RUMOR: UFC interested in doing Chael Sonnen vs. Nick Diaz at 185, possibly at UFC 205 at MSG

That is the shittiest match up possible for either guy. Chael will just lay on top of him the whole fight and both of them will come out looking bad.

Yeah, I don't see Dana even pushing this one through. Awful matchup all around.

Y
don't forget that chael was on all kinds of peds.... maybe now he's weak af post USADA
You're stating the obvious here

I doubt he beats leities

Nick is overrated too though and he didn't even want anything to do with mayhem at 185
He loses to chael in a boring fight

Nick will put the beating on Chael. Chael to soft to mess with a fighter like diaz.

Bad match up for Diaz.
I would have done Diaz vs Anderson again instead.

"Basically clean" Chael would be too big and strong of a grappler for Diaz.

He stands a better chance against a MW striker than a MW grappler.

Last edited:
Huge fan of both but that's a terrible fucking matchup. Joe Silva should be fired if this happens.

It's a waste of Diaz.
You're being kind my friend. Silva should have been shitcanned years ago.

Chael should enter the Rizin GP repping UFC and if he loses, Dana can say, "He never came back fighting for us!l

And what a coincidence, Chael wants a piece of Wandy, just like Chuck.....Dana can afford to lose another bet.

But, why?

Battle of the irrelevant.
Both will probably fail their drug tests and go back to being suspended.

Sonnen takes him down and controls him for 5 rounds or Diaz triangle late in round 5.

Is normal.

People need to keep in mind Chael probably won't be half the fighter he was without all the PEDs. He just wasn't on a few PEDs he was on like everything lol.

I don't love the match up but I prefer it over Nick fight Woodley. I'd prefer Nick vs Robbbie mostly but Nick doesn't really deserve that fight either.

Hard not for me to think that Chael just wrestles Diaz for a decision, especially if it's three rounds.

That is the shittiest match up possible for either guy. Chael will just lay on top of him the whole fight and both of them will come out looking bad.

but but but but NIck Diaz has that stellar BJJ, going to the ground with him should be an easy sub!

Really doubt it, They are somewhat friends and have trained together?

Guess in the end that might not matter but just seems like a really stange match up

It's kind of funny that it seems like most of the people Nick Diaz train with are PED abusers but all I ever hear is "everyone does steroids, except the Diaz bros, they'd never do steroids".

It's kind of funny that it seems like most of the people Nick Diaz train with are PED abusers but all I ever hear is "everyone does steroids, except the Diaz bros, they'd never do steroids".
Do you really believe they would?

There are just some people who it would really really shock you if u heard they were and the Diaz bros are in that category

Chael by decision. Nick is terrible vs. strong wrestlers.

Do you really believe they would?

There are just some people who it would really really shock you if u heard they were and the Diaz bros are in that category

Yeah, I completely agree. I don't think that two people who don't give two shits about laws or regulations, hang around a group of PED users, and have cardio for days would ever think of using PEDs. They should be completely off the radar.

Back