Running Shoes

those sneakers suck. i bought two pairs and they both ripped within 1 month of roadwork. while they were good and comfortable to run in. the back just rips all the time. its like a defect. i tried even sewing them back and it still ripped again

I thought I had read that the new version had corrected this problem. How long ago was your experience with them?

go to runningwarehouse.com look around

i have the 2130's, i used them in track this year they were pretty good

I live on a golf course and I'm going to start running regularly this summer. I've jogged and walked on the course barefoot, but because I'm out there at dusk it's easy to step on sprinkler heads, tees, etc.

So would I be better off picking up a trail running shoe, or would regular running shoes be adequate?

Trail shoes have lower profile soles to give you a better 'feel' of what you're running on and more control, they also have more lateral support. If you're just running golf-courses, running shoes should be perfectly adequate.

I thought I had read that the new version had corrected this problem. How long ago was your experience with them?

i bought one when it first came out ( thats when they had commercials for it) so thats like one year ago or more. and then maybe 8 months after the first one ripped. i bought a second pair. its the same generation but different colour. can u link me the new generation of the 5.0? i became so disenchanted with running shoes. i bought a pair of 8 dollar starbury running shoes.

i bought one when it first came out ( thats when they had commercials for it) so thats like one year ago or more. and then maybe 8 months after the first one ripped. i bought a second pair. its the same generation but different colour. can u link me the new generation of the 5.0? i became so disenchanted with running shoes. i bought a pair of 8 dollar starbury running shoes.

Sorry, I guess I read it in a Wiki. But maybe Nike modifies it themselves:

Wikipedia said:
"In 2006 Nike released a new version of the shoe, the Nike Free V2, that addressed some of the durability issues in the earlier model. Among other changes, the heel and sidewalls of the shoe were redesigned to prevent tearing.

In 2007, Nike released it 3rd edition of the shoe, Nike Free V3, which is an update to the V2."

Nike.com

So, I ended up getting these: Nike.com

So far I am happy with them, and seem to be a lot easier on my knees/joints. Thanks for all the replies

asics gt 2130's arguably the best running shos on the market...
7769-512348-d.jpg

ASICS America - GT-2130

14023101_z.jpg

The nike airmax 180s are great! Ive had them for over a year and there ready to give out now. I am looking for a new comfy and good looking shoe to run in. Any suggestions?

the Nike Free 5.0

It mimics running barefoot and strengthens your feet in the process. Some of those crazy fuckers that run the ultra-marathons swear by them.

that sounds cool but i dont support nike. any other brand that has a similar style?

Anybody have any experience with the Asics gel kayano 14?
AMK14R-fv.jpg

They dont look stylish but seem to be a good shoe

Anybody have any experience with the Asics gel kayano 14?
AMK14R-fv.jpg

They dont look stylish but seem to be a good shoe

I went to a shoe store just last week and these cost to an equivalent of roughly $160!.

Heard exceptionally good shit about Kayanos. They're more neutral than the GT-2130's mentioned earlier in the thread. Less motion control. Good shoe if suited to your foot type.

i am used to running barefoot on wooden floor. i was thinking about buying this as an alternative to the nike 5.0 but they are so damn ugly
Vibram FiveFingers: Sprint

anyone has experience with them?

I went to a shoe store just last week and these cost to an equivalent of roughly $160!.

for my asics last year I went to sweatshop and they cost me

the Nike Free 5.0

It mimics running barefoot and strengthens your feet in the process. Some of those crazy fuckers that run the ultra-marathons swear by them.

I have them. And there alright, hurt my arches a lot not a lot of support in the arches. Looking to getting some asics soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back