• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V11

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone knows Bakhmut is about to fall.

wagner convicts are in control of how much territory in bakhmut again? like 98%?

zelensky strategy of sending his troops to be slaughtered is definitely working out for him

Sure during peace time, but they're literally fighting a losing war. Certain things have to take priority in such conditions.

Pulling manpower from all over the country and the front, clogging logistics into the city, probably not one of the priorities.

It depends if you want to keep the appearance of normalcy.

If you cancel the military parade its a tacit confirmation that the war isn't going well.

images

Russia's annual victory day parade... featured a single tank (ww2 era t34) and a handful of armored vehicles...

Next year they might just play old footage on a big screen

The year after that …….clips of ”Enemy At The Gates”.

wagner convicts are in control of how much territory in bakhmut again? like 98%?

zelensky strategy of sending his troops to be slaughtered is definitely working out for him
I think Wagner wants out of the war from everything I have been reading. Wagner seems just as likely to be willing to give up the everything to Ukraine if they can get out as to keep fighting for Russia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...raine-leaked-documents/?utm_source=reddit.com

It depends if you want to keep the appearance of normalcy.

If you cancel the military parade its a tacit confirmation that the war isn't going well.

I mean this works both ways, if you're in a war and holding military parades it shows that you're not taking it very seriously. This is a bad look if you're trying to get more people involved domestically heavily investing in public vanity projects.

I don't think there is much to be gained about Russian strength that we don't already know scrying over the size of their military parades.

Eating dick for a year in Ukraine is a much greater sign of weakness, imo.

I mean this works both ways, if you're in a war and holding military parades it shows that you're not taking it very seriously.

Yup, which is why i guess they tried to go to the middle using that relic of a tank instead of real military hardware.

In the end i think they failed on both instances.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/ba...s-vindicate-defense-of-besieged-city-cfea6093

“The goal, they say, has been to engage and exhaust the Russian forces as Ukraine prepares for its own offensive elsewhere.
“We lured the enemy into a Bakhmut trap,” said Col. Serhiy Cherevatiy, a spokesman for Ukrainian forces in eastern Ukraine. “The enemy has lost an incredible amount of manpower. We’re continuing to bleed the enemy.”

And

“Just a week ago, soldiers from Ukraine’s 93rd Mechanized Brigade were questioning why they were still being asked to hold Bakhmut, according to a medic in the unit. The counterattack has boosted morale, he said.
“It gives me hope,” the medic said.
Phillips OBrien, professor of strategic studies at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland, said fighting for the city was a sound strategic choice for Ukraine. If Ukrainian forces had pulled back from the city, he said, the Kremlin might have declared victory and shifted to a defensive posture.
“Ukraine desperately needed to weaken Russia before the counteroffensive,” he said. Drawing Russian forces into the fight for Bakhmut, he said, was aimed not only at weakening them but also at preventing them from training or digging trenches in other parts of Ukraine. “The last thing Ukraine wanted was for the Russians to go on the defensive.”

{<redford}

You can't be this retarded, can you? More dead Russians = more sunflowers :)

Dayum, like sharks on a feeding frenzy, they turn on their own the moment they smell blood.

wow, at first i was thinking maybe this is an out of context event and they are stripping him to address his wounds. nope. fucking savage.

Status
Not open for further replies.