• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I think it's really low of Putin to bring in psychopaths from Syria.
But that's how the world works.

This was an interesting little talk given by Yevhen Karas, leader of the Ukrainian nationalist activist group S14, just before the invasion started.

"We were now given so much weaponry. Not because, as some say 'the West is helping us', not because they want the best for us, but because we perform the tasks set by the West. Because we are the only ones who are ready to do them. Because we have fun; we have fun killing and we have fun fighting.

"That is the reason for the new alliance: Turkey, Poland, Britain and Ukraine. We are the flagmen here because we have started a war that has not been seen in 60 years."

"We are a huge, powerful state, and if we come to power it will be both joy and problems for the whole world."

"LGBT and foreign embassies saying, "there were not many (neo) Nazis on Maidan, maybe about 10% of real ideological ones". Such a thing can only be said by a moron who was never at war and doesn't understand that that 10%, maybe even just 8%, are much more effective in proportion of influence. If not for that 8%, the effectiveness of Maidan would have dropped by about 90%"

"If not for the Nationalists, that whole thing (the Maidan) would have turned into a gay parade."

So, yeah. The West has, as usual, been arming actual right-wing extremists whose permutation of nationalism is aggressive and murderous. And, yes, all the people saying "there are no neo-Nazis in Ukraine" are mostly people who don't quite understand that the actual extremists are always a minority. Not everyone fighting in the ME, for example, is a Jihadi ready to blow himself up for Allah, but the hard core of extremism is generally what resistance is built around - let's just hope that the West trying to build most well-armed nation in Europe around that hard core doesn't backfire.

Do you even know how many men are in Azov? You take one extremist and label the entire Country as so, shame on you.

Reactions: lsa
This is what i'm talking about. You guys can only operate from "Grrr we hate him so he's a retarded crazy person" so any insistence of the contrary gets you hot under the collar.
Don't see this type of energy for Xi, Iran, Pakistan, Malaysia, etc. Weird.

Haha, what the fuck dude?
<FookIsThatGuy>

There's plenty of despise to throw around at all of the leaders in those countries, but please replace Malaysia with Venezuela. Last time I checked 1. This is a thread about Russian invasion of Ukraine, 2. None of those motherfuckers actually did something as reckless and stupid as this fucking clown over here.

Your train of thought seems a bit messed up : People don't hate him and that's why he's a retarded crazy person.
NO, people hate him because he's a retarded, crazy person who tries to flex and just invaded another country.

What's your analysis on his last speech?

it is kind of amusing how contrarian/hypocritical the media is.

nazi, nazi, nazi. then putin makes the same argument and suddenly the media loves ukraine and forgets that they were just busy calling them nazis. it's propaganda when putin said it, but somehow it was totally fine before then? which is it?

also, the dems hated zelenskyy in 2019/2020 and used his anti-corruption stance as a good part of their basis to impeach trump (for biden's quid pro quo).

clown world, coming to a ww3 near you.

How is there going to be a WW3 when Ukraine is potentially going to destroy Russia themselves?

a bit off topic but still in the main discussion … do we have any news on wali the Canadian sniper ? He hasn’t posted in a few days on his blog and Facebook page too , it seems the worst has happened.

I mean hes in a warzone so got better things to do than update social media.

Or hes dead

Haha, what the fuck dude?
<FookIsThatGuy>

There's plenty of despise to throw around at all of the leaders in those countries, but please replace Malaysia with Venezuela. Last time I checked 1. This is a thread about Russian invasion of Ukraine, 2. None of those motherfuckers actually did something as reckless and stupid as this fucking clown over here.

Your train of thought seems a bit messed up : People don't hate him and that's why he's a retarded crazy person.
NO, people hate him because he's a retarded, crazy person who tries to flex and just invaded another country.

What's your analysis on his last speech?
Xi took over Hong Kong

A guy tries to flex by invading another country and fucks up his own economy in the process.
Do you think putin knew this would happen?
Did China give him the OK? Is China backing Russia?

I'm pretty sure he was well aware what would happen.

Xi took over Hong Kong
There's a slight nuance between China's soft chokehold on weaker economies and slowly depriving HK off the one-country, two-systems thingy and Mr. KGB's bullshit monologues of ever-changing excuses to invade another sovereign nation by military.
I would assume that you understand the difference in 1. the practices applied in both cases, 2. the world's reaction both cases, 3. the effectiveness of China's soft power/bribing around the world in comparison to threats and backstabbings by an idiot.

Putin didn't expect this to happen and he probably didn't know the sorry state his military really is in.
China had nothing to do with this, they're not directly involved and there's no gain for them given their global plans so it's not their dance.
China is probably not yet backing Russia, but the rumours are both hilarious and sad is Putin has asked them to supply him.

The Chinese knew. The timing is too convenient, straight after the Winter Olympics. And we know how Putin loves to invade during the Olympics, so Putin must have been extra nice to wait until the end this time!
Here is an article talking about the risk of a Russian invasion due to the Olympics.
https://www.mei.edu/events/olympics-and-russian-invasion said:
Russia’s invasion of Georgia in 2008 took place during the summer Olympics in Beijing. The Kremlin’s invasion of Ukraine in 2014 took place during the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. Because of this pattern, many analysts have pointed to an increased risk of a new Russian invasion of Ukraine during the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. At this year’s Olympic opening, China’s President Xi and Russia’s President Putin are due to meet for the first time in two years in person and to extensively discuss Ukraine and Russia’s demands from the United States to withdraw from Eastern Europe

There is a video of a civilian truck chasing a Russian convoy and blasting with an RPG. At this time, Biden should look to end the war and not escalate the conflict.

Should he hell. Vladimir Putin should look to end the conflict. He's nearly solely responsible. You people turning your sights on Biden are looking at things ass-backwards. There's one guy to blame here and he's bloated, Russian manlet.

I think Hong Kong disagree with this
And yet no one does anything other than offer some harsh words of condemnation. Putin should take note, this is how to get things done if you are smart.

There is a video of a civilian truck chasing a Russian convoy and blasting with an RPG. At this time, Biden should look to end the war and not escalate the conflict.
Lol!!! If this is happening, the war is about over for sure. Russia is done, a complete laughingstock.
{<jordan}

So you don't care that the owner of the biggest SM platform at the time donated 400 million dollars to our election process?

Lol this guy! You ask me some troll question and then try to make it like I asked about the election fraud. Is this OK mods? I was told it wasn't. I'm not playing your game bud. You should feel proud you're one of the 81 million that voted for grandpa. Show your pride!

lol i didnt vote for anybody. aww screw it what am i saying? i voted 18 times for sleepy joe. and so did my dog. and all of my dead hombres over in mexico. all were registered democrats. the media won't tell you about that though.

I think Hong Kong disagree with this

It was a 99 year lease with the British that ended in 1997. But there was a joint agreement with China in 1984 that it would remain a "one country, two system" situation for 50 years. The Chinese broke their end of the deal.

But still, it's not like we can compare China's economic stranglehold and might with Russia. At this point, it'll take China, India and a few others to help prop up Russia's failing economy, and even then I don't know if it'll be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.