• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
quit sucking each others dicks.
im not russian i just dont want ww3 is that too much to ask ?

i dont think that anybody on the planet wants world war 3. but perhaps you can somehow convince big daddy vladdy to call off his invasion?

Russia is gonna use thousands of nukes at once, and likely preemptively if they choose to go that route

I'm sure media and some politicians would be happy with that, but it won't happen. Hopefully Zalensky reaches an agreement.

Just out interest, how would that play out?

What effect do you see Biden's comments having on the Russian invasion of Ukraine and beyond?

I'm not sure it follows that Biden and Putin have a massive falling out, therefore Russia advance their attack beyond Ukraine? Or are you implying something else?

I don't see anything other than another cold war stand off between Russia and USA emerging from further falling out?

Zalesnky talked to the American Congress, this fuels the war further and gives Zalensky power, money and weapons, a war he can't win, which will cause more deaths.

US doesn't care about Ukraine, the goal is to show how weak Russians are, politicians are not interested in the end of this war unfortunately.

i dont think that anybody on the planet wants world war 3. but perhaps you can somehow convince big daddy vladdy to call off his invasion?
DM Putin and ask him to stand down the nukes he threatened to use.
cornering a rat isnt a best idea. all i'm saying people should stop being hysterical and should use common sense ffs

Zalesnky talked to the American Congress, this fuels the war further and gives Zalensky power, money and weapons, a war he can't win, which will cause more deaths.

US doesn't care about Ukraine, the goal is to show how weak Russians are, politicians are not interested in the end of this war unfortunately.

Well, Ukraine doesn't have to win a war is the ultimate point.

Experts are saying the Russian advance is grinding to a standstill, and it's been described as potentially devolving into a stalemate situation.

But the point is, Biden's words aren't going to affect the situation in Ukraine. Putin isn't going to react to Biden's jibes by ramping up the offensive on Ukrainians. That just doesn't make any sense.

So are you saying that you think Russia will declare war on USA if Biden keeps up the rhetoric, or what outcome do you envision?

There is one thing they wont give him, no fly zone.

politicians are not interested in the end of this war unfortunately
You are right they arent because this conflict in Ukraine is a good distraction from the economy, inflation that keeps rising but the sanctions agaisnt Russia might make things a bit complex.

There is one thing they wont give him, no fly zone.

You are right they arent because this conflict in Ukraine is a good distraction from the economy, inflation that keeps rising but the sanctions agaisnt Russia might make things a bit complex.
Don't forget covid.

Fuck them! They stopped Klitschko becoming President of Ukraine!

Seriously is this news? You don't think Russia were more than meddling too?
Vladimir Putin's adviser on Ukraine Sergei Glazyev is on record saying at the time that Russia "must interfere in Ukraine" and the authorities there should use force against the demonstrators.

Vladimir Putin's adviser on Ukraine Sergei Glazyev is on record saying at the time that Russia "must interfere in Ukraine" and the authorities there should use force against the demonstrators.
You don't think Russia were more than meddling too
Who was it behind the Arab Springs?

Ukraine Sergei Glazyev is on record saying at the time that Russia "must interfere in Ukraine"
How is that any different that US officials and others since mid 2000s were meddling in the Ukrainian scene pushing Ukraine further into EU,NATO while ignoreing the warnings posed by other former world leaders of not pushing Ukraine further into West/EU?

It's crazy how American-centric some people's thinking is...

"Wow, I found a tape where an American politician discussed preferable outcomes in another part of the world."

Fucking, and?

Who gives a shit?

There's about as far from a causal link as I can possibly imagine.

A week or so back there was discussion if something stuck by an ATGM was a TOS-1 or not.
ninja edit. might be old.

Last edited:
A week or so back there was discussion if something stuck by an ATGM was a TOS-1 or not. Well now we have one now.

Holy shit...

This stuff is terrifying, I don't care how casual the conversations are on here...

imagine if the West didn't plunder and ransack a collapsed USSR how differently they might have felt about the economic model. also a guy like Putin never has the basis to rise to power. shoulda, coulda, woulda...right?
Attack and ransack a collapsed USSR? Good lord, spare us. The West made poor economic shock advisory decisions during the transition - yes... but this idea that Russia has been so wronged by the West that it should just take over what it sees as vassal states is pure bull shit. Such revisionist history.

Status
Not open for further replies.