20-3 not 20-0-0 hype.
So reasonable is to risk and go to finish hype job Garcie, murcian can crusher.
If Luke will get finished, nothing wrong, for mucrian US fanbase only U.S boxer is good, nothing will change this.
Murcian market hype is for murcians........... with murcian fighters.

Lol, and when these KO artists gets a boxer in the ring, then happens stuff like Rollies or Subriel had.:)

Btw I'm not against U.S boxers.
For example Tank, Carwaford looks for me not hyped.
Terence had only one advantage over Machine; a bit better S/C and fitness level.
He was enough skilled and with high IQ to capitalise it.
Yeah, if he if fought in U.K with U.K fighter not as hometown guy in A side in U.S had ged deserved count in this fight.
For hometown businessman it does not matters.
Yeah, he then was capable to defeat him still if he had get a count.
Sorry, then round should not scored nice for him. Hometown businessman from U.S un U.S.

Pro boxe is more entertainment than sport.

Back