Russian HW prospect: Arslanbek Makhmudov

There were moments during his scrap with Takam that reminded me of Foreman vs. Frazier.
Makhmudov doesn't have the athleticism and ring IQ of a George Foreman though, otherwise he could have finished the fight much quicker.

This is why I think Ortiz, Pulev, Helenius and Povetkin should be the next steps. I don't think Dubois will go near him. I don't see any others in his near rankings that would be worth testing him on after knocking out Wach. He should aim to reach titles within 1-2 years. Once he beats Povetkin he should enter talks for a legit title. I'm not sure Chisora or Parker have much to offer.

Ursyk is an interesting one but it's gonna look like an evasive stage in Punch-Out ... or that scene from Monthy Python Life of Brian where the guy just runs away until the gladiator gets fatigued.

I kind of think Arlsan looks like a hybrid of Valuev and Vital K.
Povetkin long ago is over the hill ....long ago.
And then had covid when he already was old for ring and out of shape before he get covid....

IMHO if $ enough might be offered they might start with Pulev...
Pulev also will be easier opponent than Parker cos damn more predictable and Pulev is old....

There were moments during his scrap with Takam that reminded me of Foreman vs. Frazier.
Makhmudov doesn't have the athleticism and ring IQ of a George Foreman though, otherwise he could have finished the fight much quicker.

I had a similar vibe in the first 30 seconds. But then it was a disapointment until the end.(like most fight nowadays are) It has happened many times recently where I just go back to watching a Foreman or a Frazier fight while leaving a live boxing match of a bum prospect.

He didn’t look too good against Takam and just got a point deducted for rabbit punches against Wallisch who refused to fight and quit on the stool at the end of the first.

I had a similar vibe in the first 30 seconds. But then it was a disapointment until the end.(like most fight nowadays are) It has happened many times recently where I just go back to watching a Foreman or a Frazier fight while leaving a live boxing match of a bum prospect.
Foreman and Frazier were Olympic Gold medalists....
This for everyone following mantra : " ammy is 0 and doesn't matter ".
While promoters are thinking otherwise.

round 1 blowout for Arslan. His hayemakers were so offbeat he threw mostly rabbit punches. I would put him in the same lineup as another HW we can makes some good fights with. No one in the current bunch is really crem de la crem.

round 1 blowout for Arslan. His hayemakers were so offbeat he threw mostly rabbit punches. I would put him in the same lineup as another HW we can makes some good fights with. No one in the current bunch is really crem de la crem.

tf kinda performance was that? this was as bad as i’ve ever seen two fighters look in a one round fight.

It's hard to really say a lot because he keeps fighting people who clearly don't want to fight. Showing up out of shape seems to be the norm.

He's probably too big a risk for a top 10 to want to fight him. He might just be an attraction and never get a big fight

He's not that good. His limitations were really shown up against Takam.

bro keeps fighting without telling me.
AM now = 17-0 against 17-0 Raphel Akpejiori who is now 17-1 via round 2 KO

Arslan is now ranked 16

here is footage from a different angle

I like the part where he does the wrestling.

It's hard to really say a lot because he keeps fighting people who clearly don't want to fight. Showing up out of shape seems to be the norm.

He's probably too big a risk for a top 10 to want to fight him. He might just be an attraction and never get a big fight
he could also be just too intimidating of a presence for most of his opponents thus far. he's a big fuckin dude and sometimes that simple fact can be enough to affect someone mentally

Jalolov is gonna run this division lol
looks very solid.

That said Arslan's bone structure is tough. When he punches he hits with pure weight/force. Jalolov looks like a very big boxer.

Impressive none-the less but Arslan is a scary puncher all the same. Arslan has this look about him, like you'd punch him and worry about breaking your own hand.

Jesus just realised thus was all on today

Nottingham a great omen for keeping superhighway on track

Back